Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #391
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 986

Has anybody gotten a decent rate with Alamo?! Wow, we used to rent from them every trip but this time they are well over $400.00 for our dates, (12/1-12/8) and im only looking to book an economy car! Luckily I was able to get a good rate with Enterprise ($158.00). Just wondered if I missed some huge discount out there for Alamo?


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #392
nilseks
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Has anybody gotten a decent rate with Alamo?! Wow, we used to rent from them every trip but this time they are well over $400.00 for our dates, (12/1-12/8) and im only looking to book an economy car! Luckily I was able to get a good rate with Enterprise ($158.00). Just wondered if I missed some huge discount out there for Alamo?

Nope, you didn't miss any great specials! There just haven't been any.

I have been reading these boards for a while and I'm so glad I didn't wait until right before the trip to book our rental car. Everyone says it is so much cheaper right before, but it seems that rates are generally high and the pattern of last minute discounts doesn't apply right now.

I rented a car at Orlando International a few weeks ago and there were never any last minute discounts. I got the best rate about 2 month ahead of time. For our December trip (same dates as yours) I've been watching rates daily for 2 months. I have rebooked several times since my initial booking, but I got the best rate on 10/17. Mid-size from Advantage for $96 including all fees and taxes. Haven't seen anything even close to that since.

By the way, I rented from Advantage 2 weeks ago and had NO problems. Good, quick service, and they gave me a larger car than what I booked. Hoping for the same in December!
__________________
nilseks is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #393
wings91
DIS Veteran
 
wings91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Big Bend, WI
Posts: 528

Are there any active active coupon codes for National that can be stacked on the KLM discount? The latest I found expires 11/17, I'm looking for anything active through 12/15.
__________________
Dave


4/86 - Offsite | 8/93 - Offsite | 5/00 - ASSp | 10/01 - ASMu & ASMo | 9/02 - ASSp
5/06 - POR & WL & RPR@US/IOA | 4/07 - CBR & WL & PBH@US/IOA |
4/08 - CSR & WL & HRH@US/IOA | 12/08 - POP & WL | 4/09 - POFQ & WL & RPR@US/IOA
10/10 - POP & WL & RPR @US/IOA | 5/11 - BWV | 10/11 - AKL & WL
5/12 - OKW & WL | 12/12 - AoA & WL | 4/13 - POP & SSR | 11/14 - POP & SSR
wings91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #394
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,519

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings91 View Post
Are there any active active coupon codes for National that can be stacked on the KLM discount? The latest I found expires 11/17, I'm looking for anything active through 12/15.
I am using an AMEX 2 class upgrade, NU1155SDA. Booked a compact, gets me a standard (full size at MCO) for $224 for 8 days, 12/4-12/12.
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #395
webworm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan7 View Post
Looking for a mini-van 12/3-12/8. Coupons are not working because of no Saturday stay, (even though most companies are charging the full week rate) Has anyone ever just put that they would be returning it on Sunday and returned early on Saturday?
With Budget using travelocity code x474200 and e-coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off you can get a minivan for $265 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #396
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v
 
hsmamato2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 6,081

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
By the way, I rented from Advantage 2 weeks ago and had NO problems. Good, quick service, and they gave me a larger car than what I booked. Hoping for the same in December!
Glad to hear a good review! We're taking our chances with them too,since the rates were worth a try!
__________________
Ohana means family
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #397
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,860

Quote:
Originally Posted by webworm View Post
With Budget using travelocity code x474200 and e-coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off you can get a minivan for $265 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle.
Just an FYI.......the coupon code listed is a Costco coupon. So you would have to have/should have a Costco membership in order to use this, and be prepared to show your card if questioned.

For coupons that are membership-specific, this should always be pointed out to ensure you qualify for the discount. I, for one, DON'T have a Costco membership so shouldn't use the coupon (and I'm sure there are others in the same boat). The same information should be expressly noted for all discount codes and coupons linked to Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Sam's Club, etc.

From what I have found, a general coupon you could apply to a Budget reservation using the discount via the Travelocity code of X474200 is MUWZ023. Its only for $25, not $30, but isn't affiliated with Costco or other membership so it appears to be safe for all.

If you have a Costco membership, then by all means use the $30-off offer.
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #398
melissac
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hazelhurst, WI
Posts: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilseks View Post
Nope, you didn't miss any great specials! There just haven't been any.

I have been reading these boards for a while and I'm so glad I didn't wait until right before the trip to book our rental car. Everyone says it is so much cheaper right before, but it seems that rates are generally high and the pattern of last minute discounts doesn't apply right now.

I rented a car at Orlando International a few weeks ago and there were never any last minute discounts. I got the best rate about 2 month ahead of time. For our December trip (same dates as yours) I've been watching rates daily for 2 months. I have rebooked several times since my initial booking, but I got the best rate on 10/17. Mid-size from Advantage for $96 including all fees and taxes. Haven't seen anything even close to that since.

By the way, I rented from Advantage 2 weeks ago and had NO problems. Good, quick service, and they gave me a larger car than what I booked. Hoping for the same in December!
We are renting from Advantage too and glad to hear the positive report. Nothing can compare to the great price we got. Under $100 for 6 days with all tax and fees.
__________________

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013, POR May 2014
melissac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #399
nilseks
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
Glad to hear a good review! We're taking our chances with them too,since the rates were worth a try!
Yep, definitely worth trying. I had read some bad reviews and the prices seemed too good to be true. I was very relieved to receive great service. The only thing I would note is that our car had a lot of minor surface flaws (scratches/dings). It didn't detract from the vehicle and it's not like it looked like we were driving around in a junker, but I just mention it so you make sure to really look your car over before you leave. My 3 girlfriends and I noted all the imperfections on the sheet and by the time we were done, there would have been no way they could have every charged us for a scratch, because we had so many marked down.
__________________
nilseks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #400
wdwstar
DIS Veteran
 
wdwstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,281

Tried to add the coupon to my rental and since they were out of mini vans for my time frame, i couldnt add the coupon unless i wanted to switch to a intermediate . suv for the same price.
wdwstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #401
BigTigger
DIS Veteran
 
BigTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Groveland, FL
Posts: 737

I got a Standard size (Fusion, Altima, or similar) with Enterprise for a week rental from 11/30 to 12/6 for $172 all in using the BJ's club link. It was the only weekly rental under $200 when taxes and fees were factored in. Dollar/Thrifty was $205 and National/Alamo $221 for the same rental.

For those that don't know, Enterprise shares the same ownership as National/Alamo and on our prior trips had much better selection than National/Alamo.
BigTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #402
mmouse50
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 968

delete

Last edited by mmouse50; 11-17-2012 at 05:49 AM.
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #403
mmouse50
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 968

WINGS91 -

I found a new coupon on Mousesavers (NU3637ZDJ) it is for 1 car upgrade - I used it with my KLM code and using the code I was able to get a midsize for 19.00 less than my current midsize KLM reservation. The only drawback is that I won't be able to use the Emerald Aisle but I don't need anything bigger than a midsize anyway so that won't be a problem.
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #404
Dan Murphy
We are family.
 
Dan Murphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Chicago area, IL
Posts: 78,519

Try NU1155SDA, a two class upgrade. A compact gives you a standard (full size at MCO).
__________________
Dan-'Let's Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand'--We are Family

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net







.
Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #405
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer
 
Southernswthrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Try NU1155SDA, a two class upgrade. A compact gives you a standard (full size at MCO).
Can anyone use this code? thx
Looks like it is an AMEX code...

Last edited by Southernswthrt; 11-17-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.