Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #16
waldiddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
I guess I'm not seeing the difference - it's still going to look the same, the employees will still look the same, It's basically just going to be a product change.
Yeah, it's a subtle difference, but it's a big difference. Like several others, I agree they should keep the bakery, but simply serve the SB coffee as opposed to opening an entire SB store. What if WDW does more of this? Will they start replacing more of their Main St shops with counterparts found in any mall? Surely you can see where this begins to undermine the novelty of Main St.

Lots of other theme parks are doing this very thing. We live near Carowinds, and inside that park, they have Panda Express, Subway, etc. In my mind, WDW is risking not only becoming like any shopping mall, but also more like any other theme park. And, that's truly sad.

As far as Rainforest, you can count me as one of the people that easily got enough of it.
waldiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
fanowalt
Earning My Ears

I hope this is a rumor and not a real plan.I agree to go to WDW even with the expense of Walt Disney World because all 4 of us enjoy it.There is something for everyone,My daughters,my wife and for me and we really enjoy our time there.
One of the things I enjoy are Walt Disneys accomplishments.Main street being one of them.I have nothing against Starbucks or a buisness making money but to me a Starbucks would be out of place and not what I pay for when I go there.
An all day Starbucks entry ticket is free around here and I still don't go there.
fanowalt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
CampingDad
1214.5 miles from the mouse

I just read in an update that Main Street Bakery will not change in appearance when it reopens. There will be a Starbucks inside of the bakery serving coffee. Thank Goodness because that would be awful to walk past on Main Street.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-next-year/

2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax/Allison Edge E/Z 2008 Crossroads Cruiser 30sk w/ Swivel Wheel Trailer 2001 Club Car Gas

05/2008-FW 03/2009-FW 03/2011-FW 03/2012-FW 03/2013-FW

Last edited by CampingDad; 11-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.
CampingDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #19
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldiddy View Post
Yeah, it's a subtle difference, but it's a big difference. Like several others, I agree they should keep the bakery, but simply serve the SB coffee as opposed to opening an entire SB store.
That's basically what they're doing. The bakery is keeping the same look, they're just serving Starbucks coffee.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
Tidblgrr
Earning My Ears

I don't think Starbucks should be in Disney World. They can sponsor the Main Street Bakery but they should not be taking over the store. Sell the coffee, but keep the name of the store front. They could call it Star"Ducks"!!!!!!...maybe that's why Donald is always so angry all the time....He needs his coffee!!
Tidblgrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: