Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #2071
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

My full review

disneydreamfan14's review of Art of Animation!

So I just returned from our stay at AoA from November 9th to 12th. First things first, this resort is AMAZING. The layout, themes, statues, gift shop, everything is superb. Now more in-depth.

Resort Grounds: A+
The resort is so neat and clean! No grass clippings on sidewalks, no hanging branches, everything very tidy. I was very happy with the resort grounds and how well they are kept.

Check in/Bag Check: B-
Although in such a beautiful lobby, the check in took a long time for us. The CM checking us in kept walking back and forth into closets, asking other CMs, etc. it took longer than it should have. We checked our bags with the resort since our flight was late at night and we were going to the parks after we checked out. Everything ran smoothly here!

Lobby/Gift Shop: A+
the lobby is so beautiful with all the lights and original sketches! The gift shop blew me away, however. It was beautiful, always kept fully stocked, with all CMs ready and willing to help.

Arcade: A-
We never went into the arcade, but from what I saw outside it looked fun. All your basic arcade games it seemed.

Bus Transportation to the Parks: A
Bus transportation was great as usual. Never waited more than 20 minutes (this was because we didn't make it on the first bus to come). Hollywood Studios always seemed to have long bus lines, but the others were not too long.

Bus Transportation to the Airport: B
We were scheduled to get on DME at 4:45 PM, however the bus didn't come until 5, which made for some unhappy campers who had to stand for a while (we had a party if 17, we got to the bus at 4:35). The bus to the airport was freezing, it must have been 58 degrees and everyone was uncomfortable. However our service from the ilairport to AoA upon arrival was fine.

Rooms: A
We stayed in Lion King building 10. It was great! A 1.5 minute walk to Landscapes of Flavor, 3 minute walk to the bus. Great location with a room view of the courtyard with the characters. The rooms were themes very well, with fun light fixtures and wall decorations. Perfect amount of space for a family of 5 or 6. Very happyoverall, I

Landscapes of Flavor: B+
The cafeteria was great overall. Everything kept clean and stocked. The lines to get your actual food and to check out could get long, but not too bad. Food was great too!

Overall, I give this resort a well-deserved A rating. Fantastic and my new favorite on property. We are definitely staying here next time.

A couple notes:
1) There was a free dining info/offer in our room. However, this may change, just look around and it might be there.
2) Although we weren't supposed to, we went into some of the Quick Service restaurants and filled up our Refillable Mugs. No one stopped or questioned us, so if your craving a drink, done be afraid to walk into a restaurant with a drink refill counter and grab something.
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 11-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #2072
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamfan14

So I just returned from our stay at AoA from November 9th to 12th. First things first, this resort is AMAZING. The layout, themes, statues, gift shop, everything is superb. Now more in-depth.

The resort is so neat and clean! No grass clippings on sidewalks, no hanging branches, everything very tidy. I was very happy with the resort grounds and how well they are kept.

Although in such a beautiful lobby, the check in took a long time for us. The CM checking us in kept walking back and forth into closets, asking other CMs, etc. it took longer than it should have. We checked our bags with the resort since our flight was late at night and we were going to the parks after we checked out. Everything ran smoothly here!

the lobby is so beautiful with all the lights and original sketches! The gift shop blew me away, however. It was beautiful, always kept fully stocked, with all CMs ready and willing to help.

We never went into the arcade, but from what I saw outside it looked fun. All your basic arcade games it seemed.

Bus transportation was great as usual. Never waited more than 20 minutes (this was because we didn't make it on the first bus to come). Hollywood Studios always seemed to have long bus lines, but the others were not too long.

We were scheduled to get on DME at 4:45 PM, however the bus didn't come until 5, which made for some unhappy campers who had to stand for a while (we had a party if 17, we got to the bus at 4:35). The bus to the airport was freezing, it must have been 58 degrees and everyone was uncomfortable. However our service from the ilairport to AoA upon arrival was fine.

We stayed in Lion King building 10. It was great! A 1.5 minute walk to Landscapes of Flavor, 3 minute walk to the bus. Great location with a room view of the courtyard with the characters. The rooms were themes very well, with fun light fixtures and wall decorations. Perfect amount of space for a family of 5 or 6. Very happyoverall, I

The cafeteria was great overall. Everything kept clean and stocked. The lines to get your actual food and to check out could get long, but not too bad. Food was great too!

Overall, I give this resort a well-deserved A rating. Fantastic and my new favorite on property. We are definitely staying here next time.

A couple notes:
1) There was a free dining info/offer in our room. However, this may change, just look around and it might be there.
2) Although we weren't supposed to, we went into some of the Quick Service restaurants and filled up our Refillable Mugs. No one stopped or questioned us, so if your craving a drink, done be afraid to walk into a restaurant with a drink refill counter and grab something.
What did you think of the decor/atmosphere of the LK suites? The pictures and videos online look like the suite decor is kind of "busy.". Did you think so?
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #2073
knottmel1
Mouseketeer

Talking We leave in....

We leave Dallas in 48 hours and 35 minutes! WOOHOO!!!

Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #2074
dnsmills
Disney Obsessed

I'm in Dallas too! Well, Coppell actually. We leave for AOA in 18 days.
Art of Animation - Dec 2012
Disneyland - October 2014
Art of Animation - Dec 2015

Old 11-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #2075
slabau
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottmel1
We leave Dallas in 48 hours and 35 minutes! WOOHOO!!!

Have fun! Jealous i am in deed.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #2076
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookmey View Post
What did you think of the decor/atmosphere of the LK suites? The pictures and videos online look like the suite decor is kind of "busy.". Did you think so?
I'm not OP, but the decor was fine. The issues we had - the carpet is busy enough that if you had small childs shoes or toys on the floor and you didn't know it was there the adults had too many tripping experiences. And the leaf chairs are 'pointy' on the top - if you tend to laugh and throw your head back like my roomate did... LOL
Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #2077
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

When driving into Art of Animation Resort do not wave your card where it says to touch your card. It won't work. Instead touch your card to the keys of the keypad and the gate shall open right up.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #2078
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsmills View Post
I'm in Dallas too! Well, Coppell actually. We leave for AOA in 18 days.
We are in Denton so close to you and leave for AOA in 14 days!
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 Art Of Animation-Nemo Suite
Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #2079
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookmey View Post
At first from what I read in this thread, I thought it would be very busy. However, I was pleasantly surprised. Its not overthemed. The countertops have a leaf design which looks much better in person. I also like inside the showers, the tiles are placed to make a sunset, its very Lion King-esque. I wound up liking it much more than I thought I would. Not too busy at all.
Disney Cruise Line
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 11-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #2080
PRINCESS VIJA
BL6 Blue Team Captain
WISH Biggest Loser/BL I
Viva Latvia!
Future teacher, destined to touch young hearts and minds
Aced her PPSTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Princess Vija, in the LM section, the three buildings are #7 (Ursula), #8 (Ariel)
and #9 (King Triton).
They form a U-Shape, with the middle courtyard being the pool/LM grounds.
Building #8 (Ariel) is at the back of the U with #7 and #9 being on the sides.

Building #8 (Ariel)'s front faces the pool and LM courtyard, the back faces parking lots and grounds of AoA and Pop Century.
It is the farthest building in the LM section to walk to (and all of AoA for that matter) from the central areas (Animation Hall, main pool, bus stop).
Really though, only by 2 minutes or so.

Building #7 (Ursula)'s front faces the pool and LM courtyard, the back faces Hourglass Lake/Pop Century.

Building #9 (King Triton)'s front faces the pool and LM courtyard, the back faces the AoA parking lot.

Building #7 and #9 should be the same walking distance from Animation Hall.

Building #9 gives you a slight walking advantage if you are driving/parking in the lot or using the buses, you can cut along the sidewalk instead of walking through the courtyard.

I hope that makes sense and helps out a little....hopefully you can find a map on here somewhere?
A good location really depends on where you want to be located...close, parking, view, access to pool, etc.

Enjoy planning your trip!

Thanks so much for the detailed information! It really helps!
Oct. '07 DD woke up Tinkerbelle
Oct. '07 Won Dream Fastpasses
Oct. '08 First Family at Epcot Character Meet and Greet
Oct. '08 Magical Family ~ Opened MK
Aug. '09 Magical Family ~ Opened Disneyland Park
Old 11-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #2081
KMcCP
DIS Veteran

Hello all again - a little over two weeks for us now!

Anyways... do the tvs in the LM rooms have DVD players?
Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #2082
Lisamarie4400
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamfan14

A couple notes:
When was the free dining offer for? Was it a bounce back?
October 2013 One Day for Halloween Party
January 2014 3 Days on Disney Magic Cruise Ship

December 2014 5 days on Disney Wonder
Old 11-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #2083
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcCP
Hello all again - a little over two weeks for us now!

Anyways... do the tvs in the LM rooms have DVD players?
As far as I know, none of the TVs at AoA have DVD players.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #2084
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie4400 View Post
When was the free dining offer for? Was it a bounce back?
It wasn't a bounce back, but it had free dining packages for either AoA suites or other WDW resorts.
Disney Cruise Line
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #2085
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Just put in our room request for Cars building 1 (Tow Mater) and a pool or courtyard view! 21 Days!!!!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: