Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Just back - a few highs and lows

We got back on Tuesday morning from our amazing trip to WDW. I intend to do a trip report but thought I would share a few thoughts.

Highs
Eveything lol.
OKW - the resort was everything I had hoped for. It was pretty, quiet, clean and friendly. The one bed rooms are VAST! I was surprised at how much space we had. The superking bed was enormous. The pools were a huge hit with the kids.

The parks - so much to do, so little time to do it. I still feel like we only touched the surface.

The food - it was great to be able to order what we liked without worrying about the bill. We had some great meals and I will review all of them in my trip report.

Character interaction - no scrums like we have experienced at DLP.

BBB - DD (8) loved this despite initial reservations. DD (5) did NOT love it (more on that later)

Parties - it was great to experience both Christmas and Halloween parties.

Lows
No real lows. A couple of things that didn't go according to plan, but nothing that would take away from the enjoyment of the holiday.

Moving rooms - the walls are thin at OKW and we asked to move rooms to a top floor as the people above us were very early risers and very noisy.

MNSSHP - I loved this but the kids were too tired to really enjoy it and I don't feel that we got as much out of it as we could. I would do it again but preferably in the second week of the holiday.

Illness - DD (12) was very poorly on our second day and it affected her for the first week.

And finally...
A huge thank you to everyone on this forum who has patiently anwswered my inane questions since 2009. All of the planning came together in the end, and made this holiday a truly magical experience.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: