Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloweenqueen View Post
We found the service lacking at Kona during our last trip. The food though was delicious. Love, love, love Kevin's reviews and I like the top five format.
Same here, but the food was excellent!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
Phoenixblue
Mouseketeer

I love Kona. But I have to say on our recent trip it was not up to par. Much of that was the service - it was decidedly lacking. Most of the food was good - I still love the Tonga Toast ;-) - but some of the items were not as good as usual. It sounds like Kona is in need of some serious attention to fix some major problems. I have to agree also with the seating issues Kevin mentioned. We were there when it wasn't busy yet - I would say only about 7 tables filled. And they still gave us a buzzer and we had to wait 15 min. Also, it took longer than it should for food to come to the table and I would say the servers were all dower and a bit depressing - no where near the proficient and genial servers we have seen in the past.

Phoenixblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #18
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Just ate dinner at Kona a couple of days ago and the service was fantastic. Our host was fantastic. I never once had to ask for one of my 3 refills. We were in and out quickly.

She did give me a tip to start with. Don't order anything from they sushi bar because it was backed up 45 minutes. She also said, if you want sushi to come in right when they open at 5 otherwise it just backs up through the night.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #19
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

I enjoyed the reviews, too. I am wondering why the crowd at Boma was so big at 10:00-ish in the morning during a non-peak season. We've never even stayed at the AKL, but we've gone over for breakfast probably 10 or 12 times over the years. We are not early risers, so it's usually around that time of the morning for us. We tend to linger and close the place out, and we've never seen more than maybe a third of the tables taken.

I'm glad it's doing business, but I hope our nice, lazy breakfast place has not become overly popular with all the other sleeper-inners .
Old 11-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #20
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

That's right BOMA is the best...oh wait, maybe I don't want people to know because usually we find it less crowded than the other buffets, but it sounds like based on the crowds that Kevin mentioned that the word is out.

We are staying at the AKL on our next trip and we can't wait to walk right downstairs and eat there instead of taking a taxi!!!

Disneyland at the Holidays, here we come!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: