Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 563 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #1456
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

In 13 days I should be at getting off work and driving down to the beautiful Disney Swan Resort. I am getting so excited, and I feel very fortunate and grateful to be able to go this year. In 14 days from right now, I should be having a wonderfully long sleep in one of the Disney Swan's Heavenly Beds, too.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #1457
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySharpton View Post
In 13 days I should be at getting off work and driving down to the beautiful Disney Swan Resort. I am getting so excited, and I feel very fortunate and grateful to be able to go this year. In 14 days from right now, I should be having a wonderfully long sleep in one of the Disney Swan's Heavenly Beds, too.
Excited for you, Ray!! You'll be single-digit dancin' by the end of the week!

.........and we will happily join you in your dance!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 04:47 AM   #1458
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Excited for you, Ray!! You'll be single-digit dancin' by the end of the week!

.........and we will happily join you in your dance!
Thank you. My annual vacation every year to Walt Disney World with all the Christmas decorations and music and events is always the highlight of my year. So many things to see and to do even with plans made. I don't ride many rides, but I do love the atmosphere and this year it will be all new to me at the Disney Swan Resort. I can't wait. Thank you again. You brought a big smile to my face.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #1459
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

Interval International

please inform me if this is not the place to post this question......

I thought I could look on ii for a timeshare trade to stay at the swan or dolphin ..... is this true?
2013 MNSSHP/FAMILY TRIP TO DL
2014 BCV
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #1460
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesgr8 View Post
please inform me if this is not the place to post this question......

I thought I could look on ii for a timeshare trade to stay at the swan or dolphin ..... is this true?

I don't know the answer to your question. I am assuming that you are talking about Interval International? I have never seen the Swan or Dolphin on the II website. Have you seen it listed on II before?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #1461
lifesgr8
Mouseketeer

ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySharpton View Post
I don't know the answer to your question. I am assuming that you are talking about Interval International? I have never seen the Swan or Dolphin on the II website. Have you seen it listed on II before?
Yes I'm talking about Interval International. I thought they offered it since they have starwood resorts. I called yesterday and they do not. Since RCI now had Disney I thought maybe they would have it. But, I dont see them on RCI either?!
2013 MNSSHP/FAMILY TRIP TO DL
2014 BCV
Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #1462
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

To the best of my knowledge, since neither the Swan nor Dolphin are timeshare resorts, they would not be offered on RCI or II.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #1463
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Here is a new link for the Swan and Dolphin Resorts Christmas Holiday activities calendar and descriptions and times.

http://santasfavoriteresort.com/calendar2012.pdf

Quote:

Christmas Tree Lighting:
At 6:00 pm on select nights, Mrs. Claus will choose one lucky family to help her light our beautiful poinsettia Christmas tree in the Dolphin Lobby. Mrs. Claus will then invite everyone out to the causeway to help her find Santa Claus!

Santa and Mrs. Claus:
Santa and Mrs. Claus along with their special Elf, Kandy Kane, will entertain guests at their special Florida tiki hut on the causeway from 6:15pm - 8:00pm on select nights. Get ready for big laughs and photo opportunities you will not see anywhere else.

Classic Christmas Movies:
The whole family will enjoy watching some fun, classic Christmas movies on select nights. Just switch the channel on your in-room television to channel 5, sit back, relax and watch such favorites as Elf, A Christmas Story, Polar Express, The Santa Claus, Home Alone and more. Movies begin at 8:30pm.

Pastry Decorating:
Create your own masterpiece as our cast members help you decorate cookies, brownies or cupcakes. Location alternates between the Swan and Dolphin lobbies on select nights starting at 5:00pm.

Holiday EntertainOn select nights, youll enjoy beautiful musical performances by carolers, choirs and musicians in the hotel lobbies or on the causeway and other public areas throughout the resort.

Holiday Hideout:
Children are invited to join us between 12:00pm and 4:00pm for fun arts and crafts, XBOX 360 with Kinect, Wii Sports, BINGO, coloring pages, board games, and more! Stop by our activities room located on the first floor of the Dolphin near the central elevators. (Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times). * Activities may change on select days..

Santas Magic Key:
How is Santa going to be able to deliver presents for your children when you are staying in a beautiful hotel room in the middle of Walt Disney World Resort? Easy! Just stop by the Concierge desk on select days and pick up a copy of Santas magic key to hang on your hotel room door on Christmas Eve. (Dont worry - it only works for Santa!)

Elf Tuck-In:
Invite Santas Elves into your room on Christmas Eve to read a story and tuck you in. Theyll even bring cookies and milk to help you drift off to sleep and await Santas visit. Also included is a holiday plush toy, a magic key for Santa and a story book. (charges apply and reservations are required.) Please call 407-934-4264 for more information and to make reservations.

Childrens New Years Eve Party:
Children ages 4 - 12 will have the opportunity to ring in the New Year their way from 6:00pm - 1:00am at Camp Dolphin. Includes party hats, noise-makers, balloon drop, dinner (Children must be dropped off before 7:00pm for dinner) and much more! Charges apply and reservations are required. Please call 407-934-4241 for more details and to make reservations.

Mrs. Claus Bake Shop:
Call ahead to room service and order a cookies and milk amenity to be delivered to your room during the Classic Christmas movie from 8:30pm - 10:00pm. The Mrs. Claus Cookies and Milk amenity also includes a story book about Santas Favorite Resort.

Mrs. Claus Holiday Hotline:
Call our Holiday Hotline at extension 1225 to hear a recorded message from Mrs. Claus further describing all of these fun holiday activities!

Chocolate Santa and Chocolate Train Masterpiece:
Stop by the entrance to the Swan near Il Mulino New York Trattoria to marvel at a spectacular chocolate Santa and train sculpture hand-crafted by our two-time World Pastry Chef, Laurent Branlard. Everything you see is made from chocolate!

Last edited by RaySharpton; 11-17-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #1464
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Question! Is the Dolphin decorated for the holidays now like the WDW resorts? I ask because Ray posted the 2012 holiday calendar and I notice that the "events" don't really begin until Dec 1 and I'm thinking about my trip NEXT year when we arrive on Thanksgiving Day and leave Dec 4. Hoping to catch some decorations and an event or two.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 11-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #1465
RaySharpton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Question! Is the Dolphin decorated for the holidays now like the WDW resorts? I ask because Ray posted the 2012 holiday calendar and I notice that the "events" don't really begin until Dec 1 and I'm thinking about my trip NEXT year when we arrive on Thanksgiving Day and leave Dec 4. Hoping to catch some decorations and an event or two.
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe someone that is down there now can answer your question.

Here is the main website to the Swan and Dolphin Resort at http://www.swandolphin.com/ .

And here is the the contact link to email them your question or to call directly at http://www.swandolphin.com/contact.html .

Quote:
E-Mail Addresses:
For Resort Information info@swandolphin.com
Main Phone Numbers:
Main Number 407-934-4000
Reservations 888-828-8850
And here is the FaceBook page where you could also post the same question for the Swan and Dolphin Resort at
www.facebook.com/swananddolphin

Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #1466
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

can you park for free at the theme parks if staying at Dolphin?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #1467
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
The Dolphin has been decorated by Thanksgiving weekend, but not necessarily by Thanksgiving day. However, next year Thanksgiving is late (Nov. 28) so your chances are better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
can you park for free at the theme parks if staying at Dolphin?
Yes.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #1468
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL
The Dolphin has been decorated by Thanksgiving weekend, but not necessarily by Thanksgiving day. However, next year Thanksgiving is late (Nov. 28) so your chances are better.

Yes.
That's what I'm hoping for

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #1469
commdoc
Mouseketeer

I just left yesterday and the hotel was not decorated. The only other resort I visited was the BWI and it was not decorated either.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: