Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #136
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

I took a peek at the other threads about Starbucks, and surprisingly this is the most civil of those threads.

I do caution those who are partaking in the heat of discussion - certain topics have been banned in the past. I don't think we want coffee added to the list
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #137
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
I took a peek at the other threads about Starbucks, and surprisingly this is the most civil of those threads.

I do caution those who are partaking in the heat of discussion - certain topics have been banned in the past. I don't think we want coffee added to the list
Starbucks seems to be a very heated topic Who knew there was so much hatred over a cup of coffee?

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #138
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Starbucks seems to be a very heated topic Who knew there was so much hatred over a cup of coffee?
it's because Starbucks (or fourbucks or *$) creates a lot of resentment among certain people. for some it is because it is too expensive, for some the company is too progressive in its stance on social issues, for some it is too yuppie, for some it is fancy drinks for fancy people. i'm sure there are other reasons.

amazingly, a lot of people would prefer to have nescafe served.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #139
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry but this is no different to you (or anyone else ) posting constantly about your dislike to Starbucks, the chosen location or the beloved cinnamon rolls/Main St or something else.

No one is targeting you personally, however there are a few people (myself included) who have posted most rigorously on this issue. Those people will get some quotes and replies then anyone else simply because of the sheer number of posts.
Repeating is repeating, and everyone feels what they post is gold, obviously, it is their opinion. I used you as example, personally have nothing against number of your posts. And yes, I was targeted personally as poster counts my posts and not yours or anyone else from your side and you know you guys repeat same thing, nothing new is said, maybe even more then me as I joined debate later then others. BTW, I never said I dislike SB, you saw my posts, you should know that by now.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 PM   #140
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
it's because Starbucks (or fourbucks or *$) creates a lot of resentment among certain people. for some it is because it is too expensive, for some the company is too progressive in its stance on social issues, for some it is too yuppie, for some it is fancy drinks for fancy people. i'm sure there are other reasons.

If we're talking about an expensive corporation, check out Disney! Disney isn't a charity and to holiday there is very expensive. Compared to a Venti Latte... well there is no comparison.

I must admit, I don't understand the resentment. If you don't like the coffee, don't buy it. However Starbucks is not that expensive (Disney charge the same as Starbucks does for an iced coffee ($4) however Disney offers you 16oz, Starbucks gives you 31oz)

If people prefer Nescafe, it will still be available, however so will Starbucks. I won't drink Nescafe, you don't have to drink Starbucks. No one is forcing anyone to buy it or pour it down someones throat.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #141
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:

I'm not reading that at all... What I read is people are afraid of change. They're comfortable with the way things are and worry the change will remove the elements of the MSB they have grown comfortable with.

I worry too, but I know Disney has changed many things for the best and we just have to put our faith out there that they'll do a great job.

I'm looking forward to Mint Mocha Lattes during the holidays and a beautiful seating area Hoping this will be combined with my son's favorite over-sized cinnamon roll so he wants to sit with me for awhile.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #142
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If we're talking about an expensive corporation, check out Disney! Disney isn't a charity and to holiday there is very expensive. Compared to a Venti Latte... well there is no comparison.

I must admit, I don't understand the resentment. If you don't like the coffee, don't buy it. However Starbucks is not that expensive (Disney charge the same as Starbucks does for an iced coffee ($4) however Disney offers you 16oz, Starbucks gives you 31oz)

If people prefer Nescafe, it will still be available, however so will Starbucks. I won't drink Nescafe, you don't have to drink Starbucks. No one is forcing anyone to buy it or pour it down someones throat.
Yeah, I don't understand it either. But it's there. For some reason Starbucks is a lightning rod.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #143
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Repeating is repeating, and everyone feels what they post is gold, obviously, it is their opinion. I used you as example, personally have nothing against number of your posts. And yes, I was targeted personally as poster counts my posts and not yours or anyone else from your side and you know you guys repeat same thing, nothing new is said, maybe even more then me as I joined debate later then others. BTW, I never said I dislike SB, you saw my posts, you should know that by now.
I know you never said you disliked SB, my post was more general except the part I meant for you. Nothing personal.

I understand some people love Starbucks, some hate it (whether for the coffee or other reasons) and most people couldn't care less! Certain people are taking it to the extreme (not you specifically) but cancelling holidays or saying the whole magic is ruined. Starbucks coming in is no different to Coca Cold, Edy's Ice Cream, Kodak or anything else that is clearly present on Main St.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #144
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not reading that at all... What I read is people are afraid of change. They're comfortable with the way things are and worry the change will remove the elements of the MSB they have grown comfortable with.

I worry too, but I know Disney has changed many things for the best and we just have to put our faith out there that they'll do a great job.

I'm looking forward to Mint Mocha Lattes during the holidays and a beautiful seating area Hoping this will be combined with my son's favorite over-sized cinnamon roll so he wants to sit with me for awhile.
I agree, there are a bunch of folks in the afraid of change camp. but there have also been a whole bunch of posts about how it would be better if it was dunkin, i hate starbucks and everything it stands for, omg it's so expensive, it's bitter and burnt, etc.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #145
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Never had their cinnamon roll but love their homemade icecream sandwiches (the one without the paper icecream bag, not the prepackaged kind). Yes, I too hope they keep the Victorian era of Main Street.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #146
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know you never said you disliked SB, my post was more general except the part I meant for you. Nothing personal.

I understand some people love Starbucks, some hate it (whether for the coffee or other reasons) and most people couldn't care less! Certain people are taking it to the extreme (not you specifically) but cancelling holidays or saying the whole magic is ruined. Starbucks coming in is no different to Coca Cold, Edy's Ice Cream, Kodak or anything else that is clearly present on Main St.
I never supported extreme cases but you know, those are their opinions, no better nor worse then yours or mine. And I do not think all the opposition is because of SB anyway. You know my position and many feel just the same. I know for some MSB is just another store to buy pastries, for some it is much more. Different people, different opinions, and it is totally fine as long as we respect each other and act as adults.

HO HO HO
Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #147
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I never supported extreme cases but you know, those are their opinions, no better nor worse then yours or mine. And I do not think all the opposition is because of SB anyway. You know my position and many feel just the same. I know for some MSB is just another store to buy pastries, for some it is much more. Different people, different opinions, and it is totally fine as long as we respect each other and act as adults.
I'm with you on all of these points.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #148
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm with you on all of these points.
Glad we had this talk!

HO HO HO
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #149
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:

VERY excellent point. To say the magic is ruined is a little extreme. Esp since SB isnt even open and running yet. We dont know what it'll look like. So ppl need to chill, have faith in disney, and wait to see what happens. Good point about Edy's & Coca Cola btw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug

Definitely would be nice wouldnt it? I love mint mocha lattes!!!! YUM!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #150
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
and they probably love Disney pizza too!

Nescafe, what a dismal thought!

I don't get it, it's a bakery, I'm more upset about the baked goods, the pastries, the croissants, the cinnamon rolls, etc., but everybody is stuck on the coffee debate!

There's a reason Disney is "Coke" country, they gave Disney the best deal, and I'm sure that's how Starbucks got their way in! Disney should however retain the name of Main st. Bakery, it's an institution!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: