Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #3376
aroundtheriverbend
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Davidson, NC
Posts: 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
More good news! DD1 is now over 48 inches tall and DD2 is over 40 inches tall!
Let the good times roll! Those are HUGE ride milestones! My youngest just hit 48 inches in May - can now ride most of the big stuff as well as Harry Potter! That one caused a big old meltdown 2 years ago when son could ride and she couldn't. Congrats!
__________________


Me DH DS10 DD8
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #3377
bartleyosu
Ohio State Mouse Fan
 
bartleyosu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Republic, Ohio
Posts: 156

We were there in December 2 years ago too. Had record breaking days of 32 degrees two days in a row! And the rest of the days were long pants and jackets. You could tell who was from up north and who were the southern people by how many clothes they were wearing! It was cold, but I think we weathered it a bit better than those not used to it. BTW, we're from the Akron area. Don't know where Republic is located. Is it near a larger city?


BAHAHA! Now that I can stop laughing, no Republic is a village that I actually live outside of. It is near Tiffin, hour south of Toledo. It is really small but that is what we like about it. That was the frozen Christmas we were at too, two years ago. I am taking a coat this time! have a great trip. We leave in 7 DAYS
__________________
The Bartleys
1983 offsite 1st MK only, 1988 as tour escort offsite
1990 with hubby to be offsite, 2000 with boys and DH ASMovie
2006-7 POFQ/POP 10 days of Christmas, 2009 POP June 2-9
Christmas 12/19 - 12/24/2010 at POFQ POP 8/6 -8/8/11 then Fountains -8/14/11

November 21-26 2012 Thanksgivng at Riverside: Pop June 2013 POFQ April 2014 SSR December 2014

bartleyosu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #3378
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle
 
Smileybug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,620

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I have great news! My daughter and her family are going to be able to make if for Thanksgiving after all!!! Our DSIL found out they are closing up at 2pm on Wednesday, so they can make the trip after all. I'm soooo excited!! AND my other DD and her family might be able to come too. We will know later today or tomorrow. I'm in heaven. All this and then a trip to Disney. What more could I ask for??

Have a great day everyone!

Awww..... How wonderful for all of you!!
__________________
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #3379
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14
 
mrsap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,120

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2
I have great news! My daughter and her family are going to be able to make if for Thanksgiving after all!!! Our DSIL found out they are closing up at 2pm on Wednesday, so they can make the trip after all. I'm soooo excited!! AND my other DD and her family might be able to come too. We will know later today or tomorrow. I'm in heaven. All this and then a trip to Disney. What more could I ask for??

Have a great day everyone!
Congrats so exciting!! It will be great!! Enjoy!!!
__________________
"What do you mean there are other places to vacation besides Disney?!"

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #3380
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate
 
mommyof3princess27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Too far from Disney
Posts: 6,055

Congrats to all the plans for Thanksgiving and family coming. 13 days !!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #3381
disney mom of 6
Mouseketeer
 
disney mom of 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 119

2 weeks for us! When I say 2 weeks it sounds much closer than 14 days. The older ds and fiance were here tonight and they made shirts for Chef Mickey's. We had a lot of fun. I also did 3 more iron on shirts today and packed a few more things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
I made the tutus from Joann's today for the girls. Snow White and Belle.
Good Job! Very cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo3PrincessesInNJ View Post
So we’re back from our first family vacation and it was amazing!
So glad you had a great trip and are already planning another. Loved reading about your trip thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachygreen View Post
With 4 day to go before we leave - I actually finished everything on my list! I counted it up last night when I was done. This is a 9 day trip. I made 11 dresses, 9 skirts and 19 tee-shirts. 1 dress and 1 skirt are for my neice. 3 Tees are for my nephew. 2 tees are for my neice and 2 tees (1 each) for the older neices. The rest for my 2 girls.
That was a lot of work and everything looks amazing! Twirling is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
9 days for us!!! Finished all of our sewing this weekend which is a huge relief, I can breathe now. I have most of my little ones clothes set aside and just have to hit target to pick up a few little things we need. Here is my attempt to post some images....

Everything looks really great. The camera strap is really neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codimouse View Post
We leave and arrive in 5 days!!!!

Arrive the 17th and leave the 23rd. Only 1 ADR for Chef Mickeys on the 18 at 8am.

We are flying in and out of Tampa and staying at Windsor Palms. At $61 a night for 3 bedrooms I can't complain.

I've been sick and actually still in bed. I went to the ER yesterday and was diagnosed with a respiratory infection. Big YUCK! I have the suitcases out but not packed. I have so much to do this week. Kids school programs, work on Tuesday and Wednesday, Twilight on Thursday and housecleaning Friday. No time to be sick.

But 5 days!!! Woohoo

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Hope you feel better quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic2 View Post
I have great news! My daughter and her family are going to be able to make if for Thanksgiving after all!!! Our DSIL found out they are closing up at 2pm on Wednesday, so they can make the trip after all. I'm soooo excited!! AND my other DD and her family might be able to come too. We will know later today or tomorrow. I'm in heaven. All this and then a trip to Disney. What more could I ask for??

Have a great day everyone!
Yay!!!
__________________
Me DH DS DS DD DD DD DS

disney mom of 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #3382
pkirkbri
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21

Final packing after work and GS cookie mom training tomorrow night. We'll be waking the kids up at 5:30 AM on Wednesday morning to tell them we are heading to the airport to go to Disney. Can't believe we've been able to keep the secret.
__________________
pkirkbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #3383
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran
 
kaileighbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 522

8 DAYS!!!!
__________________
ASSports/ASMovies Jan 2014 Art Of Animation Nov/Dec 2012 POP July 2010 ASMusic December 2009
Surprise Trip....Can we pull it off? PTR/Trip Highlights
(ME) (DH) (DS 18) (DD 9)
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #3384
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirkbri View Post
Final packing after work and GS cookie mom training tomorrow night. We'll be waking the kids up at 5:30 AM on Wednesday morning to tell them we are heading to the airport to go to Disney. Can't believe we've been able to keep the secret.
for keeping the secret! That will be so awesome. Hope you get some great pics of the event...bedhead and all! Have a magical trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleyosu View Post

BAHAHA! Now that I can stop laughing, no Republic is a village that I actually live outside of. It is near Tiffin, hour south of Toledo. It is really small but that is what we like about it. That was the frozen Christmas we were at too, two years ago. I am taking a coat this time! have a great trip. We leave in 7 DAYS
Got it! I like smaller towns as well. Our son and his wife live in Toledo. We'll be taking our coats this year as well. Hope we don't need them! Have fun on your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaileighbug View Post
8 DAYS!!!!
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #3385
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran
 
squirrel4569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frisco, Texas
Posts: 904

Another day another milestone. Got our grocery shopping done for the trip. We've got road food plus food and supplies for the hotel. Took the kids with us, which was a little precarious but they didn't question anything. Of course today DD1 wanted some of the snacks we bought for school and the small boxes of cereal for breakfast. I had to lie and tell her those were for me to take to work since I don't eat breakfast at home.

Tonight we're picking up our pre-order of Brave from the Disney Store and getting T-shirts to make shirts with. The kids are going to a friend's house for the evening while we do this so hopefully we can get it done in time.

Looking at the weather and it looks a little bi-polar. Mid 70's during the day and upper 40's low 50's at night! With the time change it'll be darker and colder soon too. Not sure if there will be any swimming on this trip but the daytime should be nice. Just will have to bring along sweatshirts and hoodies to stay warm. We're bringing our coffee maker and a bottle of irish cream to keep us warm!

Hope everyone has a good day.

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!
__________________
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #3386
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer
 
uscgmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 413

We are 6 days out!!! I am about to lose it! I want to clean the house and get all the laundry done before we leave. I feel like I just don't have enough time. We only own 3 suitcases and there are 3 of us for 12 days!!! I am borrowing a suitcase from a friend and hope that I can cram all of our crap into the 4 suitcases.

We are flying and I know I can buy food in the terminal but can I bring a snack for my son? Or is food on the plane a no no?

Feeling the pressure!!! Cannot wait to get to FL!
__________________
uscgmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #3387
peachygreen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,307

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
We are 6 days out!!! I am about to lose it! I want to clean the house and get all the laundry done before we leave. I feel like I just don't have enough time. We only own 3 suitcases and there are 3 of us for 12 days!!! I am borrowing a suitcase from a friend and hope that I can cram all of our crap into the 4 suitcases.

We are flying and I know I can buy food in the terminal but can I bring a snack for my son? Or is food on the plane a no no?

Feeling the pressure!!! Cannot wait to get to FL!
Yes you can bring a snack on the plane. The only restrictions are to liquids and gels. I bring applesauce (the kind that doesn't require a spoon) through for my DD everytime I fly with her and have never had it questioned (nor do I declare it). I would stay away from any drinks or things like fruit cups with juice. Finger foods that are easy to clean and self contained are the best.
__________________
Family - Me Kristie-37, DH James-37, DD1 Megan-7, DD2 Alice-3

Family Trips to see the Mouse: WDW - October 2008, Nov 2012; DLR - May 2009, Oct 2012; DCL Magic - February 2011; DCL Magic - July 2012; DCL Fantasy - March 2013 Upcoming DCL - Wonder June 2014
peachygreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #3388
LyndenP
Mouseketeer
 
LyndenP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 97

Its our last partial day here but I heard word that they were letting non pass holders into New Fantasyland today. Unfortunately my wife and I heard a little too late. Was a busy last few days here at the World, but it has cleared out a bit. Weather was great and I hope you all have a wonderful trip.
__________________
Me DWife

LyndenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #3389
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......
 
CarolinaMomOf3boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Another day another milestone. Got our grocery shopping done for the trip. We've got road food plus food and supplies for the hotel. Took the kids with us, which was a little precarious but they didn't question anything. Of course today DD1 wanted some of the snacks we bought for school and the small boxes of cereal for breakfast. I had to lie and tell her those were for me to take to work since I don't eat breakfast at home.

Tonight we're picking up our pre-order of Brave from the Disney Store and getting T-shirts to make shirts with. The kids are going to a friend's house for the evening while we do this so hopefully we can get it done in time.

Looking at the weather and it looks a little bi-polar. Mid 70's during the day and upper 40's low 50's at night! With the time change it'll be darker and colder soon too. Not sure if there will be any swimming on this trip but the daytime should be nice. Just will have to bring along sweatshirts and hoodies to stay warm. We're bringing our coffee maker and a bottle of irish cream to keep us warm!

Hope everyone has a good day.

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

I have been watching the weather, too...made it hard to pack a pair of shorts and jeans for each day, plus jackets and coats in case its needed...congrats on the milestones....we leave tomorrow at 11 am, staying in savannah for the night...and i am panicking that its not done LOL


Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
We are 6 days out!!! I am about to lose it! I want to clean the house and get all the laundry done before we leave. I feel like I just don't have enough time. We only own 3 suitcases and there are 3 of us for 12 days!!! I am borrowing a suitcase from a friend and hope that I can cram all of our crap into the 4 suitcases.

We are flying and I know I can buy food in the terminal but can I bring a snack for my son? Or is food on the plane a no no?

Feeling the pressure!!! Cannot wait to get to FL!
Deep Breaths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndenP View Post
Its our last partial day here but I heard word that they were letting non pass holders into New Fantasyland today. Unfortunately my wife and I heard a little too late. Was a busy last few days here at the World, but it has cleared out a bit. Weather was great and I hope you all have a wonderful trip.
Have a safe trip home!!
__________________




My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
CarolinaMomOf3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #3390
disneychic2
DIS Veteran
 
disneychic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,136

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Another day another milestone. Got our grocery shopping done for the trip. We've got road food plus food and supplies for the hotel. Took the kids with us, which was a little precarious but they didn't question anything. Of course today DD1 wanted some of the snacks we bought for school and the small boxes of cereal for breakfast. I had to lie and tell her those were for me to take to work since I don't eat breakfast at home.

Tonight we're picking up our pre-order of Brave from the Disney Store and getting T-shirts to make shirts with. The kids are going to a friend's house for the evening while we do this so hopefully we can get it done in time.

Looking at the weather and it looks a little bi-polar. Mid 70's during the day and upper 40's low 50's at night! With the time change it'll be darker and colder soon too. Not sure if there will be any swimming on this trip but the daytime should be nice. Just will have to bring along sweatshirts and hoodies to stay warm. We're bringing our coffee maker and a bottle of irish cream to keep us warm!

Hope everyone has a good day.

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!
You're becoming quite the accomplished liar! All for a good cause! Bi-polar certainly describes the weather down there at this time of year! Sounds like you'll be prepared, though. Good luck with the shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndenP View Post
Its our last partial day here but I heard word that they were letting non pass holders into New Fantasyland today. Unfortunately my wife and I heard a little too late. Was a busy last few days here at the World, but it has cleared out a bit. Weather was great and I hope you all have a wonderful trip.
Sorry you missed out on FL. Hope your trip was awesome. Be safe getting home, and come and tell us all about your time down there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaMomOf3boys View Post
I have been watching the weather, too...made it hard to pack a pair of shorts and jeans for each day, plus jackets and coats in case its needed...congrats on the milestones....we leave tomorrow at 11 am, staying in savannah for the night...and i am panicking that its not done LOL
Have a fun and safe trip to Disney and then a perfectly magical time while there!
__________________
disneychic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: