Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #1021
sgarvey1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Sounds good to me. Alligator Bayou 16 or 17 would also be good choices, but 85 (Magnolia Terrace) is good for access to the pool, especially if you get the northern wing area. 80 (Acadian House) wouldn't be a bad choice either, but you'd need to ask for the southern end closest to the Ol Man Island bridge. See the map in the first post for more details.

Andre
Thanks for the advice. I have one more question, sorry. Looking at the map, I think we may be better off in 16 or 17 as we want to get to rope drop and from other posts I've read it seems like the main bus stop would be the best one for early morning. Do you agree? Thanks so much.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #1022
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears

Advice??

We are going to be at POR in a standard RR December 9-18th. This is our first stay at a moderate resort. We have previously stayed at ASM and POP and really liked them both. We are estatic to be able to stay in a Royal Room and are surprising our kids on this trip (DD7 and DS4).

My question is are there any special requests we should make regarding our room? I requested the Oak Manor building b/c it seems closer to the bridge to the main building. How likely would it be to get some "pixie dust" and be upgraded to a garden view or river view RR?

Any tips on ways to make this trip EXTRA special for our kids? We have been planning this for what seems like forever and don't want to miss any opportunities.

Thanks in advance for all the help!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #1023
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom
I'm thinking of booking a Royal Room, Standard View. I'll be a solo adult (DH may join me for the last night). Any requests I should make?
For a solo trip, definitely Oak Manor.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #1024
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post

I always like to end my day at a resort for dinner, take the DTD bus back from the resort to the hub. You can see the roof of the RFC from the bus hub, so you cannot get lost coming back; unless you want to get "lost" in the shops. I cannot resist going in the Christmas shop.

Also head over to Ghiradelli's for dessert.
We are also planning to end our day at a few resort restaurants. Do you find this is the best way to get back to POR? Do you take the boat from the hub once you get there?

If we are at a monorail resort, would the best way be to get back to the TTC then take the POR bus from there?

Thanks!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #1025
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post
We are also planning to end our day at a few resort restaurants. Do you find this is the best way to get back to POR? Do you take the boat from the hub once you get there?

If we are at a monorail resort, would the best way be to get back to the TTC then take the POR bus from there?

Thanks!
I have never done the TTC route, so I cannot comment on that, but I find taking the bus to DTD and then the water taxi back to POR the most efficient, because you don't have to remember which parks are open late to do a transfer at the parks.

The bus hub is at the back of the complex behind WPE, if memory serves me correctly. The water taxi dock for the Marketplace is right near RFC, but you can see the roof of the restaurant from the bus hub, so it is maybe a five minute walk or so.

The water taxi makes it last run at 11:00 pm and the buses from DTD run until about 2 am, so you can come back as late as you like and still not have a problem getting back to the resort. However, the bus does make the loop around Pleasure Island, etc, so it will be longer. The water taxi stops at POFQ before going to POR.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #1026
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2gr8kids View Post

Thanks!
There are no buses that go from the TTC to the resorts; the only buses you can get from the TTC are for DHS and AK.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #1027
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Looking at the map, the Magnolia building looks to be a reasonable walk to both Old Main Island and the main building. Is this correct?

We always rent a car, so being close to the bus stop doesn't really matter to us. But we do make good use of our refillable mugs, so we'd like to be within reasonable distance of a place where we can refill those, especially when we come back from the parks at night. (As I'm typing this, I'm thinking there was more than one place to refill the mugs, is that right?)

We're still trying to decide between CSR and POR, but I'm really leaning toward POR. I may be leaning so far that I could fall over very soon. And I don't think convincing hubby will be difficult. And since there aren't any kids to worry about, he's the only one I need to convince.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #1028
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oka1jeg View Post
Any tips on ways to make this trip EXTRA special for our kids? We have been planning this for what seems like forever and don't want to miss any opportunities.

Thanks in advance for all the help!!
There is a children's pirate treasure hunt cruise that leaves from the POR marina. If you call WDW-PLAY you can book it through them. My kids did it in August and had a lot of fun. Also, make sure to spend some time at the 'Ol Man Island pool, the slide was a big hit!
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #1029
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Looking at the map, the Magnolia building looks to be a reasonable walk to both Old Main Island and the main building. Is this correct?

We always rent a car, so being close to the bus stop doesn't really matter to us. But we do make good use of our refillable mugs, so we'd like to be within reasonable distance of a place where we can refill those, especially when we come back from the parks at night. (As I'm typing this, I'm thinking there was more than one place to refill the mugs, is that right?)

We're still trying to decide between CSR and POR, but I'm really leaning toward POR. I may be leaning so far that I could fall over very soon. And I don't think convincing hubby will be difficult. And since there aren't any kids to worry about, he's the only one I need to convince.
Magnolia Building is a nice walk to the main building.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #1030
ajordan79
Mouseketeer

I did online check in and faxed my requests to POR this morning. I already received a response from them. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Venom for all the help! It was very appreciated!

I can't believe it's almost here! Bring on that warm Florida sunshine.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #1031
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Bayou Pirate Adventure

Have your kiddos done this? What did they think? Will be at POR August 2013 with DH, DS10, DS6, and DD4. DH and I thought it might be fun to be kid free for a bit. I think DS6 would like it. What about DS10 and DD? Too old or young?
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #1032
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajordan79 View Post
I did online check in and faxed my requests to POR this morning. I already received a response from them. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Venom for all the help! It was very appreciated!

I can't believe it's almost here! Bring on that warm Florida sunshine.
Yeah no problem Have a magical stay here at WDW!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:53 AM   #1033
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I was at a meeting today and we discussed our next meeting, which would be the week after Thanksgiving. Someone in the room said, "Hey, don't you go to Disney World that week?"

Ah, alas, but not this year - my mom is having surgery that week. I am blue for POR, but I will get to go twice next year, so it will be worth the wait.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #1034
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I was at a meeting today and we discussed our next meeting, which would be the week after Thanksgiving. Someone in the room said, "Hey, don't you go to Disney World that week?"

Ah, alas, but not this year - my mom is having surgery that week. I am blue for POR, but I will get to go twice next year, so it will be worth the wait.
Hey Missy, Sorry your mom has surgery coming up. I wish her the best!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #1035
DWfirsttimer3
Earning My Ears

Some honest feedback needed!

We are heading to POR tomorrow, or are supposed to be! Our house was broken into today, many items were stolen, including our vacation disney gift cards! I am not sure if we should still go on this vacation! Too many worries at home. What would you do?
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: