Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
The information contained in this post is provided to you “AS IS”, does not constitute legal advice, Jack is not acting as your attorney. He make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this post and its posts.

The law changes very rapidly and, accordingly, Jack does not guarantee that any information on this web site or affiliated posts is accurate and up to date. Additionally, the law differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and is subject to interpretation of courts located in each county....blah, blah, blah
In even finer print. And remember, "blah, blah, blah" is a well-understood legal term.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #17
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

The purpose of this thread is to discuss a petition regarding the bakery, not discuss the use of "iconic." Please keep all comments to the topic at hand.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 11-13-2012 at 07:23 PM.
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
In even finer print. And remember, "blah, blah, blah" is a well-understood legal term.
I am glad that I keep that snip-it in a notes file on my macbook.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #19
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

That petition is a an iconic waste of effort as Disney will not use it. The Icon that was the MSB was not really an Icon. I do not think of MSB when I think on the Magic Kingdom. I think of my brother running naked down Main Street. That was ICONIC!!

New word, Haughty!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #20
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Usually, I get my coffee from a local place. Starbucks is a decent second, tho. Frappacino..yum.. The pastries aren't bad.
The plain coffee, however, I think is gack. But there are folks hooked on the stuff. WDW made a very shrewd business decision.
What is an FE?
DCL info thread

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #21
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Old 11-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #22
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Do you ever feel uncomfortable reading a debate? I sorta did in this case...

Back on topic, I signed the petition but I wish I could qualify my answer. I DO like Starbucks hot cocoa (I'm not a coffee drinker) and I like to be able to dash across the street from work to get some when I'm chilly. But the mental image of seeing THAT Starbucks on Main Street is sad to me. So I truly hope Disney makes Starbucks comport its look to match the surroundings seamlessly. I don't want a giant circle-type sign, I don't want the cheesy smattering of so-so pastries and I really don't want that lady in Prada shoes and a Gucci bag (tsk tsk for not matching, ya rich lady) tapping her feet with impatience while ordering her non-fat, skim milk, extra caffiene mocha. That's all I'm saying. Keep it themed correctly with the right "air" about it and I'll be happy
Old 11-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #23
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak View Post
Do you ever feel uncomfortable reading a debate? I sorta did in this case...

Back on topic, I signed the petition but I wish I could qualify my answer. I DO like Starbucks hot cocoa (I'm not a coffee drinker) and I like to be able to dash across the street from work to get some when I'm chilly. But the mental image of seeing THAT Starbucks on Main Street is sad to me. So I truly hope Disney makes Starbucks comport its look to match the surroundings seamlessly. I don't want a giant circle-type sign, I don't want the cheesy smattering of so-so pastries and I really don't want that lady in Prada shoes and a Gucci bag (tsk tsk for not matching, ya rich lady) tapping her feet with impatience while ordering her non-fat, skim milk, extra caffiene mocha. That's all I'm saying. Keep it themed correctly with the right "air" about it and I'll be happy
Now that is an image I would love to see in the parks! I'm not a label hound, so I don't even know if I could identify Prada and Gucci, but would find it hilarious to see someone doing that at Disney. I would follow her to see her ride Splash in that get-up!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #24
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
Now that is an image I would love to see in the parks! I'm not a label hound, so I don't even know if I could identify Prada and Gucci, but would find it hilarious to see someone doing that at Disney. I would follow her to see her ride Splash in that get-up!
I'd love to see that too, and the she goes to city hall to complain that she got wet on splash mountain.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy's a freak View Post

lady in Prada shoes and a Gucci bag (tsk tsk for not matching, ya rich lady) tapping her feet with impatience while ordering her non-fat, skim milk, extra caffiene mocha.
There's a guy that frequents my local S'bucks that drives a Lotus.

All I can say is "Who drives a LOTUS??"

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #26
mommyceratops
Covets Clown School
Kevin's best buddy (you happy now?)
Totally Addicted to DisUnplugged!

I'm excited about Starbucks. But I am sad about the bakery.

For years (like 20 yrs ago) It was my moms and my tradition to go get a rice crispy treat bigger than your head and watch the parade. Now we go get a pre-made not fresh bagged pre-packaged rice crispy treat smaller than my hand. It's not the same but we changed. It's a fond memory we have moved to Goofy candy shop for our treats.

I do like going to the bakery and getting something. I just hope they keep it fresh.

I am looking forward to a LONG LINE to get my salted Carmel mocha. It will be nice for late night parties.

Now can we get Concourse Steakhouse or Mr. Toad back.

Any chance Starbucks will offer fast passes??
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #27
Spaceace5150
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyceratops View Post
I'm excited about Starbucks. But I am sad about the bakery.

Any chance Starbucks will offer fast passes??
fast passes and loan applications... can't wait to see what the Disney bubble prices are!
Spaceace5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #28
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
As for the lady in Prada and Gucci...is it the labels, what she's ordering or the tapping that's offensive?
I'm jealous of the labels and only offended by the impatience
Old 11-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #29
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeka65844 View Post
There's a guy that frequents my local S'bucks that drives a Lotus.

All I can say is "Who drives a LOTUS??"
I wouldn't know a Lotus if it pulled up right beside me. Does it have a flowery logo?

Back on topic: I'm not bothered by the change as long as Disney does what they've described they are going to do.

I'm not a coffee drinker at all and find SB Tea adequate...we do like the odd frappuccino though and I love their chai latte ( steamed milk). I have been somewhat surprised at the controversy due to the vilification of the current coffee offerings by so many.
AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!

Last edited by disneydreamgirl; 11-13-2012 at 05:56 PM.
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #30
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

Lets break this down and get to the heart of this because I am hearing different stories. Is it....

Starbucks replacing Main Street Bakery

or

Main Street Bakery now serving Starbucks Coffee

or

Starbucks being brought in, molded into the existing MSB.

What do you think?
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, SEPT 2013!! *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS DEC 2013
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: