Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
bjcaed
Earning My Ears

One day at WDW. Early enough for pre rope drop ADR

We are going on our first Cruise out ofGalveston leaving March 1st. We have on full day at WDW. Is there any chance we would be able to arrive by bus at a park early enough for a pre-rope drop breakfast ADR?? Anyone done this before! So excited about the cruise and getting to go to the me FL!!
bjcaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

What time is the ship scheduled to dock?
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
bjcaed
Earning My Ears

I believe it says 6:30am-11:30pm for our day. This is all new to us. We have been to WDW numerous times but never a cruise. Super excited!
bjcaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
samily
DIS Veteran

For our Galveston cruise coming up in February, the choices for earliest bus times on WDW day are 6:30am for Epcot (which has extra magic hours that day) and 7:15am for the other 3 parks.
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
happymama4874
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how long the trip is from Port Camaveral to WDW? We're on the Feb. cruise also.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
samily
DIS Veteran

Are you on the 2/15 cruise? I haven't been on our meet thread in a while, I need to catch up on it!

It's just under an hour to WDW from the port.
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama4874 View Post
Does anyone know how long the trip is from Port Camaveral to WDW? We're on the Feb. cruise also.
I think it's about an hour. I don't know if there would be a problem with commute traffic along that highway at that time of day, though.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Depending on traffic, it takes an hour to 75 minutes....unless you hit one of those "nothing is moving at all" situations.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
GoofyTwinDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcaed
We are going on our first Cruise out ofGalveston leaving March 1st. We have on full day at WDW. Is there any chance we would be able to arrive by bus at a park early enough for a pre-rope drop breakfast ADR?? Anyone done this before! So excited about the cruise and getting to go to the me FL!!
I was on the 6:30 bus earlier this year and we arrived at MK just as the ropes were dropped. You should be able to make it in time unless there is heavy traffic or the,bus was late leaving PC like our bus was.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:09 AM   #10
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samily
For our Galveston cruise coming up in February, the choices for earliest bus times on WDW day are 6:30am for Epcot (which has extra magic hours that day) and 7:15am for the other 3 parks.
With the 45 minute difference, you could easily take the monorail from Epcot to MK and still beat the DCL MK buses
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Yes, if you looking to do a MK ADR before rope drop, I would grab the 6:30 bus to Epcot and take the monorail over. MK doesn't open until 9 so I would think you could easily make an 8:30 ADR.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcaed View Post
Haven't done this before, as Im in the same boat as you (haha) but in January. BUT, by arriving early to Epcot, you could take the monorail, which is known to be slow and have issues OR you could grab a taxi that will be at Epcot, or have one waiting for you at Epcot. It's what Im planning on doing. Im trying to crazily get all 4 parks in on my WDW day, so, instead of using there transport for getting around all day, Im gonna use taxi's for some of it. It will be a TON faster!!

Good luck!! It will def work out for you
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcaed
Hi! I subbed because we are on the same cruise and planning to do the same! Have you joined our cruise meet thread yet? Come on over!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: