Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 PM   #91
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears
 
minniewitch01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer-Mickey
I just sailed the November 3 - 10th sailing out of Galveston. I am excited to now focus on this cruise. I love the itinerary. Our cabin is interested in doing the FE gifts. My friend and her two children will be going on this trip. (2 adults and 2 children 10 & 12). We look forward to getting to know all of you.
Oh ha ha forgot to tell u what cruise this was. My DH DD DS and I went on the Wonder nov 4th til 11th to the Mexican Rivera. We did the big zip line excusions on both PV and Cabo. The one on PV was amazing I cried out of fear of the heights but it was worth it to be zipping through the jungle!!!
__________________
Disney Magic Bahamas 2002 Magic 2007 Transalantic Wonder April 2012 Mexico
minniewitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #92
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears
 
minniewitch01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniewitch01

So weird getting off the ship time. This was our fourth cruise but the first time getting off knowing only a few short months and we will b sailing with Mickey again my kids had this best time they made some great friends at the edge and some of the kids in the line for customs we still rounding up numbers, getting one last hug in and crying. This was the first year both kids were in the edge and I gave them a taste of freedom to roam the ship with friends
Nov 4th -11th Mexican Rivera the Wonder
__________________
Disney Magic Bahamas 2002 Magic 2007 Transalantic Wonder April 2012 Mexico
minniewitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #93
ilovebassets
Animal Kingdom fanatic!
 
ilovebassets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 475

Hi everyone! We are now booked and ready to go! This will be our seventh cruise for DH (32) and I (31) but the first with the 2 boys who will be 2.5 and 5 months and our first time on DCL. I love cruising and I love Disney so figured that now we have kids, I can actually justify the cost of a Disney cruise (even if it means off season with a kids free promo just to be somewhat reasonable!) My in-laws (62 and 60) will be coming, too. This will be their first time cruising and they're not really Disney fans but they simply ADORE their two year old grandson so hopefully the magic will rub off on them a little!
__________________
Dec 2007 - first time on site at POR
Sept 2008 - CBR with free dining
Feb 2011 - Baby's first trip to WDW and back to the great POR
June 2012 - 22 weeks pregnant at CSR
March 2013 - Disney Magic here we come for eight magical nights!
October 2013 - Fort Wilderness Cabins and free dining with a pirate obsessed three year old and one year old
May 2014 - Back to Fort Wilderness Cabins!
September 2014 - Checking out the Disney's Hilton Head resort for four nights
November 2014 - Hitting the high seas on the Disney Fantasy with one night at AoA first
February 2015 - You just can't keep us away from Fort Wilderness!
ilovebassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #94
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran
 
Tiggs14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 776

We're going to be going you!

It'll be DH, myself and our two boys ages 7 and 8. They'll find out Christmas morning that they're going on their first Disney cruise!

Looking forward to joining this group.
__________________
Donna ~ Mommy to 2 Amazing Little Men ~ Wife to My Best Friend

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #95
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran
 
threewilmingtonwalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hollywood East
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniewitch01

I'm the lucky girl going with this awesome girl so excited!!!!!! We meet on the magic in 2007 at cast away cat and since have became great friends truelly blessed by her friendship
Hi and WELCOME!
__________________
The Undomestic Goddess (Me!) DH (DD8)
threewilmingtonwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #96
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran
 
threewilmingtonwalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hollywood East
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebassets
Hi everyone! We are now booked and ready to go! This will be our seventh cruise for DH (32) and I (31) but the first with the 2 boys who will be 2.5 and 5 months and our first time on DCL. I love cruising and I love Disney so figured that now we have kids, I can actually justify the cost of a Disney cruise (even if it means off season with a kids free promo just to be somewhat reasonable!) My in-laws (62 and 60) will be coming, too. This will be their first time cruising and they're not really Disney fans but they simply ADORE their two year old grandson so hopefully the magic will rub off on them a little!
Hi, and WELCOME! How fun that you get to cruise with the grandparents! I have been trying to talk our parents into joining us for years, but they're not having it. I wonder if your in-laws will be like my hubby, who was ready to re-book pretty much as soon as hit feet touched the dock.
__________________
The Undomestic Goddess (Me!) DH (DD8)
threewilmingtonwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #97
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran
 
threewilmingtonwalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hollywood East
Posts: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs14
We're going to be going you!

It'll be DH, myself and our two boys ages 7 and 8. They'll find out Christmas morning that they're going on their first Disney cruise!

Looking forward to joining this group.
Hi, and WELCOME! Stories of surprising kids on Christmas morning with news of the trip are my favorite! You'll have to tell us how they react!
__________________
The Undomestic Goddess (Me!) DH (DD8)
threewilmingtonwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #98
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran
 
threewilmingtonwalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hollywood East
Posts: 683

So glad to see our number of cruisers increasing! Thank you for your responses on FE participation. Now that we know we have enough people to do a decent exchange, let's discuss deadline. Does 30 days out seem like a reasonable timeframe for closing the list?

Also, what about doing a meet while onboard? Anyone interested? With several sea days, maybe we could rustle up a card game or a group for wine tasting? Let me know what you think!
__________________
The Undomestic Goddess (Me!) DH (DD8)
threewilmingtonwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #99
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears
 
minniewitch01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls
So glad to see our number of cruisers increasing! Thank you for your responses on FE participation. Now that we know we have enough people to do a decent exchange, let's discuss deadline. Does 30 days out seem like a reasonable timeframe for closing the list?

Also, what about doing a meet while onboard? Anyone interested? With several sea days, maybe we could rustle up a card game or a group for wine tasting? Let me know what you think!
30 days sounds good and meeting up after embarking at the promenade will be awesome. Maybe we can all wear a Mickey name tags of some kind so we know who is part of the group. Love the idea of a card game or something
__________________
Disney Magic Bahamas 2002 Magic 2007 Transalantic Wonder April 2012 Mexico
minniewitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #100
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears
 
minniewitch01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebassets
Hi everyone! We are now booked and ready to go! This will be our seventh cruise for DH (32) and I (31) but the first with the 2 boys who will be 2.5 and 5 months and our first time on DCL. I love cruising and I love Disney so figured that now we have kids, I can actually justify the cost of a Disney cruise (even if it means off season with a kids free promo just to be somewhat reasonable!) My in-laws (62 and 60) will be coming, too. This will be their first time cruising and they're not really Disney fans but they simply ADORE their two year old grandson so hopefully the magic will rub off on them a little!
Wow u r in for a huge treat. This will be our fifth Disney cruise. Our first I was 28 husband 32 DD 4 and DD 2 we also went with my husbands parents and my mom. My kids still remember it to this day my daughter more than my son. I think it's the biggest pile of dookie when I hear people say they don't want to take their kids to Disneyland or cruise because they don't think the kids will appeicate it or remember. 1st of all they appeicate it the most as toddlers the magic is so real for them and meeting all the characters means everything to them. Who cares if they remember everything or not your spending quality time with them and you will remember and always have pics to remind them. My kids are 10 and 12 now and they have an awesome time every time but truthfully the best times were when they believed in the magic. Experiencing Disney through your kids eyes is magical and the no words to describe the feeling u get when you see them so happy and in awe. Im preschool teacher so I hear it all the time and sometimes I want to just scream!!! I wish I could take them all just to share in their excitement and joy. I have one little girl in particular who every single time I put in a Disney song she transforms in to princess and she is taken away to her castle. Seriously your gonna love this cruise
__________________
Disney Magic Bahamas 2002 Magic 2007 Transalantic Wonder April 2012 Mexico
minniewitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #101
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears
 
minniewitch01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniewitch01

Wow u r in for a huge treat. This will be our fifth Disney cruise. Our first I was 28 husband 32 DD 4 and DD 2 we also went with my husbands parents and my mom. My kids still remember it to this day my daughter more than my son. I think it's the biggest pile of dookie when I hear people say they don't want to take their kids to Disneyland or cruise because they don't think the kids will appeicate it or remember. 1st of all they appeicate it the most as toddlers the magic is so real for them and meeting all the characters means everything to them. Who cares if they remember everything or not your spending quality time with them and you will remember and always have pics to remind them. My kids are 10 and 12 now and they have an awesome time every time but truthfully the best times were when they believed in the magic. Experiencing Disney through your kids eyes is magical and the no words to describe the feeling u get when you see them so happy and in awe. Im preschool teacher so I hear it all the time and sometimes I want to just scream!!! I wish I could take them all just to share in their excitement and joy. I have one little girl in particular who every single time I put in a Disney song she transforms in to princess and she is taken away to her castle. Seriously your gonna love this cruise
__________________
Disney Magic Bahamas 2002 Magic 2007 Transalantic Wonder April 2012 Mexico
minniewitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #102
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears
 
minniewitch01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniewitch01

Wow u r in for a huge treat. This will be our fifth Disney cruise. Our first I was 28 husband 32 DD 4 and DD 2 we also went with my husbands parents and my mom. My kids still remember it to this day my daughter more than my son. I think it's the biggest pile of dookie when I hear people say they don't want to take their kids to Disneyland or cruise because they don't think the kids will appeicate it or remember. 1st of all they appeicate it the most as toddlers the magic is so real for them and meeting all the characters means everything to them. Who cares if they remember everything or not your spending quality time with them and you will remember and always have pics to remind them. My kids are 10 and 12 now and they have an awesome time every time but truthfully the best times were when they believed in the magic. Experiencing Disney through your kids eyes is magical and the no words to describe the feeling u get when you see them so happy and in awe. Im preschool teacher so I hear it all the time and sometimes I want to just scream!!! I wish I could take them all just to share in their excitement and joy. I have one little girl in particular who every single time I put in a Disney song she transforms in to princess and she is taken away to her castle. Seriously your gonna love this cruise


The first pic is my daughter 4yrs old her first cruise with taken with my mom and stitch the second pic is of our second cruise
__________________
Disney Magic Bahamas 2002 Magic 2007 Transalantic Wonder April 2012 Mexico
minniewitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #103
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears
 
minniewitch01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24

I used instagram to get a url to post my pics but it didnt work how do I post pics. also how do I change my avitar I took a pic from my computer and added it but I dont see it
__________________
Disney Magic Bahamas 2002 Magic 2007 Transalantic Wonder April 2012 Mexico
minniewitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #104
ilovebassets
Animal Kingdom fanatic!
 
ilovebassets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniewitch01 View Post
Wow u r in for a huge treat. This will be our fifth Disney cruise. Our first I was 28 husband 32 DD 4 and DD 2 we also went with my husbands parents and my mom. My kids still remember it to this day my daughter more than my son. I think it's the biggest pile of dookie when I hear people say they don't want to take their kids to Disneyland or cruise because they don't think the kids will appeicate it or remember. 1st of all they appeicate it the most as toddlers the magic is so real for them and meeting all the characters means everything to them. Who cares if they remember everything or not your spending quality time with them and you will remember and always have pics to remind them. My kids are 10 and 12 now and they have an awesome time every time but truthfully the best times were when they believed in the magic. Experiencing Disney through your kids eyes is magical and the no words to describe the feeling u get when you see them so happy and in awe. Im preschool teacher so I hear it all the time and sometimes I want to just scream!!! I wish I could take them all just to share in their excitement and joy. I have one little girl in particular who every single time I put in a Disney song she transforms in to princess and she is taken away to her castle. Seriously your gonna love this cruise
Thanks minniewitch! I completely agree about people acting like it's not worth vacationing with very young children because they won't remember. I guess I should throw away my zoo membership and stop going to the parks and playground, too, because he won't remember any of that. I understand if finances are really tight, by all means, save up for the once in a lifetime trip. But if it's manageable, then I think vacationing is a great experience for toddlers and helps them develop and learn about the world around them since everything is new for them, even if it's just going to the airport and looking at all the planes lined up.

Besides, who says Disney trips are just for the kids anyway?!
__________________
Dec 2007 - first time on site at POR
Sept 2008 - CBR with free dining
Feb 2011 - Baby's first trip to WDW and back to the great POR
June 2012 - 22 weeks pregnant at CSR
March 2013 - Disney Magic here we come for eight magical nights!
October 2013 - Fort Wilderness Cabins and free dining with a pirate obsessed three year old and one year old
May 2014 - Back to Fort Wilderness Cabins!
September 2014 - Checking out the Disney's Hilton Head resort for four nights
November 2014 - Hitting the high seas on the Disney Fantasy with one night at AoA first
February 2015 - You just can't keep us away from Fort Wilderness!
ilovebassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #105
minniewitch01
Earning My Ears
 
minniewitch01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniewitch01
I used instagram to get a url to post my pics but it didnt work how do I post pics. also how do I change my avitar I took a pic from my computer and added it but I dont see it
__________________
Disney Magic Bahamas 2002 Magic 2007 Transalantic Wonder April 2012 Mexico
minniewitch01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.