Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #3526
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Good morning guys . Happy Wednesday!

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 9/21/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #3527
10dedfish
XBOX: Mattisamus

Morning David and everyone soon to be up! Was late leaving for work, the door knob on the front door decided it was no longer a team player. After a quick disassembly and reassembly, it decided to cooperate. Have to pick a new one up on the way home today.

Matt

Matt DW DD (13) DD (7)

DISDAD Experiment #628
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #3528
BigTikiDaddy
DIS Dad #574
Ya hurt yer what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
At home they're loaded on two computers, sometimes 3 and an external hard drive.
Best to keep 'em safe, irreplacible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarager View Post
Wife just called. We have Mickey Mail! Now, here is a problem. This trip is a surprise for our girls and we will be at Disney Dec 15 to the 24th. They will not know about this trip until two days before we leave! We always cut our own tree the weekend after Thanksgiving but I sure don't want to blow $70 on a tree if were are not home to water it. Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Maybe get a smaller cheaper one for the few weeks you are there?
I'd say either a cheap tree, or a cheap artificial one. $70 seems rather steep though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Come on Carl, I stopped a full size pickup truck dead in it's tracks. You think a golf cart is going to stop me? Please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Just so no to artificial trees

Real trees are not allowed in our building....our artificial has lasted 15 years now...

Polynesian April '03 (our belated official Honeymoon) POP Century January '06 (DD's first trip and DW's BDay) POP Century February '08 POP Century October 2010 (DD2's First trip and 10th Anniversary) POP Century August 2011 (Just Because)
POP Century August 2013 (see a trend happening?)

Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #3529
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post
Morning David and everyone soon to be up! Was late leaving for work, the door knob on the front door decided it was no longer a team player. After a quick disassembly and reassembly, it decided to cooperate. Have to pick a new one up on the way home today.

Matt
Good luck! I hate when things happen first thing before I leave

DisDad Member #188

Old 11-14-2012, 06:35 AM   #3530
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Watching the news and find out the Marlins trade Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Jose Reyes, John Buck and Emilio Bonifacio to the Blue Jays. What did we get? Garbage. That is after the first fire sale over the summer.

IF (and that is a big if) they sign A Rod and expect me to come to the ballpark just to see him play, they are idiots. Done with Baseball.

Toronto, if you win the pennant next year, you can thank us. If history is any indication they will all be playing in next year's All Star Game. Ask Miguel Cabrera. This stinks.

Hey thanks for beefing up our Team CJ.

As for what did you get... if we only have garbage, what else can we offer? We gave you the best of the pile...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #3531
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Morning dads...

Happy Hump day.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 11-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #3532
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Hi Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Hey....what size external hard drive should I be on the look out for on Black Friday to dump pictures into. I am pretty green on this issue ( no pun intended)

I like this site for Black Friday Ads! It lets you search by item.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #3533
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10dedfish View Post

Matt
sign that is time to reset the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
I think it is too young. Instead of teaching them how to cheat how about teaching more fundamental defense. Us slow pokes had to be smart defenders cause we couldn't make up the ground if we got burned. That's what I always taught. Stay on your toes, keep between the ball and your goal, they want to get by you throw a shoulder. I also was very good at trapping to an open spot and getting rid of the ball fast.
Agreed. We did very well, only lost game 0-1 because of defense that we played. That was the difference in the players. I still have 4 months to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Need to keep the Canadian economy rolling by buying real trees. Or are we ruining the environment an killing the trees? I just can't keep up.
Can they start selling penguins?

Quote:
IF (and that is a big if) they sign A Rod and expect me to come to the ballpark just to see him play, they are idiots. Done with Baseball.
When CJ complains in posts like this, I hear him say "poor me. I live in a city with several pro sports teams, warm weather, ocean, and bikinis". Pardon me if I don't cry for you Argentina.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #3534
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
$70 We cuts ours and it will cost us $28.
Yeah, $70 seems awful steep to me too...

Quote:
Just so no to artificial trees

You know, I really do agree with you, but I think an artificial tree is best for their situation. A real tree can be a fire hazard, even if you're home to keep an eye on things and keep it watered. I, personally, wouldn't want to be away from home for a week and a half with one sitting in my living room, regardless the cost.

Quote:
Just saw this from the Disney Parks Blog. Thought it was interesting behind the scenes look.

"WaltDisneyWorld: How fast can you decorate a theme park for #DisneyHolidays? We did it in one night! Check out the video:" http://t.co/fYWllVMC
I saw the TV special a couple of years ago. It really is mindblowing seeing everything that goes into decorating for the holidays there. Makes me appreciate it all that much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
UK takes on Duke tonight. Everyone in KY is now watching this game.
I hate watching UK play Duke. One of them has to win, so I know before it even starts that I'll be disappointed at the end.

Quote:
Watching the news and find out the Marlins trade Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Jose Reyes, John Buck and Emilio Bonifacio to the Blue Jays. What did we get? Garbage. That is after the first fire sale over the summer.

Toronto, if you win the pennant next year, you can thank us. If history is any indication they will all be playing in next year's All Star Game. Ask Miguel Cabrera. This stinks.
CJ, I feel sorry for you. When I saw the moves they made this last offseason, I thought maybe the culture of the front office would change with the move into the new stadium. Giancarlos Stanton's tweet said it all though.

If I was a taxpayer down there, I'd be p!ssed that they did this after getting a brand new stadium. I hope they have one of the lowest attendance rankings of any MLB team next year.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #3535
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post

Hey thanks for beefing up our Team CJ.

As for what did you get... if we only have garbage, what else can we offer? We gave you the best of the pile...

I am surpised you didn't throw in the rights to John Olerud and Ed Sprague

DisDad Member #188

Old 11-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #3536
theduck619
DDC 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

When CJ complains in posts like this, I hear him say "poor me. I live in a city with several pro sports teams, warm weather, ocean, and bikinis". Pardon me if I don't cry for you Argentina.

Too bad UK lost...................not really

DisDad Member #188

Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #3537
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

‘morning all…

Walked into a buzz saw at work this week after being out a couple days. That’s the punishment I get for taking time off and it likely won’t be much better for a while. But it was still worth it to take the break.

We did a bit of traveling and spent some time in Indianapolis. Unfortunately I was a might busy and didn’t have any extra time to try and meet with any of other dads up that way. The rest of the trip however was a smashing success. A ton of work… but still a great success (which I may get around to talking about on the brag wall latter on).

So, our thoughts on Indi…

- Nice town. Y’all have a very interesting mix of the old and the new. The Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Monument and the Memorial park a few block up were particularly interesting.

- Roads are pretty easy to work with (more so then those around here)

- Lucas Stadium is one big-a** monster. There must be five miles of tunnels underneath the thing, and it’s easily one of the nicest fields we’ve encountered this season.

- Shapiro’s makes some mighty fine Pastrami, so y’all got that goin’ for you…
which is nice.

- and finally… you didn’t have to go and blow up a whole neighborhood just to get us to go back home, we were leaving in the morning anyway. (I’m sure Andy had something to do with that one). Seriously though… we were only a mile or two from where that occurred; frightening stuff. Our prayers go out to those that lost much to that unexpected disaster.

Well… I need to get back to work so I’ll try to check back in the near.
Prayers where needed, congrats all around and howdy to any new members.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #3538
moose615
DIS Veteran

Good Morning fellow dads, hope all is well, anything new going on? Thinking about putting DD in swimming lessons, she loves being in the water, at AK she kept on asking if we could go back to AoA and swim, and i hardly can get her out, she loves swimming more the AK!!!! I think there is a place that does lessons during fall and winter months.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #3539
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'd make fun of you, but the Red Sox aren't doing much better and it would come back to bite me in the @$$. Now that Toronto has improved, I guess that puts us behind them too in the east. At least we'll be able to beat the Marlins, maybe.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #3540
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Tomorrom I'll have to try and catch-up, off to bed. rough night, our shift leader called in sick, so I ended up having to run shift with 3 people....bleh. G'night.

On the plus, DW went tp the Disney store, got us a new tree-topper!
How 'bout a pic of the new hardware?

Last edited by mm1971; 11-14-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, beer, dole whips, don, meat

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: