DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #2311
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horselover View Post
Oh Maria it looks like I'll just miss you again! Unless you have a late flight on the 19th? We get in at 11:00. If all goes well we should be at VWL by 12:00.
Julie....we must coordinate our trips a little better !
We have to leave for the airport at 3 pm. So a quick meet might be doable. Not sure if we're gonna be in the parks that morning soaking up the last hours of our vacation.....keep ya posted !

Kat....omg what a dilemma !!!! I would be so torn even with the jurassic jumping spiders thrown in the mix !

Thanks Jimmy !

Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #2312
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Christmas meets

Morning all,

I just cleared the crap off the bed in the spare bedroom to start packing (my favorite part) for our December trip When we were there 10 years ago on our 2nd honeymoon if was Freeeeeezing the whole time with constant rain.. Give me an idea on what I should be packing for this December (8-15th). Also are you all have any meets this year ? would love to be there

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #2313
rfassett
Mouseketeer

So Rebecca, who besides being my dear wife also keeps my office running smoothly (and I affectionately call her my worst employee because she comes and goes as she wishes ) is driving home early yesterday afternoon to let the dogs out (home is about a five mile drive from the office) and as she is slowing to make a left turn she sees opposing traffic is stopped and then someone starts blaring their horn. So Rebecca stops just in time to see this huge driver-less dump truck come right through the stop sign from her right and crosses right over main street and is stopped only when its front left tire drops into a big hole that is dug in the road where the town is installing new water lines. She said she felt like she was in the twi-light zone. A few seconds difference in timing and this story would have had a very different ending.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #2314
Disney loving Iowan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfassett View Post
So Rebecca, who besides being my dear wife also keeps my office running smoothly (and I affectionately call her my worst employee because she comes and goes as she wishes ) is driving home early yesterday afternoon to let the dogs out (home is about a five mile drive from the office) and as she is slowing to make a left turn she sees opposing traffic is stopped and then someone starts blaring their horn. So Rebecca stops just in time to see this huge driver-less dump truck come right through the stop sign from her right and crosses right over main street and is stopped only when its front left tire drops into a big hole that is dug in the road where the town is installing new water lines. She said she felt like she was in the twi-light zone. A few seconds difference in timing and this story would have had a very different ending.
Wow! Thank goodness for the person who was blaring their horn! Glad it turned out okay.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #2315
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney loving Iowan View Post
Wow! Thank goodness for the person who was blaring their horn! Glad it turned out okay.
Wouldn't it be strange if no one was honking, but she heard it anyway. I believe in guardian angels. rfassett, I'm so happy to hear she's fine and it sounds like no one was hurt.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #2316
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Luv and I just got back from a quick 4+ day trip to our Lodge. We stayed in a studio for a change, and though we were a bit farther down the hallway than we'd hoped, the room was still wonderful and quiet. I'm uploading pics to Photobucket, so I will post pics soon. The weather was a bit cold the first day and a half, but was perfect the latter part of the visit. It was quite busy there since: a) the Disney Golf Classic was being held; b) the last weekend of the F&W was going on (one reason for our visit ); c) the F&W half-marathon was held Saturday; and d) it appeared this was a Jersey/PA week. We figured it would be crowded given that we had been on a waitlist for BLT and BWV for several months (to be closer to either the monorail or EPCOT) and neither came through. However, the parks had lots of EMHs (MK was open to 3 a.m. one night!), so we managed the crowds just fine.

We had lots of eats and drinks at the F&W, plus we were able to meet my daughter and her hubby for dinner at CG Saturday night (they live in Indialantic). Best of all, AP was again our favorite meal. It's a very meaningful place for us, but we've had some off and on again experiences the past few times. This time, we had a wonderful server and perfectly prepared dishes--the buffalo strip was tender, moist, and oh so very yummy. Apparently, they went back to a better cut of meat than they had been using in past visits. Whatever the case, it was nearly as tender as a filet mignon.

On my daily runs, I headed over to FW, and the Jones from West Monroe, LA, have staked their territory in the RV section and had just put up their Christmas decorations which were whimsical and lovely. The decorations were mostly up at MK (even the garland), but everywhere else had either not started or had very small items going up. Sadly, the Lodge had not begun any Christmas preparations. All in all, it was a most excellent, albeit short, vacation for us at our home away from home.

One last trivia question, and no fair referencing past pictures. What are the four critters that appear on the fireplace grate at the Inglenook sitting area? Can you list them in order from the top going clockwise?

Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #2317
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
Morning all,

I just cleared the crap off the bed in the spare bedroom to start packing (my favorite part) for our December trip When we were there 10 years ago on our 2nd honeymoon if was Freeeeeezing the whole time with constant rain.. Give me an idea on what I should be packing for this December (8-15th). Also are you all have any meets this year ? would love to be there
Well, another Groupie for our meet(s)! There is one planned for the evening of the 8th at BLT TOWL, which should be awesome! I think I saw 8 or so for the time, but I'm sure Di will come here and get it straight for us. And then later on in the week some more of us are planning on getting together, that one does not have a time or place yet.

Maybe we could figure that out now.

Anyone up for a second meet later on in the week? We are there until Dec 14, probably leaving that day at around 12. What does everyone else look like for that week? Other than Saturday?

To answer your packing question, at that time of year we pack for winter, summer, spring and fall. Seriously. That way we are prepared. The key word is layers. I also check the forecast to determine if we will need hats, mittens and long underwear. I hate being cold!

Quote:
Oh my gosh. Thank goodness she is all right!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #2318
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
Wouldn't it be strange if no one was honking, but she heard it anyway. I believe in guardian angels. rfassett, I'm so happy to hear she's fine and it sounds like no one was hurt.
Twinklebug - you are preaching to the choir and I would find nothing strange about your suggestion. I firmly believe God holds us in His hand. And sends His angels to watch over us. Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #2319
rfassett
Mouseketeer

Dddrrruuuummmmm rrrroooolllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When you wish upon a star.......makes no difference........" (Sung to "When you wish upon a star.")

Eric is one of Disney's newest cast members!!!! Was offered the job today pending the finger print and background check - which should not be an issue.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #2320
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Well, another Groupie for our meet(s)! There is one planned for the evening of the 8th at BLT TOWL, which should be awesome! I think I saw 8 or so for the time, but I'm sure Di will come here and get it straight for us. And then later on in the week some more of us are planning on getting together, that one does not have a time or place yet.

Maybe we could figure that out now.

Anyone up for a second meet later on in the week? We are there until Dec 14, probably leaving that day at around 12. What does everyone else look like for that week? Other than Saturday?

To answer your packing question, at that time of year we pack for winter, summer, spring and fall. Seriously. That way we are prepared. The key word is layers. I also check the forecast to determine if we will need hats, mittens and long underwear. I hate being cold!

Count us in DH and I will be there with bells on

Old 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #2321
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Julie....we must coordinate our trips a little better !
We have to leave for the airport at 3 pm. So a quick meet might be doable. Not sure if we're gonna be in the parks that morning soaking up the last hours of our vacation.....keep ya posted !
Seriously! This must be at least the 3rd or 4th time we've missed each other.

Quote:
How scary! So glad she's ok.

Quote:

"When you wish upon a star.......makes no difference........" (Sung to "When you wish upon a star.")

Eric is one of Disney's newest cast members!!!! Was offered the job today pending the finger print and background check - which should not be an issue.

Congratulations to Eric! What will his job be?

Jimmy I'll PM you but just in case you see this 1st can you add me to the 2013 vacation list? Booked next year's F&W trip over the weekend. Oct. 10-15 @ BCV. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #2322
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

OK, I got a little behind but think I'm caught up now.

Kathy - what a dilemma! My heart would be so sad if I weren't at the Lodge during the Christmas season. (That's why we're going to Aulani in February )

keliblue - we'd love to have you join us for our meet. Muush was correct; TOWL after 8 PM on Saturday December 8th. She was also correct for attire. Do pack to layer and make certain to have some type of rain gear. I keep a lightweight goretex in our Owners Locker. It may/may not be warm enough to swim in the afternoon. If you're planning on going to the Candlelight Processional, a blanket will be most welcome. We keep 2 of these in our OW locker as well: one to sit on and one to put over/around us. The metal bleachers can get awfully cold. Even though we're from the cold midwest, when it's cold in Florida, it's a biting cold that goes right through you. I keep those small knit gloves in my pocket - you know, the Walmart variety that are 97 cents! The same gloves, with the addition of a Mickey head - sells for over $8.00 in the parks. Cuddle Duds are good to pack too.

rfassett - good news from you on multiple accounts. So glad to hear your wife wasn't injured in such a freaky situation. How wonderful for your son! You'll have to introduce him to the Dis Boards and point him in the direction of our thread.

Nice report sleepy! AP is also one of our favorites and is where we dine on our last evening while in FL. We also have experienced some 'less than optimum' meals - so I'm glad to hear: 1) it's not just us 2) seems to be improving. Now if they'd only bring the fresh yogurt bar back to Roaring Fork, I'd be a happy camper!

One winter, we should find out when, specifically time and day, the big tree is going up in the Lodge lobby and plan a meet around it. Wouldn't it be fun to be on the 4th or 5th floor and watch as they bring the tree and all lights and decorations in? We could experience the magical transformation....... Only 24 more days.

DDad and I sit at the Inglenook multiple times every trip and for the life of me, I haven't any idea what the animals are. Hmm guess I'll have to go look at some pictures.

Muush - we can potentially do another meet. Depends on when/where.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #2323
DiznyDi

Julie - we may see you next October. While our plans aren't definite at this time, we're looking at Oct. 7-12. Oh I hope it works out!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #2324
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

Quote:

WooHoo!!! Very exciting! Where will he be working????

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
Count us in DH and I will be there with bells on
Good! Saturday (the 8th) evening or later on in the week or (like us, more than likely) both??

In looking back at my PMs, Maria said, and I quote:
Quote:
the 13th before 6 pm is best, but I can make it work on 12/14 too !
How does that look for you, Keliblue and anyone else? The 13th is Thursday, 14th is, obviously, Friday!

~Remember 9/11/2012
~The IRS. Today it's 'them', tomorrow it's YOU!
~I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #2325
DiznyDi

Muush - Either day could work for us. The condo assoc. mtg is on the 13th. We have it tentatively on our schedule.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: