Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #151
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran
 
Disney_Princess83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
and they probably love Disney pizza too!

Nescafe, what a dismal thought!

I don't get it, it's a bakery, I'm more upset about the baked goods, the pastries, but everybody is stuck on the coffee debate!
Your Disney pastries are safe! There is more Disney at the DCA location then Starbucks food.
__________________

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #152
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 9,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEASLYBOO View Post
and they probably love Disney pizza too!

Nescafe, what a dismal thought!

I don't get it, it's a bakery, I'm more upset about the baked goods, the pastries, the croissants, the cinnamon rolls, etc., but everybody is stuck on the coffee debate!

There's a reason Disney is "Coke" country, they gave Disney the best deal, and I'm sure that's how Starbucks got their way in! Disney should however retain the name of Main st. Bakery, it's an institution!
YES! This is my worry too. The pastries! LOL! As long as they keep most of the goodies, im happy.
__________________


........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........







AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW





I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-13-2012, 10:38 AM   #153
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)
 
Jazzabelle508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not close enough to Disney
Posts: 822

For those of you who are upset because of the bake goods and not because of the coffee here is some good news for you!

https://twitter.com/ricklessss/statu...194753/photo/1

For me personally this was GREAT news considering I was pretty much only concerned about the baked goods. Those of you who are upset about the coffee that part unfortunately does remain the same as before.
__________________
12-POP Century, 11-POP Century,'09-POP Century,'08-POP Century,'07-A.S.Mu and POP Century,'06-Wilderness Lodge,'05-Carribean Beach, '05-A.S.Sp, '04-Wilderness Lodge,'03-A.S.Sp, and Many More
DM: DD: DB 27: DB 25: DSIL 24: Me 21:
CURRENT THREAD: "Good Morning! No Sleeping!"- A Mother Daughter January Get Away
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #154
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger
 
twinklebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk
Posts: 6,693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
For those of you who are upset because of the bake goods and not because of the coffee here is some good news for you!

https://twitter.com/ricklessss/statu...194753/photo/1

For me personally this was GREAT news considering I was pretty much only concerned about the baked goods. Those of you who are upset about the coffee that part unfortunately does remain the same as before.
Hope remains Thank you for sharing.


My concern really goes deeper than this refurb and addition of the Starbucks machines, which doesn't bother me at all. It has to do with the pastry kitchens themselves. Over the years Disney has homogenized the offerings at many of the pastry locations simply due to the fact that they run only 3(?) kitchens (I believe the actual Bakery locations are: Boardwalk, the Grand Floridian and Contemporary). MSB stood out from the crowd with it's offerings, yet, as I understood it does not run it's own kitchen. I have looked on and off for the past 24 hours to see if MSB does in fact have a kitchen back there but have come up with nothing. If it does, that's great news and we shouldn't fear about them tampering with the items. Disney could use the refurb as an excuse to change the recipes to the same ones offered in other locations making it easier on the bakeries.

... side note... I do suspect the sandwiches may disappear... Haven't heard any concern over those though, don't think they're too popular.
I now return you to the arguments in progress...
__________________
.......... .. ..

Last edited by twinklebug; 11-13-2012 at 11:29 AM.
twinklebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 PM   #155
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't
 
goofyintoronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 9,389

I havent gone thru the other posts...but just incase it hasnt been mentioned here: i thought i'd update everyone on the pastries at MSB. They made another announcement yesterday (official announcement from Disney). here it is:

UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-next-year/


So happy all the faves remain! Glad to hear the ice cream sandwiches will be available at the Plaza ice cream parlor.
__________________


........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........







AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW





I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #156
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".
 
DznyCrzy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 894 miles from the magic!
Posts: 1,634

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto
I havent gone thru the other posts...but just incase it hasnt been mentioned here: i thought i'd update everyone on the pastries at MSB. They made another announcement yesterday (official announcement from Disney). here it is:

UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-next-year/

So happy all the faves remain! Glad to hear the ice cream sandwiches will be available at the Plaza ice cream parlor.
That's great to hear!!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
__________________
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #157
DaisyD
Nothing like crunchy milk in the morning!
Guess I'll be checking my swords with the luggage
I am a closet Ragamuffin eater!
 
DaisyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,451

I don't get it. Many years ago it was sponsored by Sara Lee for heaven sakes. LOL It's not like this is some new concept. I'm so looking forward to this change and I hope its true for the one in Epcot too. That place was so run down it will be nice to have it there too.
DaisyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #158
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)
 
Jazzabelle508's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Not close enough to Disney
Posts: 822

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyD View Post
I don't get it. Many years ago it was sponsored by Sara Lee for heaven sakes. LOL It's not like this is some new concept. I'm so looking forward to this change and I hope its true for the one in Epcot too. That place was so run down it will be nice to have it there too.
Supposibly the one in EPCOT is being totally redone. I'm not sure if that is true or not but supposbily it was in the inital announcement which to me wasn't very clear.
__________________
12-POP Century, 11-POP Century,'09-POP Century,'08-POP Century,'07-A.S.Mu and POP Century,'06-Wilderness Lodge,'05-Carribean Beach, '05-A.S.Sp, '04-Wilderness Lodge,'03-A.S.Sp, and Many More
DM: DD: DB 27: DB 25: DSIL 24: Me 21:
CURRENT THREAD: "Good Morning! No Sleeping!"- A Mother Daughter January Get Away
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #159
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mt Kisco, NY
Posts: 1,327

in a nutshell- VULGAR!!!! Walt would not be happy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
I havent gone thru the other posts...but just incase it hasnt been mentioned here: i thought i'd update everyone on the pastries at MSB. They made another announcement yesterday (official announcement from Disney). here it is:

UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...pen-next-year/


So happy all the faves remain! Glad to hear the ice cream sandwiches will be available at the Plaza ice cream parlor.

okay...well i feel a bit better....i stopped at the bakery with my daughter every night on our way out of the MK....
__________________
Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #160
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mt Kisco, NY
Posts: 1,327

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
YES! This is my worry too. The pastries! LOL! As long as they keep most of the goodies, im happy.
the goodies yes, but also the feel, the atmosphere, the style, the feel, the smells....the uniqueness is what makes it special- besides the goodies of course!!
__________________
Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.