Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #511
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,036

As of today, International Food Festival, is not operational. It has been replaced with Monster's Cafe on the Meal Deal list. Rumours are that this is going to become part of the Simpsons area, possibly rethemed to Krusty Burgers and Moe's Tavern.

Last edited by damo; 11-08-2012 at 08:50 AM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #512
turtlechick6
supergeek
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 222

So we leave in 2 weeks for Universal and IOA. I have a peanut allergic son and a picky eater on top of it. I am not feeling great about our prospects as I checked their websites and could not find menus online or much about it.

I plan on bringing a simple lunch with us that I can pack so at least one meal is covered. Also snacks. But at least one meal a day will need to be bought in the parks. I would rather not feed them pizza every night but that is one thing I know they will eat and is usually peanut free.

They also love grilled cheese sandwiches and pasta. Any tips?
turtlechick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #513
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlechick6 View Post
So we leave in 2 weeks for Universal and IOA. I have a peanut allergic son and a picky eater on top of it. I am not feeling great about our prospects as I checked their websites and could not find menus online or much about it.

I plan on bringing a simple lunch with us that I can pack so at least one meal is covered. Also snacks. But at least one meal a day will need to be bought in the parks. I would rather not feed them pizza every night but that is one thing I know they will eat and is usually peanut free.

They also love grilled cheese sandwiches and pasta. Any tips?

Did you check out the menus on the first page? There is some information about who to contact with your questions.

Last edited by damo; 11-11-2012 at 06:27 PM.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #514
johde
DIS Veteran
 
johde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,412

Damo - Thanks for the great information. I tried Mythos for the first time on my last trip and I'm considering heading out for more table service options this trip. They just don't seem that much more expensive than counter service offerings.

I'm going on a solo trip Jan 4-6 and wondered if I'd need reservations for Mythos and possible Flannigans? When I went to Mythos for lunch last time, it was September and Harry Potter wasn't open yet and I could walk right in no problem.
__________________
Jeremy

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #515
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by johde View Post
Damo - Thanks for the great information. I tried Mythos for the first time on my last trip and I'm considering heading out for more table service options this trip. They just don't seem that much more expensive than counter service offerings.

I'm going on a solo trip Jan 4-6 and wondered if I'd need reservations for Mythos and possible Flannigans? When I went to Mythos for lunch last time, it was September and Harry Potter wasn't open yet and I could walk right in no problem.
The first couple of weeks in January have been really busy the last couple of years. I'd make a reservation for Mythos just to be safe. Finnegan's is probably okay but it is quite a small place.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #516
dancs1985
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 3

Since Monsters Cafe is closed to be refurbished into a Transformers themed restaurant, which restaurant will it be replaced by on the Meal Deal?
dancs1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #517
cheryljill
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7

These boards (and this thread in particular) have been so helpful in our planning for an upcoming IoA trip! Hoping someone will be able to clarify something for me. We are going to be in IoA on Dec. 25th (wish us luck!) and a few weeks ago, I went on Open Table and made a reservation for dinner at Mythos at 6:30. Now I am seeing that they are lunch-only and usually open only from 12-4. I've tried calling the reservation number at Universal for the past three days and every time I call it says the mailbox is full. This is very frustrating! I just went and made a 3:30 reservation just in case, but is there any way of knowing the restaurant's hours ahead of time? Thanks!
cheryljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #518
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryljill View Post
These boards (and this thread in particular) have been so helpful in our planning for an upcoming IoA trip! Hoping someone will be able to clarify something for me. We are going to be in IoA on Dec. 25th (wish us luck!) and a few weeks ago, I went on Open Table and made a reservation for dinner at Mythos at 6:30. Now I am seeing that they are lunch-only and usually open only from 12-4. I've tried calling the reservation number at Universal for the past three days and every time I call it says the mailbox is full. This is very frustrating! I just went and made a 3:30 reservation just in case, but is there any way of knowing the restaurant's hours ahead of time? Thanks!
When the park closes at 6 or 7, Mythos is only open until 4 or so. On Dec. 25, the park is open until 9, so Mythos will be open for dinner.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #519
cheryljill
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
When the park closes at 6 or 7, Mythos is only open until 4 or so. On Dec. 25, the park is open until 9, so Mythos will be open for dinner.
Thank you so much, that is good news!
cheryljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #520
xApril
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,450

If anyone's going soon, definitely look into photographing some of the table-service restaurants in the parks (specifically Lombards, Mythos, and Confiscos) as they have made some changes to the menus. I'm sure Finnegans probably made changes too, but I haven't made it over there.

I've been to the three over the past few weeks (always forgetting to take pictures of the menu) and I have seen that they have all seemed to change their menus.
xApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #521
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,036

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApril View Post
If anyone's going soon, definitely look into photographing some of the table-service restaurants in the parks (specifically Lombards, Mythos, and Confiscos) as they have made some changes to the menus. I'm sure Finnegans probably made changes too, but I haven't made it over there.

I've been to the three over the past few weeks (always forgetting to take pictures of the menu) and I have seen that they have all seemed to change their menus.
I would appreciate that!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #522
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,882

i'm hoping that the scotch eggs are still gonna be at Finnegans.......
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #523
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,824

This threas was extremely helpful for my September trip and I am now going again in April so would appreciate updated menus!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #524
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!
 
damo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Hagrid's hut
Posts: 29,036

If someone could get a menu photo from Cafe La Bamba too, that would be great. They are now serving food during the day.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #525
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,824

Merry Christmas to all !!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
breakfasts, dining, food & beverage, smart visitors, universal, universal orlando, vegan, vegetarian



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: