Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #76
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

janet I am so so sorry. Your poor family is going through hell. It's so sad to see all these young people dying under tragic circumstances.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #77
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Janet - I am so very sorry to hear about DS' friend. I am sure it has been hard on everyone. Anna, her family, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #78
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Aw, Janet. I'm so sorry. My condolences to you, your family -- your DS and his friends. So very tragic and sad. In my thoughts even more so. Sorry you're dealing with so much right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Janet~So sorry to hear about DS' friend. I hope he's managing ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
janet I am so so sorry. Your poor family is going through hell. It's so sad to see all these young people dying under tragic circumstances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Janet - I am so very sorry to hear about DS' friend. I am sure it has been hard on everyone. Anna, her family, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa
My friends, thank you all My DS is coping, as we are all ...as much as this is difficult for us, for her parents and brother the pain must be immeasurable .... I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers very much ...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #79
Janet B
DIS Veteran

A PAS note .....

Wanted to pass along a mesage from Pas. … rec’d a text from her late last night (girls ready, she had yet to pack ) I don’t know if she felt she would have time to post, so in case not, she send BIG RC HUGS to you all ... she is beyond excited to get the Pas Girls trip started!

Pas, enjoy this time with your beautiful girls, we all know our kids grow up too fast… so happy this trip is about to become a reality for you all.... Love you

TY Kook!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #80
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

janet - I'm so sorry to hear about your son's friend. I will keep their family and your in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss - Still resort buddies! Even though I read the terms over and over again, I have a fear of canceling through hotels.com so this one may have good sticking power.

Yay for the pas girls!

babyberger - I'm sure it was just nice to be heard!

jenny - sick hubbies are the worst!

I'm starting to plan how to surprise the kiddos on Christmas morning. Any ideas? I'm so not creative. I actually deactivated my pinterest account because I felt like it was mocking my lack of any type of craftiness.

All I can think of is a big box with Mickey balloons? Or maybe getting personalized M&Ms that say " We're going to Disney" although those seemed kinda spendy
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #81
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
janet - I'm so sorry to hear about your son's friend. I will keep their family and your in my thoughts and prayers.

Miss - Still resort buddies! Even though I read the terms over and over again, I have a fear of canceling through hotels.com so this one may have good sticking power.

Yay for the pas girls!

babyberger - I'm sure it was just nice to be heard!

jenny - sick hubbies are the worst!

I'm starting to plan how to surprise the kiddos on Christmas morning. Any ideas? I'm so not creative. I actually deactivated my pinterest account because I felt like it was mocking my lack of any type of craftiness.

All I can think of is a big box with Mickey balloons? Or maybe getting personalized M&Ms that say " We're going to Disney" although those seemed kinda spendy
We actually did this for our Feb. 2011 trip (we suprised them Christmas 2010). We got them the little t-shirts that say "I'm going to the Walt Disney World resort". We held those for last. We actually videotaped it which was great because our oldest DD was really starting to read well at that point and we had her read the shirt, which she did...no reaction...then I said "what does it say???" she said "I'm going to WDW...", and I said..."and that shirt is for you???"....she said "yes", and I said..."so what does that mean???"...meanwhile, little DD is just looking at the shirt clueless when all of a sudden our oldest put 2+2 together and starts screaming and jumping up and down shouting, "We're going to Disney!!!"

I love watching that video!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #82
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

Just stopping in to say hi. At the library using their Internet. No longer at the hotel because We got power back yesterday afternoon!!!

Verizon is due to come tomorrow, so we should get our Internet, phones and TV back up and running. Then we just have a huge mess to clean up outside...but who cares, we have power after 15 days!!!!

Janet

pas, safe trip. I texted this morning wishing you an amazing, fantastic PPP (pas princess party)

Hi to everyone else. I will be back once we get Internet!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #83
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Janet: So so sorry for the loss of your DS friend. I am so upset at the hard time teenagers are having in this world lately, and am so so sorry it has touched you all in such a personal way. Thanks for the reminder to tell our families and kids that we love them.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #84
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Thanks for passing along the Pas message, Janet. I know they're going to have such a fabulous time.

Sarah: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Oh, that is such great news!

I_Heart: Stop reading those T&Cs, you just can't change now. Stuck, stuck I say.

Hmmm. Surprises! I'm not really good at them either. at feeling Pinterest guilt.

Let's see... what about a present for each of them that they each open last:
  • DS9 has a non-Disney-fied (so they can't suss it out) card inside the box which says: "What about"
  • DS7 has one which says: "we celebrate"
  • DS6 has "New Year's"
  • and have them all help the lil' one open the last huge box which contains Mickey balloons and a card which says: "At Disney World!"

That's the best I can come up with.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #85
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
Just stopping in to say hi. At the library using their Internet. No longer at the hotel because We got power back yesterday afternoon!!!

Verizon is due to come tomorrow, so we should get our Internet, phones and TV back up and running. Then we just have a huge mess to clean up outside...but who cares, we have power after 15 days!!!!

Janet

pas, safe trip. I texted this morning wishing you an amazing, fantastic PPP (pas princess party)

Hi to everyone else. I will be back once we get Internet!

That is GREAT news!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #86
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Janet: So so sorry for the loss of your DS friend. I am so upset at the hard time teenagers are having in this world lately, and am so so sorry it has touched you all in such a personal way. Thanks for the reminder to tell our families and kids that we love them.
Quote:
Janet
Thank you my friends... My DD is taking it very hard as well. you are so right jenny about teenagers today ... wish we could kiss and make it all better but it doesn't work that way when they are young adults...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Thanks for passing along the Pas message, Janet. I know they're going to have such a fabulous time.
I KNOW they will too!

TY Kook!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #87
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Janet I am so very sorry to hear about DS friend. Life is so very fragile and so precious. You are all in my thoughts and prayers especially Anna's family may they find some small comfort during this most terrible time.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #88
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

I am behind once again the crazy weather changes here have caused me to have sinus issues the headaches the worse. I have so much to do before our trip and needless to say it is not getting done.

Jeanette I'm so lost but want to wish you a wonderful trip with lots of pixie dust! Safe travels

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 11-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #89
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

You did the right thing by posting about Anna, Janet. So true that we never really know with some folks what's going on inside when pain/sadness can be veiled with a smile or laugh.

Pioneer Girl Sarah will soon have her 'bundle' back and will be able to surf, chat and flip! But, most importantly, she will be warm and have food and a nice, hot bath!

Is Gwynne at WDW now?

Who will be making some changes tomorrow? pas130 perhaps?

Jeanette is now at the gate with the girls:

Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #90
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Kook: Thanks for posting the pic of the Pas girls at the airport! Awww how cute are they???

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: