Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #181
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Best of luck on your test!!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #182
alohabob
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Hey gang!

Please understand I haven't forgotten you. I have had a major turn of events at work and I have a big test tomorrow that if I pass it I will get a new job closer to home with much more opportunity (oh, and I'll be making more money too!) So this week I haven't really been able to concentrate on much else other than practicing and getting my head in the game. This is pretty much how I feel:

So I totally apologize but once I get past this huge hurdle I'll be able to relax and get back to the TR. You wouldn't believe it, it has been like a roller coaster, things are changing constantly (yes, everyone will go, no only 11 will go, ok everyone will go, no, now only 7 will go, no wait now it's 8...aargh!)

Thanks for hanging tight!
Don't worry about us, we can wait great TR so far looking forward to seeing the ship!
Good luck with the test and future opportunity with making more $$ more $$ more trips lol......GOOD LUCK!!
Oct: 2004 Disneyland Hotel & Grand Californian
Dec: 2004 Wilderness Lodge May: 2005 Disneyland Off-Site Oct: 2005 Port Orleans French Quarter & Poly
Sept: 2006 Disneyland Off-Site Dec: 2007 Disney Cruise & PORS Resort Oct: 2008 Disney Cruise sandwich Beach Club & Contemporary 2010 Coronado Springs 2011 Disney Dream Cruise sandwich PORS & Poly 2011:Alaska Disney Cruise Aug. 2012: Disney Magic & Boardwalk April 2012: Disney Fantasy Cruise sandwich Beach Club & AKLV Sept.Disney Dream Xmas Cruise & AKLV Dec.2013
Sept.2014 Disney Fantasy Cruise sandwich AKLV & BLT.
alohabob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #183
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Good luck to you!
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #184
mvlimmex
DIS Veteran

GOOD LUCK!!!
~Adriane

Its kinda fun to do the impossible!
~Walt Disney

Me DH DD(16) DS(12) DD(10) DS(7) DS (4) and DS (2)
mvlimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #185
Misskitty3
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report!! Especially the beach and pool pictures on this grey Seattle Sunday!! That resort looks pretty fun!
Disneyland: Nov '14-Hojo's... June '13-Hojo's.....May '12-BWPPI...May ’09-Hojo’s…Oct ‘07–Grand Californian…Nov ‘06–Paradise Pier...June ’04–Disneyland Hotel...June ‘96-Anaheim Hilton…July ‘95-Carousel Inn…Aug ’92–Carousel Inn…July ’90-Embassy Suites…July ’89-Anaheim Hilton…May ’88-Penny Sleeper…May ’87-Penny Sleeper…April ’77 (?)…June ’76 - Disneyland Hotel….June ‘73 First trip ever to Disneyland!!!

WDW: July ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center.…April ’94 - Marriott Orlando World Center….July ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center….April ’86 - Marriott Orlando World Center
Misskitty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #186
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey gang!

Please understand I haven't forgotten you. I have had a major turn of events at work and I have a big test tomorrow that if I pass it I will get a new job closer to home with much more opportunity (oh, and I'll be making more money too!) So this week I haven't really been able to concentrate on much else other than practicing and getting my head in the game. This is pretty much how I feel:

So I totally apologize but once I get past this huge hurdle I'll be able to relax and get back to the TR. You wouldn't believe it, it has been like a roller coaster, things are changing constantly (yes, everyone will go, no only 11 will go, ok everyone will go, no, now only 7 will go, no wait now it's 8...aargh!)

Thanks for hanging tight!
Can't wait to hear how things work out for you at work, Jen!

I was afraid I would get back here and be SOOO far behind, but I was happy to see that you have been busy as well, so you still haven't made it to the ship yet. YEAH! I am LOVING this resort and the wheels are turning in my mind....we may end up doing just a 4 day for our next cruise, and if so....we could fly down on Friday night, drive to Ron Juan, and spend the day there on Saturday before the Sunday departure..... not sure when (or if) this plan will ever come to fruition, but that resort is really beautiful!

Thanks for sharing all these great photos, and like I said, you are making me look like I don't take ANY pictures in comparison.

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #187
lucas
°o°

Fingers crossed that everything is working out for ya.

P.S. Hope you get back to your report before my Thanksgiving cruise sails Saturday 11/17/12.
Just sayin'.

Last edited by lucas; 11-12-2012 at 09:51 PM.
lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #188
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Just like the song says: "I'll say a little prayer for you".

Joanie
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #189
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Just subscribed to your TR and so excited to read more! Good luck with your test!

Halloween Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #190
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

You can get in, but you can’t get out! (Part 4: The Playground)

Where we last left off, we had just taken a tour of the awesome pool area at Ron Jon Cape Caribe:

Once we got our seats, Sarah wanted to go play in the little playground she saw on our way out to the pool. Since you have to be totally dry to play in the playground, we decided to go do this before getting in the pool.

Alright already! Let’s go, mom!

I grabbed my small camera and we headed inside. I didn’t even take my shoes as the outdoor playground connected with the pool area. Or so I thought…..

OK, “little” playground isn’t really accurate. The outside yard area is little, but inside there is a HUGE indoor play structure with slide, tubes, tunnels, etc. It is like Chuck E Cheese on steroids!

This thing is HUGE!

Looking out towards the outdoors area of the playground:

There are arts and crafts areas here too, adjacent to and connected to the indoor playground!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #191
nenner1

You can get in, but you can’t get out! (Part 5: The Trap)

There are restrooms located right here in the playground/arts & crafts area too!

I was surprised to discover that Ron Jon offers Child Care! You have to make reservations 24 hours in advance. I’m sorry I don’t have any information about the cost of the childcare. We saw one girl that appeared to be being watched, so definitely not a large group. Although I suspect it is more popular in the evening hours. Here is the entrance to the Child Care facilities.

And the child care room also connects to the playground/arts & crafts area:

A kids’ play/video room:

Sarah had a whole lot of fun here!

After Sarah had her fill inside, we went to the outdoor playground. It is a small yard with a few toys/play equipment. Shoes are kind of needed out here. The mulch was hot and hard on the feet.

The playground was fenced with a continuation of the iron pool fencing. There is a manual gate with a door handle. (I promise all of this fence talk is going somewhere).

Before too long we decided it was crazy hot and we wanted to go back to the pool. So we headed through the gate and towards the pool and were confronted with another gate. No handle- only a card swipe mechanism. Hmmm. I had left my room card in my bag back at our table by the pool.

I thought to myself “Gee, I didn’t have to use my card to get out here earlier…?!!?” not really thinking that we came in behind a family that held the gate open for us. Oops.

We headed in and out several doors only to be confronted with several different locked gates. At one point some hotel staff came through one of the gates and held it open for us and I thought we were inside the pool area. Nope, we were only inside the pool bar area. That is gated too with the obnoxious key card swipers. Give me a break. You have to swipe your card to go the BAR?!?!? UGH!

After checking every gate in the bar area I finally asked the bartender how to get back into the pool area or inside even. She said you can walk through the restaurant to get inside (right past the sign that said no swimwear and footwear required in the restaurant). Here we both are in our bathing suits and shoeless. So we followed her instructions and went through the Ron Jon Surf Grill Restaurant (empty thank goodness!), back around to the lobby and finally back out near the pool area.

It is still gated there though so we had to wait until somebody came through to open the gates for us. Luckily we didn’t have to wait long before Ron and the kids came by wondering where we had been. The moral of the story is: take your key card WHEREVER you go in this resort!

Up next: A Float-By!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 11-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #192
nenner1

Thanks so much everyone for your patience! The last couple of weeks have been a real roller coaster! I am happy to report that I did indeed pass my test. I was supposed to move to my new job this Saturday 11/17 but it looks like that has been put on hold until after the first of the year. It changes from day to day and minute to minute though. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel, and for that I am delighted!

Now, let's get back to the business of this TR, shall we? Here are some replies to some of the older posts, I will be back with more replies, and yes...more fun from Ron Jon resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Really want to thank you for posting so much detail on the Ron Jon resort. I had a heck of a time researching this place last year and didn't want to chance it. I am very interested in the ocean front units and they're proximity to Jetty Park.

Are all the units the same decor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
Jetty Park's beach is adjacent to Ron Jon Resort's beach. It would take about 8-10 minutes to walk from the oceanside building and into the park area. I believe the decor is the same in all the rooms.

Ron
Agree with what Ron posted. It’s about as close as you can get to Jetty Park- especially the Ocean building. Yes, I do believe the décor is the same no matter which building you are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726 View Post
WOW! What an amazing pool area, looks like a great resort! And I think you had a great view--being from the north I would love to have palm trees outside my window!
Yes, it turned out to be a fantastic view- you’ll understand in a bit! Palm trees are never bad, either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
Ron Jon looks fantastic and what a great location!

More! Hurry!
It is- like I said I don’t understand why It doesn’t get more of a push here on the Dis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingis2me View Post
I'll take one chair and one surfboard please!!!

Ron
Comin’ Right up! You could have used the surfboard that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrazMom View Post
I just wanted to say I have so enjoyed your TR. I love that you are writing and reliving it through your pictures and your DH keeps posting on it. It is great to see great families and great parents and great relationships in full force.
Aww. Thank you so much! You should hear him get on me when I am not going fast enough. The last couple of weeks have been quite stressful for me so he has been understanding. I almost wonder if he likes the TR’s more than the cruises……LOL…..no just kidding hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
What a cool pool/waterpark area! And how nice that it was a quick walk to the beach!
It is great! And the best part is <DUMDUMDUM> they have TRAMS to get you to the beach! (Well…not really- more like big golf carts. But still- a ride nonetheless! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralooneyfordisney View Post
Love it and chiming in for more.
It is coming! Glad you are enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
That's the breakfast of champions right there!
Not too shabby! LOL! I love the Pizza ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcruiser View Post
enjoying your review.
Thanks! Glad to have you onboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciemouse View Post
I grew up spending most Sunday afternoons at Jetty Park when we lived in Orlando. Haven't been there in a few years, so it was nice to see pics!
It’s a nice place- I had hoped to check it out a little more but as you will see the weather interfered a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Awesome pool areas. And the beach looks beautiful!!!!
Yep it is nice! We had a blast there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
I am loving your pictures. They have me wondering if I shouldn't be staying at Ron Jon!!
Well iw ould say that unless you are only in for the night before the cruise it is the place to be! I think you need at least one full day to spend at this resort though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow ...that is kid paradise!
Yep- they LOVED it!!!

Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #193
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That playground is awesome!!! I want to play there! This resort really looks fantastic. Well, besides having to have your key everywhere. Glad y'all were able to finally escape!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #194
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia

Quote:
Thanks so much everyone for your patience! The last couple of weeks have been a real roller coaster! I am happy to report that I did indeed pass my test. I was supposed to move to my new job this Saturday 11/17 but it looks like that has been put on hold until after the first of the year. It changes from day to day and minute to minute though. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel, and for that I am delighted!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #195
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Congratulations!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: