Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
On the Lake
Earning My Ears

Dolphin Discovery - Cozumel

Anyone do the Dolphin Discovery at Cozumel? What else did you do at the park?
On the Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

Is it at Chankanaub? If so they have snorkeling, sea lion show, restaurant with good food and service, a big beach, small area with walk in beach with fish in the water to see that is shallow. Also a walk path with many large iguanas. Love the place. They have a website.
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
sinnika
DIS Veteran

We have been to Chankanaab park twice and will probably go again over Christmas. The first time, our kids did the Royal Dolphin swim and then we snorkeled and enjoyed the beach. They also have a swimming pool. This last time,it was just my husband and I. We did the "swim with the Manatees" for $59 each. This was an amazing time as we spent the full 30 min interacting and feeding them (there were 3 manatees for our group of 8 people). Afterwards, we had lunch at the sit down restaurant near the snorkeling area. We also saw a cute sea lion show, then toured the replicas of the Mayan ruins. We finished up with snorkeling. We had brought our own gear and the vests were free to rent. You just needed to leave an ID. The $59 price includes use of all the amenities in the park including free lockers and showers by the Dolphin discovery area. Food is extra and they do rent snorkeling gear there (did not inquire about cost). The snorkeling is right from the beach. There are stairs going right into the water because there are reefs right along side the shore. i would not recommend trying to snorkel here with young children as it was rough but you will see a ton of fish. Wait to snorkel in the afternoon as the morning was filled with snorkeling excursion groups from the ships. There is also a small lagoon on the beach where I did see families with young children wading. (3 other ships were in Cozumel the last time we were there including the massive Oasis of the Seas). Taxi fare is $10 each way per cab.
sinnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
On the Lake
Earning My Ears

Anyone else??
On the Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
splashmommy
SplashMommy

We were there two weeks ago and it was great. Diego took us from the ship to the park. We swam with the dolphins which was amazing. The pool was large and relaxing. The sea lion show was fun. Never saw the snorkeling area. Bathrooms very clean. Overall impression was fantastic. We will definitely go back. Next time we would like to swim with the manatees and snorkel. Save some time to shop at port.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: