Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Googilycub
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 134

Akershus lunch favorites?

I just made a ressie for lunch at Akershus. Has anybody eaten here recently? What entrees did you like/or not like. My hubby is a little scared of the menu offerings. Also did anybodys kids like the meatballs? I like my daughter to try different things, but im not so sure she will be willing to eat the meatballs. Thanks in advance!
Googilycub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 10,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googilycub View Post
I just made a ressie for lunch at Akershus. Has anybody eaten here recently? What entrees did you like/or not like. My hubby is a little scared of the menu offerings. Also did anybodys kids like the meatballs? I like my daughter to try different things, but im not so sure she will be willing to eat the meatballs. Thanks in advance!
I got the meatballs and did not like them at all. It wasn't about the flavor, it was that they were cold inside and the texture lead me to think they had been sitting out for awhile.

DH likes simple foods, so he ordered the chicken. To his "simple" pallet, the chicken was "bland", and my girls didn't even like their hot dogs (not sure how that's even possible )

Needless to say, we didn't really like the food there. The princess interaction was decent, but we prefer CRT. I'm glad we tried Akershus but we won't be returning.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD7) (DS Due 1/16/15!!)


PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
buddywesley
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Posts: 179

We have an ADR for lunch here in Dec so I'm curious of what others thought of the food choices here too
__________________


Disney Magic MR May 2005, Disney Magic Eastern Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western Dec 2007, Disney Magic Eastern June 2009, Disney Wonder Alaska June 28, 2011
buddywesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
EmmaMagsMom
Mouseketeer
 
EmmaMagsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Scituate,MA
Posts: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1

I got the meatballs and did not like them at all. It wasn't about the flavor, it was that they were cold inside and the texture lead me to think they had been sitting out for awhile.

DH likes simple foods, so he ordered the chicken. To his "simple" pallet, the chicken was "bland", and my girls didn't even like their hot dogs (not sure how that's even possible )

Needless to say, we didn't really like the food there. The princess interaction was decent, but we prefer CRT. I'm glad we tried Akershus but we won't be returning.
My girls hated the hot dogs too! So funny! We also won't be going back. We ate there last week and didn't care about the food at all. I thought it was better a couple of years ago
EmmaMagsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #5
buddywesley
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Posts: 179

So is there anything people can recommend for lunch here that was good?
__________________


Disney Magic MR May 2005, Disney Magic Eastern Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western Dec 2007, Disney Magic Eastern June 2009, Disney Wonder Alaska June 28, 2011
buddywesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #6
briarrose1
Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥
 
briarrose1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 70

Was there last a few years ago, and it was fine then and the times before. Maybe it's changed?

We were always pleased with the food and the small buffet offerings. Never a problem.
__________________
DH DW GusGus



I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse. ~ Walt Disney
briarrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #7
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 1,408

Had lunch there 10 days ago and we thought it was really good. The buffet had a nice selection of salads, shrimp, cheeses, sliced cold cuts and the main meal was good. I do like the Norwegian meatballs. Had them at F&W a couple of years ago and now make them at home. Admittedly, not Italian meatballs but almost like a swedish meatball. Also really liked the dessert platter that was part of the lunch.

We had heard mixed reviews about the restaurant and was surprised that it was pretty good. THe princess interaction was pretty good also.
__________________


MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
MrsJD
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
 
MrsJD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Northern WI
Posts: 480

Our group really enjoyed the appetizer buffet. We all have failry different tastes and we all enjoyed our meals. One got the meatballs, one got the sausage, I had the ravioli pasta and I think DD had pizza or mac-n-chs. But for me the highlight was teh buffet and the characters.
__________________
1996 ASSports
2008 Off Property
2009 Regal Sun @ DTD
2010 CBR
2011 POFQ
2012 Parkway International
MrsJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #9
buddywesley
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Posts: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLee
Had lunch there 10 days ago and we thought it was really good. The buffet had a nice selection of salads, shrimp, cheeses, sliced cold cuts and the main meal was good. I do like the Norwegian meatballs. Had them at F&W a couple of years ago and now make them at home. Admittedly, not Italian meatballs but almost like a swedish meatball. Also really liked the dessert platter that was part of the lunch.

We had heard mixed reviews about the restaurant and was surprised that it was pretty good. THe princess interaction was pretty good also.
This sounds more promising :-) thanks!
__________________


Disney Magic MR May 2005, Disney Magic Eastern Dec 2005, Disney Magic Western Dec 2007, Disney Magic Eastern June 2009, Disney Wonder Alaska June 28, 2011
buddywesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:24 AM   #10
maraki527
DIS Veteran
 
maraki527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OHIO
Posts: 1,398

I had the beef open faced sandwich with the cauliflower soup. The sandwich was good but the soup was really good! I would have rather had the soup with the buffet
__________________
maraki527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.