Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #91
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We actually did this for our Feb. 2011 trip (we suprised them Christmas 2010). We got them the little t-shirts that say "I'm going to the Walt Disney World resort". We held those for last. We actually videotaped it which was great because our oldest DD was really starting to read well at that point and we had her read the shirt, which she did...no reaction...then I said "what does it say???" she said "I'm going to WDW...", and I said..."and that shirt is for you???"....she said "yes", and I said..."so what does that mean???"...meanwhile, little DD is just looking at the shirt clueless when all of a sudden our oldest put 2+2 together and starts screaming and jumping up and down shouting, "We're going to Disney!!!"

I love watching that video!
What a great memory to have! I would do t-shirts but I am on strict orders that I am to never require matching or cutesy shirts again. Boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Just stopping in to say hi. At the library using their Internet. No longer at the hotel because We got power back yesterday afternoon!!!

Verizon is due to come tomorrow, so we should get our Internet, phones and TV back up and running. Then we just have a huge mess to clean up outside...but who cares, we have power after 15 days!!!!

Janet

pas, safe trip. I texted this morning wishing you an amazing, fantastic PPP (pas princess party)

Hi to everyone else. I will be back once we get Internet!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Thanks for passing along the Pas message, Janet. I know they're going to have such a fabulous time.

Sarah: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Oh, that is such great news!

I_Heart: Stop reading those T&Cs, you just can't change now. Stuck, stuck I say.

Hmmm. Surprises! I'm not really good at them either. at feeling Pinterest guilt.

Let's see... what about a present for each of them that they each open last:
  • DS9 has a non-Disney-fied (so they can't suss it out) card inside the box which says: "What about"
  • DS7 has one which says: "we celebrate"
  • DS6 has "New Year's"
  • and have them all help the lil' one open the last huge box which contains Mickey balloons and a card which says: "At Disney World!"

That's the best I can come up with.
Love the multiple box idea!

I'm feeling pretty good about being stuck , but then I did just get an email from BWI IPO. Whoops. Haven't actually canceled that one yet. Hold time was too long when I first tried and now I'm waiting to get my Disney confirmation from hotels.com before I commit to canceling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You did the right thing by posting about Anna, Janet. So true that we never really know with some folks what's going on inside when pain/sadness can be veiled with a smile or laugh.

Pioneer Girl Sarah will soon have her 'bundle' back and will be able to surf, chat and flip! But, most importantly, she will be warm and have food and a nice, hot bath!

Is Gwynne at WDW now?

Who will be making some changes tomorrow? pas130 perhaps?

Jeanette is now at the gate with the girls:

Great pic. Thanks for sharing!

ps. Does anybody else ever have to go back and do over the limit smiley delete on a multi-quote. What a pain!!!
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #92
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Janet- so sorry to hear about ds's friend ...it is difficult being a teen/young adult sometimes these days.

Sarah- so happy to hear your power is back I hear there are still a few people out around our area.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #93
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

Linked over here from the older thread by mousemommy1 (thanks ).

I was driving myself crazy trying to pick where I wanted to stay for my next trip! I swear I should've just gotten a dart board and put the resorts on it. Whatever I hit first was where I was staying! Glad to know I'm not the only indecisive person (I love dancing bananas)
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #94
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

I am HERE!!!

Things have been crazy here on the east coast. As most of you know, I am from the Jersey shore. We now live in northern VA but my entire family is on the Jersey shore....the REAL Jersey shore. Things have been crazy..... to say the least.

On a nicer note.....we are planning a December trip. Yes, we are the dreaded "Pop Warner" folks. My son's team will be playing in the regional championships this week-end. We are slated to win. If we/when we do, we will be in Orlando (Disney) for Pop warner week. I have never been during the winter (Alway, Always Augist/Sept/October. ) I have already booked a candlelight processional dinner just in case we win. Trying to get my classroom in order so that I will have a peaceful winter Disney vacation. I am OOOBER excited....

Thank you Janet for sending me the link. Can't neglect my RC Homeys.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 11-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #95
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
I am HERE!!!

Things have been crazy here on the east coast. As most of you know, I am from the Jersey shore. We now live in northern VA but my entire family is on the Jersey shore....the REAL Jersey shore. Things have been crazy..... to say the least.

On a nicer note.....we are planning a December trip. Yes, we are the dreaded "Pop Warner" folks. My son's team will be playing in the regional championships this week-end. We are slated to win. If we/when we do, we will be in Orlando (Disney) for Pop warner week. I have never been during the winter (Alway, Always Augist/Sept/October. ) I have already booked a candlelight processional dinner just in case we win. Trying to get my classroom in order so that I will have a peaceful winter Disney vacation. I am OOOBER excited....

Hi Step! Didn't realize you were a teacher! Hope your family is all coping ok after the storm.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #96
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Janet: So sorry to hear about your DS's friend, Anna. I will keep her, her family and yours in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hi hi, Amanda. Very exciting about the additional trip... let us know what you go with.
I really hope the extra trip is going to work out! I wanted to talk to my DH about it tonight. But, seeing as he is asleep right now on the couch next to me, I don't think it will happen. Oh well....more time to throw together a complete trip presentation with budget for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
I am HERE!!!

Oh goodness....I truly hope all of your family doing ok.

I think that's great that your son's team will get to go to Pop Warner week. We've been during that week before (not for Pop Warner) and I didn't think the crowds at the parks were bad at all. It'll be so fun for you to get to see Christmas decorations at Disney!!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #97
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney
I am HERE!!!

Hope all is well with your family. You behave yourself during pop Warner week; you don't want to become the subject of a thread
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #98
pas130
DIS Veteran

Had to say hi and hugs from the Rpr!!!!

Sarah..I think you have my old cell? I didn't get a text..Janet can give you my new cell!!! Yay for power!!! There's two computers in the lounge.maybe ill get dis in...

Janet...my dear bff. Annas family is in my prayers as is yours..always!!

So glad step popped in..woohoo pop warner.all good. Xmas festivities..yay ..

Kook thanks for posting the pic. As soon as we were done they boarded the plane and left early!! Yay!!

And huge hugs and loves for all the sendoffs.

Oh and miss..that's my migraines too..hope they aren't rc related...

Hmmmm..miss you all!!

Is Sheila excited yet??
Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #99
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

step So nice to see you! Hope your family is well.

Sarah I am SO happy to hear you FINALLY got your power back! About darn time! Would you be up for a NYC RC meet sometime next month?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #100
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Just stopping in to say hi. At the library using their Internet. No longer at the hotel because We got power back yesterday afternoon!!!

Verizon is due to come tomorrow, so we should get our Internet, phones and TV back up and running. Then we just have a huge mess to clean up outside...but who cares, we have power after 15 days!!!!

Janet

pas, safe trip. I texted this morning wishing you an amazing, fantastic PPP (pas princess party)

Hi to everyone else. I will be back once we get Internet!
Good! We got ours back Sunday morning after much commotion. LIPA should be dismanted. I took out my frustration on daily facebook rants.

It got so cold in the house. I can't imagine the homes with children, felt so bad for them. Generator is on our list for Christmas

Last edited by MUFFYCAT; 11-14-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #101
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Had to say hi and hugs from the Rpr!!!!

Sarah..I think you have my old cell? I didn't get a text..Janet can give you my new cell!!! Yay for power!!! There's two computers in the lounge.maybe ill get dis in...

Janet...my dear bff. Annas family is in my prayers as is yours..always!!

So glad step popped in..woohoo pop warner.all good. Xmas festivities..yay ..

Kook thanks for posting the pic. As soon as we were done they boarded the plane and left early!! Yay!!

And huge hugs and loves for all the sendoffs.

Oh and miss..that's my migraines too..hope they aren't rc related...

Hmmmm..miss you all!!

Is Sheila excited yet??
Jeanette Love the pic of your girls at the gate

I go back and forth between being excited and not so much. I can not get my butt in gear to do all I have to do before we leave.

Have a great time!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #102
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

At the library, my morning stop to check my mail and the DIS. Verizon is supposed to be coming this morning, however when I left the house at 11:30 no sign of them. Oh we'll, baby steps hopefully this afternoon.

Jeanette and the 3 princesses what a cute picture at the airport! You four must be so excited to have woken up at RPR. What kind of mischief are you up to today? I suspect I have an old cell number, I will get your new one from Janet!

Now then I am Missing dates for RC upcoming trips. Miss? Step? Everyone who wants to be on the list me know and I will add you in.

I heart, I like Miss's suggestion, so cute! I can't believe they don't know, what a fun surprise it will be!

Jenny, sorry about the man cold. Can you just send him to the man cave to recover?

Shelia, you must be getting excited, not long now!!!

Got a lot of emails to catch up on. Hopefully Verizon will show and I will have Internet and TV (oh my goodness, I am missing my shows )

Hope everyone is well.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:36 AM   #103
pas130
DIS Veteran

Back to the snack room

So Far..2 rides each of

Despicable Me

Simpsons

Shrek

Woody Woodpecker Coaster

The s feet hurt, and we are now having fruit, trail mix, and chips in the snack room. We have the place to ourselves..HRH is on the other computer..Bree & Kate are coloring...

Next IoA..

Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #104
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

I just had to quickly stop in and say a big HELLO to PAS and the girls in Uni yeah for IOA -- one of my favourite parks!!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

Janet: my heart and prayers are with you, may Anna's life be remembered for the joy she brought to all who knew and loved her.

Sheila: I hope your trip is amazing! I can understand the alternation between excitement and indifference....that's what happened with me on my last trip, but I am putting faith in the fact that I still have Disney Love and my next trip will be better!

Good news -- I booked my cousin from England for May 19 to 30 at Animal Kingdom Lodge, savanah view bunk beds with the deluxe dining plan!!! His boys are 16, 9 and 7
Now all I have to do is help him plan park days and dining with that deluxe plan!!! how fun!! I'm a tad jealous, LOL

TTY'all later

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 11-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #105
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in quickly to say hi! My world is spinning right now....meetings with DS' school and autism resource department, and if that wasn't enough, DH's "partner" which I say very loosely right now, sold the company over the weekend. We are not quite sure what that means for DH but he was already asked about relocating???? He said no, but for the right price I would consider it. Hopefully we will know more in the coming weeks.

Jeanette - enjoy US and IoA!!!!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: