Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #841
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
I agree with most of what you say. The only thing missing is the reliance on past precedent. Corporate sponsorship has been done dozens of times before with the likes of Sara Lee, Nestle, Carnation, Coke, Edy's just to name a few, and in none of those instances did anyone declare that the sky was falling and that a particular location had been ruined. And while: "Disney will do this the right way and keep the location pleasant" is indeed an opinion, it is one formed from vast past experience whereas: "Disney is going to ruin this location" is an opinion formed by little more than fear. People are entitled to either opinion. But one comes with precedent and the other does not.
One opinion formed by fear of losing something, another by promise to get something. Both opinions based on personal feelings and nothing else. While Disney usually does a great job in anything, they also do mistakes, so expecting either is perfectly acceptable. As for other sponsors, if they just announced that they now sell SB it would feel different. How place will turn to be, nobody knows but there is a lot of room for speculation either way.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #842
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
It means the MSB will cease to exist as we know it.

WedgieSock is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #843
a11ie
"I only hope that we Do Not lose sight of one thing -- That it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel

Except that Starbucks isn't gaining control of anything. As noted above, MSB is keeping its name and theming.
Except I was just correcting your mistake. The word worked how the poster used it. I was just correcting your definition.
Dec '92.(US trip)_____Nov '93 (offsite)
Dec '94 (Dixie Landing)_____Sep '95 (BC)
Disneyland '96______Oct '97 (??)
Nov '99 (DL)_____May '00 (BWV)
May '01 (S&D)______Nov '01 (POR, BWV)
Disney Cruise '02______May '03 (BWV)
Oct '04 (BWV)______Sep '06 (BWV)

My DS FIRST trip at 14mo Nov '10 (BWV)
Had 2nd, surprise, trip with Grandma and Papa Oct '12 (BWV)
Planning to go back Sep '13. (BLT&BWV)
ME DS
a11ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #844
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Update to Disney Parks Blog story.

UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-next-year/
So to revise my post above, one opinion is formed by precedent and Disney's press release and the other opinion is formed by fear.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #845
Teamdisney306
Making dreams come True

I for one will happy to be able to get a great cup of coffee why at the park. Or a double shot espresso in the afternoon to keep me going.

Teamdisney
"..I hope ya heard of me."

Teamdisney306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #846
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamdisney306 View Post
I for one will happy to be able to get a great cup of coffee why at the park. Or a double shot espresso in the afternoon to keep me going.
And seriously ... Mickey & Minnie's new "barrista" costumes are just ADORABLE! I can't wait until they incorporate them into the TST M&G.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #847
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

Wow, who would have guessed that?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #848
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
While Disney usually does a great job in anything, they also do mistakes, so expecting either is perfectly acceptable. As for other sponsors, if they just announced that they now sell SB it would feel different. How place will turn to be, nobody knows but there is a lot of room for speculation either way.
I think the updated blog language is pretty clear. From this point forward, I think we can rest on: "There are none so blind as those who will not see."
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #849
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnedout View Post
Lol, ick! Watered down, no taste ice coffee! Everyone has their own tastes!
I'm sure icky will work. They'll guzzle pretty much anything else down over evilbucks...

Quote:

Now THAT'S better! Much clearer than - 'it's replacing MSB and reopening as a SB location.'
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #850
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Would it be just the opposite of this thread if they took away my Orville Reddenbachers ? I mean would Disney start making their own popcorn? Because then I'll be SCREAMING !!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #851
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
I think this one post pretty much sums up the entire 57 page thread.
SaraJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #852
kevdo
Kevin Crossman

So, it appears the cinnamon roll people were correct. No more cinnamon rolls at MSB.

But, if you think for a minute that moving those rolls from MSB to Gaston's has anything to do with Starbucks you're clearly not thinking about how much strategic investment Disney has made in New Fantasyland.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #853
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh cool! Thanks for the update REDDOG!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #854
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdo View Post
So, it appears the cinnamon roll people were correct. No more cinnamon rolls at MSB.

But, if you think for a minute that moving those rolls from MSB to Gaston's has anything to do with Starbucks you're clearly not thinking about how much strategic investment Disney has made in New Fantasyland.
I was thinking SB probably made that contingent since it would have competed with its own cinnamon bun and morning bun.

I believe it is also being sold in that new Dumbo Circus Tent.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #855
MinnieMeaghan
Earning My Ears

Still not thrilled with the idea. Starbucks is available all over, I don't want it interfering with my favorite place! I trust Disney, but this I am not too sure about.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: