Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #286
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Does anyone know if I can buy MVMCP tickets at Disneyland for the WDW event? I'd like to get the military pricing as early as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
No. The ticketing systems are not compatible. The only ticket that can be purchased at both locations is the Disney Premier Pass.
I haven't read all 19 pages to see if someone responds on this, however they will sell tickets to military members on the day of even if the party is sold out so you should not miss out on this discount! HTH!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #287
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikita View Post
Hi, Thought you would like this. http://kennythepirate.com/
This list is awesome! My son just did a Broadway Jr. Aladdin musical and played Aladdin so any opportunity to meet Aladdin characters will be a hit! I know he'll want to meet Phineus & Ferb as well! Sounds like a lot of running around for autographs. I hope the lines aren't too bad on the 6th, since we have a 2 year old as well, but it should be fun! I think we're going to try to do Santa at DTD on arrival day or earlier in the day when we got MVMCP since we're not using a park ticket that day. Thanks for sharing the list!

Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #288
yolie912
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
They're on the SotMK card that's being given out at the party.
Thanks!!
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #289
SilentK
Mouseketeer

I'd be really interested to know which characters at MVMCP have Photopass photographers. Dies anyone know of any historical lists or similar? I know it changes, but it would be nice to have an idea as DH and I prioritise those ones first.
SilentK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #290
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Sorry to ask this again...

Someone asked what the prep and landing cards were and the response was that they were on the SotMK card being given out at the party.

As we've never attended MVMCP before, I still have no idea what these are.

Any explanation? TIA
philatiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #291
BlakeNJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger

Someone asked what the prep and landing cards were and the response was that they were on the SotMK card being given out at the party.

Any explanation? TIA
SotMK is Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom. Its an in-park virtual game. Similar to the Kim Possible mission in Epcot. In the MK case, you collect cards. During MVMCP a special event only card is issued for the game.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #292
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
I haven't read all 19 pages to see if someone responds on this, however they will sell tickets to military members on the day of even if the party is sold out so you should not miss out on this discount! HTH!
Check out the Disney Military Tip website for all of the updated news.

It seems to be changing day by day as they are encountering issues.

As of last posting, even if the party is sold out, they will still sell Military Tickets.

HTH!

NicoleK1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #293
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post

Any explanation? TIA
There's a picture of the card here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/mvmcp.htm
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #294
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I went Friday night, and thought it was *okay*. The Halloween party is much, much better. The fireworks were not all that great and the parade was my least favorite of any I've seen.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #295
itsdisneytime
oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?

My opinion on MVMCP

I am usually the last person to voice my opinion on here because I've seen honest situations where folks get blasted for their two cents: With that being said I do feel that Ive got an obligation to give my opinion to those who may be struggling with the decision on whether or not to go to the MVMCP.

I have been going to Disney once sometimes twice a year to Disney for the past 6 years .. I travel alone with my now DD10 ... last October we did our very first MNSSHP and this past Friday we did our first MVMCP.

I personally feel that the MNSSHP is the better of the two and would be the one not to miss if at all possible. I thought I would NEVER say that considering the die hard Christmas Fanatic I am but I found this party to leave me wondering why I paid extra for it. The cookies & cocoa stations were mobbed with people, the decorations were average -- I like the scented floats in the parade but I still feel that the Halloween Party won hands down.

It was a bonus that they had the Belle new attraction open and the Little Mermaid ride was open and that made the cost seem a little more worthwhile but, I would suggest to anyone in doubt, pick Halloween.

On a side note: I did however LOVE LOVE LOVE the Osbourne Festival of Lights and am glad that I was around for the Christmas Festivities over at Hollywood. Maybe next year I can time my stay to where I make the last Halloween Party and the First Osbourne Lights Day. <3

Shannon
itsdisneytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #296
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Thank you both for the honest feedback! We decided to attend in lieu of getting an extra days park ticket on top of our military park hoppers. It is something we haven't done and I'm a travel agent who gets asked about it so I figured it was a good year to try it out all things considered. I hope we're not disappointed, but we haven't done the Halloween party either so we don't have much to compare it to! I think maybe next trip we'll try to hit the MNSCHP though! Again, I really appreciate honest feedback! No matter which point of view you have I always like to hear the pros and the cons!

Disney Magic - 3/2014
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #297
BlakeNJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdisneytime
I am usually the last person to voice my opinion on here because I've seen honest situations where folks get blasted for their two cents: With that being said I do feel that Ive got an obligation to give my opinion to those who may be struggling with the decision on whether or not to go to the MVMCP.

I have been going to Disney once sometimes twice a year to Disney for the past 6 years .. I travel alone with my now DD10 ... last October we did our very first MNSSHP and this past Friday we did our first MVMCP.

I personally feel that the MNSSHP is the better of the two and would be the one not to miss if at all possible. I thought I would NEVER say that considering the die hard Christmas Fanatic I am but I found this party to leave me wondering why I paid extra for it. The cookies & cocoa stations were mobbed with people, the decorations were average -- I like the scented floats in the parade but I still feel that the Halloween Party won hands down.

It was a bonus that they had the Belle new attraction open and the Little Mermaid ride was open and that made the cost seem a little more worthwhile but, I would suggest to anyone in doubt, pick Halloween.

On a side note: I did however LOVE LOVE LOVE the Osbourne Festival of Lights and am glad that I was around for the Christmas Festivities over at Hollywood. Maybe next year I can time my stay to where I make the last Halloween Party and the First Osbourne Lights Day. <3
For those that prefer the Halloween party, do you think if you've never been to Halloween you'd still feel it was a let down? I don't have anything to compare it to. I just plunked down $300+ for my family, plus an extra night we normally wouldn't be staying. I want to love it! I think my kids 10,8 & 5 will be thrilled. The dance parties sound fun. I don't like to hear the cookie stations are mobbed!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #298
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeNJ

For those that prefer the Halloween party, do you think if you've never been to Halloween you'd still feel it was a let down? I don't have anything to compare it to. I just plunked down $300+ for my family, plus an extra night we normally wouldn't be staying. I want to love it! I think my kids 10,8 & 5 will be thrilled. The dance parties sound fun. I don't like to hear the cookie stations are mobbed!
I do not think MVMCP would be a let down if you've never done MNSSHP. I think they should both be experienced at least once anyway.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #299
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I do not think MVMCP would be a let down if you've never done MNSSHP. I think they should both be experienced at least once anyway.
I agree.

I have done both, and do prefer MNSSHP, but only because we are character hunters. MVMCP just doesn't have as many. But if I take that element out, I probably prefer MVMCP. I love sitting on Main Street watching those toy soldiers march by, with the snow falling overhead. It's really quite wonderful.

You know, once you karate chop your way through 20K or so other guests to get there. (But that part's the same for both Halloween and Christmas).
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #300
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I agree.

I have done both, and do prefer MNSSHP, but only because we are character hunters. MVMCP just doesn't have as many. But if I take that element out, I probably prefer MVMCP. I love sitting on Main Street watching those toy soldiers march by, with the snow falling overhead. It's really quite wonderful.

You know, once you karate chop your way through 20K or so other guests to get there. (But that part's the same for both Halloween and Christmas).
Agreed also. I love MNSSHP. But, our vacation times that we can take are during the early part of Dec. I do think it is better than the Christmas Party. But that being said, there is a certain atmosphere that goes along with the snow on Main Street and the lights on the castle that I don't get with a regular ticket.

We tour differently now that our kids are grown and most, if not all, our trips are as 2 adults. So, we go for the atmosphere and the short ride lines. No character hunting or dance parties. Just a lot of people watching and atmosphee!

Kelly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: