Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

Garden View Tea

Has anyone heard that the tea room is being refurbished? I am trying to make reservations for tea during our trip in April-May and it says it is booked every day. I don't think that is the case so I was wondering if it is being closed temporarily. I know they have been doing a lot of work at GF so just wondering.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

1) Hadn't heard of a rehab.
2) But, the Tea is frequently booked solid.
3) However, there are frequent no-shows.
. . . people forget
. . . people would rather just stay in the park
4) So, I would still try a walk-up.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you have been attempting to get the reservation online, try calling. Lately some kind of glitch has prevented availability for the tea from showing up online.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
bbluvsdis
luv all things Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If you have been attempting to get the reservation online, try calling. Lately some kind of glitch has prevented availability for the tea from showing up online.
Thanks! I will try calling. I often book this and it usually does not fill up that quickly.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Lu Ann
Afternoon Tea Hostess

We have tried to book several times in the past and were told there was no availability. Several of those times, we tried to do a walk-up to no avail. The last time we tried it, there were about 3 tables in the place being used. It was right when it opened. We asked if they could seat us and were told, no, they were booked. Really? Where were they? No one was waiting in the lobby. We shopped around, went outside, came back in about an hour, still hardly anyone in the tea room, but they were "booked." Didn't get that, but something must have been going on we that we didn't understand. All we knew was we didn't get to have tea that day. I always make sure to book Afternoon Tea as early as I possibly can, because it is "booked" so often!

Husband's first trip to WDW was to the Preview Center, prior to the park opening in 1971
We are both 5th-Generation Native Floridians!

Engaged at WDW 1984
Honeymooned at WDW 1985

Last WDW Trip: September 30, 2012
Next WDW Trip: December 9-14, 2012
Lu Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Ann View Post
We have tried to book several times in the past and were told there was no availability. Several of those times, we tried to do a walk-up to no avail. The last time we tried it, there were about 3 tables in the place being used. It was right when it opened. We asked if they could seat us and were told, no, they were booked. Really? Where were they? No one was waiting in the lobby. We shopped around, went outside, came back in about an hour, still hardly anyone in the tea room, but they were "booked." Didn't get that, but something must have been going on we that we didn't understand. All we knew was we didn't get to have tea that day. I always make sure to book Afternoon Tea as early as I possibly can, because it is "booked" so often!
They probably were fully booked even if there were empty tables. Sometimes the number of ADRs are reduced to account for a lack of servers.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 AM   #7
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbluvsdis
Has anyone heard that the tea room is being refurbished? I am trying to make reservations for tea during our trip in April-May and it says it is booked every day. I don't think that is the case so I was wondering if it is being closed temporarily. I know they have been doing a lot of work at GF so just wondering.
I would call. I've had issues booking this on line before.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #8
livie1205
DIS Veteran

Do you have the meal plan? I have noticed that IF you have the meal plan and try to book the tea room it will show booked up, the CM has to go in a push a button taking it off and then it will show times aval. this has happened to me many times and when I ask them to make sure its not showing the DDP then i always get a ADR. We go to the tea room EVERY TRIP! Its just amazing, even if we didnt have a ADR I would go when they open and try to get in. Good luck!
livie1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

As mentioned by pp, it is most likely due to the on-line reservation glitch. I wasn't able to find any availability for my December trip 5 months out. I have done the Tea annually for the last 4 years and never had any trouble getting a reservation. I finally called the Dining number and the CM didn't see availability, BUT she was seeing something that indicated there was a glitch even on her side. She gave me an alternative dining number and I was able to book it.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: