Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
luvlife
Mouseketeer

late night flight check-in question

We are arriving at MCO at 10:45 pm where we will be getting our rental and luggage then heading to POR. I was wondering if anyone has experience with such a late check in. Do they hold the room that long? I'm not sure how we should go about this.

luvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlife View Post
We are arriving at MCO at 10:45 pm where we will be getting our rental and luggage then heading to POR. I was wondering if anyone has experience with such a late check in. Do they hold the room that long? I'm not sure how we should go about this.
On our last trip we checked in well after midnight. In fact it may have been closer to 2:00am. We did it because taking that late of a flight and adding a full package day was cheaper than taking a flight the next day.

No problem at all getting the rental car and checking in. I did note on the reservation that we'd be arriving after midnight. It was a little eerie being in the lobby at that hour with no one else around except the person checking us in. Other than that there were nothing at all different about the check in process besides exhaustion. One thing to remember is that you'll probably be hungry if you have a long trip. We were sure to pack a late night snack to have because nothing would be open to grab something in the food court.
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 AM   #3
luvlife
Mouseketeer

Thank you, I also was able to get a much better price for our flight by going a day early. I am nervous about it because we usually leave home with early morning flight and to check in early afternoon. I was hoping they wouldn't give us a problem with the room. Our actual package doesn't start until the next day so I'm also hoping we won't have to switch rooms. Thanks for the late night snack tip, I'm sure the kids will probably be hungry.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

The computers don't roll over to the next day until 6:00 am, so you are good.

Also, you can link your ressies; and they will try their best to make sure you don't have to move. I have had a discount that starts the day after I arrive for the last three years; only once did I have to move, but it was well worth it.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
luvlife
Mouseketeer

"The computers don't roll over to the next day until 6:00 am, so you are good.

Also, you can link your ressies; and they will try their best to make sure you don't have to move. I have had a discount that starts the day after I arrive for the last three years; only once did I have to move, but it was well worth it. "

Thank you, I did ask the cm on the phone if I could link the reservations and she said that it wasn't possible to do so She told me she would reference each reservation on the other and that was all she could do. I was hoping we didn't have to move so I booked the same room as my ressie, rgr garden view. I know there's no guarantee that I can stay in the room but hopefully if we do have to move it will be worth it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: