Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
biggroofy
DIS Veteran

Preparing for our 1st stay at Wilderness Lodge

We have booked two standard rooms for Christmas week, directly via Disney.com. When I called to make some room requests, I was told that we were assigned accessible rooms because standard rooms were fully booked. I was fine with until the CM told me that accessible rooms has one King Bed only. I took the offer for upgrading to wood view rooms, and the CM noted 2 queen beds, connecting rooms, etc on my reservations. Hope we are all set now....very excited but have some questions:

Is there any difference between standard rooms and wood-view rooms, other than the view? So far I have only requested high floor, and away from WCC (minimize the noise). Any other requests I should put in, for a quiet room? Any good/bad locations?

My parents have sleep apnea, and require to use CPAP machine during bedtime. The machine requires distilled water to operate. I was told that the tuck shop in WL carries pure distilled water by gallon. Can anyone please confirm?

I have a carriage ride (booked) at FT (5:30-6pm), and also have ADR at Artist Point at 7:30pm. I believe I should have ample time to travel back & forth by boat? How frequent is the boat that sails between WL, FT, CR?

In order to arrive MK before rope drop, should we take the boat from WL or the bus?

I will rent a car on the last day. Is Disney's Car Care Centre the closest location?

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Congrats on your first WL stay. It's a simply amazing resort, I'm sure you will love it!

Although I can't answer all of your questions, I can help with a couple...

I've taken the boat to the MK and made it in plenty of time for rope drop.

I have seen distilled water in the Mercantile Shop. It was a couple years back and my DH bought it by mistake... I had to send him back to get spring water as I don't like the taste of distilled.

I believe that the woods view and standard rooms are different in view alone. Someone else might be able to confirm that though.

I'm just curious... why are you planning to rent a car on your last day?
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
biggroofy
DIS Veteran

Thanks. We always stayed at the GF, always 2-queen beds per room. I guess (hope) this is a standard for wood-view rooms in WL. We couldn't survive if they assign us a King bed, can't fit 2 adults and 2 kids :P

We need a car on our last day, because DW wants to go shopping at the Orlando Premium Outlets before heading to the airport
Old 11-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
angelkk
Mouseketeer

I am interested to know the difference between Woods view and Courtyard View. If we are going to stay at WL, shall we request main building or the Wing?

I've heard that WL share buses with FT. Would it be a better option to hop on "any" (?) bus in other to travel between WL & FT?
angelkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkk View Post
I am interested to know the difference between Woods view and Courtyard View. If we are going to stay at WL, shall we request main building or the Wing?
Please see post #2 in the WL FAQ Thread. It has detailed descriptions and pictures of the different views.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2969675

Quote:
I've heard that WL share buses with FT. Would it be a better option to hop on "any" (?) bus in other to travel between WL & FT?
I think WL and Ft. Wilderness only share a bus to MK. Also, there is a walk/bike path that goes between the 2 and there is a boat that you can take. You may want to check out post #4 in the above link I provided for all the transportation options.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Kimberle
WL Vet

Quote:
Not quite sure of your question. WL shares buses with either FW or GF. If you want to go to FW, you can do so by direct bus or boat. A bus travels WL - FW. There is also a small boat that loops WL/FW/CR. The entire loop takes about 20 minutes.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
amzking
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggroofy View Post
Thanks. We always stayed at the GF, always 2-queen beds per room. I guess (hope) this is a standard for wood-view rooms in WL. We couldn't survive if they assign us a King bed, can't fit 2 adults and 2 kids :P
The rooms at WE, though they do have two queens, are smaller than GF. I believe you can find the square footages under the Resorts tab on the main DIS page. Just didn't want you to be shocked when you see the difference.

There is no difference in room size/layout for woods or standard view, just the view.

I love the WK, hope you do too. If you get a high floor on the wing closest to MK you may see the fireworks from your balcony.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #8
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Quote:
Is there any difference between standard rooms and wood-view rooms, other than the view? So far I have only requested high floor, and away from WCC (minimize the noise). Any other requests I should put in, for a quiet room? Any good/bad locations?
Like another poster mentioned, the WL thread here has a lot of good room and location info. Despite all the discussion about views and location, the inside of the rooms is the same. The view from the balcony is determined by the category booked, but you will get the view you book or better, since upgrades occur fairly frequently. Looking at the map of room locations, most rooms are Woods view or better. Which location you prefer is a personal decision based on what view you prefer and how much you value having a quiet location. We really enjoyed having a room that opened to the main lobby so it had a great view out the front of the room, but some people prefer a quieter location down a hallway. The same applies for courtyard view locations: some love overlooking the main pool (which is inner courtyard view) but looking towards the Villas and Hidden Springs Pool is quieter. Probably the least desirable room location is the Standard view rooms on the North side overlooking the loading dock, but they are the cheapest and even from them you might be able to see Wishes fireworks since they face toward MK. It is all a matter of preference, and it is such a beautiful resort and is compact enough that you really can't go wrong.

Quote:
I have a carriage ride (booked) at FT (5:30-6pm), and also have ADR at Artist Point at 7:30pm. I believe I should have ample time to travel back & forth by boat? How frequent is the boat that sails between WL, FT, CR?
Thanks!
The boats that run the loop between WL, Fort Wilderness, and CR seem to come about every 10 minutes. We found that in the morning they tended to go WL, CR, then FW while later in the day the direction was reversed, WL, FW, CR. So, depending on the direction you might have to make an extra stop at CR, but the whole ride won't take more then 15 min either way. You should have plenty of time to take the boat, and it is a beautiful ride.

Another thing we like to do is walk the paved path bwtween WL and FW, which takes about 15 minutes. It is not lighted though, so it is nicer to do it in the daylight.

Enjoy your trip, it should be wonderful!
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: