Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
2Princess&aPrince
no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing...the dreams that you wish will come true!

St. Thomas/St. John and San Juan

We are cruising in February on the Fantasy and haven't done the eastern route yet. Family of five....kids are 14, 10, and 7. Are there any "must do" or "must see" things in San Juan?
Also, if there is anything fabulous in St. Thomas/St. John to do, please share as well. Thanks!

Disney Magic - November 15-22, 2008
Disney Magic - October 30-Nov. 6, 2010
Disney Fantasy - February 9-16, 2013
Disney Wonder - February 2-7, 2014
2Princess&aPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

On a previous cruise we walked off ship up the hill and got on the public trolley to El Morro fortress. It is very interesting with a great view. My group of young 20's had a great time on the huge lawn taking pictures jumping in the air and had the ocean in the background. On the way back to the ship we stopped and ate local food and went shopping. There is also the Bacardi rum factory I went to long ago.
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Princess&aPrince
We are cruising in February on the Fantasy and haven't done the eastern route yet. Family of five....kids are 14, 10, and 7. Are there any "must do" or "must see" things in San Juan?
Also, if there is anything fabulous in St. Thomas/St. John to do, please share as well. Thanks!
The first cruise docking in SJ just returned to port, so hopefully there may be some more feedback on must do's fairly soon!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

St. Thomas;
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3016896

Last edited by Bear3412; 11-10-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
scootch
DIS Veteran

We did the full day sail/snorkle to buck island and Honeymoon Beach. It was an absolute great excursion, a highlight of our trip!!! For San Juan, we had a taxi take us to the fort.. he picked us up in 40 min and took us to a beach(our request) and then picked us up again at our designated time. He initially took us to a small beach(thinking we were looking for a family friendly beach) and while it was not crowded, it was a lagoon without much waves... and had sand fleas.. so we called him back and had him drop us off by the Marriott Stellaris. Beach chair rental was $3, waves were great... soft sand... got a taste of real PR beaches with it... charged us $20 per person in a nice van.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootch
We did the full day sail/snorkle to buck island and Honeymoon Beach. It was an absolute great excursion, a highlight of our trip!!! For San Juan, we had a taxi take us to the fort.. he picked us up in 40 min and took us to a beach(our request) and then picked us up again at our designated time. He initially took us to a small beach(thinking we were looking for a family friendly beach) and while it was not crowded, it was a lagoon without much waves... and had sand fleas.. so we called him back and had him drop us off by the Marriott Stellaris. Beach chair rental was $3, waves were great... soft sand... got a taste of real PR beaches with it... charged us $20 per person in a nice van.
That all sounds great! Thanks for sharing. I always heard there wasn't a good beach in San Juan. We are going on the NYE cruise and didn't think our younger ones would enjoy being at the fortress long. Maybe that beach would be an option.
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
scootch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg4crzn View Post
That all sounds great! Thanks for sharing. I always heard there wasn't a good beach in San Juan. We are going on the NYE cruise and didn't think our younger ones would enjoy being at the fortress long. Maybe that beach would be an option.
The waves at the Marriott Stellaris were a bit harsh... just to the left(if you are facing the ocean) they were a smidge milder. You can also rent day passes the day of at the Marriott Stellaris. PM me you email address and I can forward you the info. The pool has a medium sized slide.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
Moxin
Mouseketeer

in St Thomas, I highly recommend the Doubloon sail/snorkel. It's pretty cheap, but LOADS of fun. Pirate themed sailboats that go out to turtle island for snorkeling...never heard anyone complain about it, and I've been several times, and always had fun. Free rum on the way back for adults too!
Moxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Check out these threads.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015764

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3018559

A lot of useful information. I lived in Puerto Rico and my husband is from PR, so if you have any questions that have not been answered, feel free to ask. We just got off the inaugural voyage to San Juan and we shall be creating a full report very soon. Have not had a chance, already bombarded with a lot of work, but I was able to post the navigators for the week. I hope this helps

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
DisneyDream2B
Mouseketeer

Which dock?

Hi,
Just wondering which dock the Fantasy docked at in Old San Juan?
Thanks
DisneyDream2B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: