Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #571
glorania
Earning My Ears

1 more month!

30 more days til our first trip to WDW!!! Haven't got our Mickey Mail yet, when should i expect it? Also not sure about Photopass, we're not doing character breakfasts so is it better to go with the basic? Can someone point me to a link where i can read more on it? What are your personal thoughts?
Also can't wait to go to MVMCP Dec 13th, has anyone been yet?
Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #572
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorania View Post
Also not sure about Photopass, we're not doing character breakfasts so is it better to go with the basic? Can someone point me to a link where i can read more on it?
Here's one.

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #573
TommyB3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
30 more days til our first trip to WDW!!! Haven't got our Mickey Mail yet, when should i expect it? Also not sure about Photopass, we're not doing character breakfasts so is it better to go with the basic? Can someone point me to a link where i can read more on it? What are your personal thoughts?
Looks like I'll be in Pop Century the same time as you. We got our mail and luggage tags on thursday or friday of last week. Hopefully it comes tomorrow for you. And I'll be at MVMCP on the 13th too.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #574
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

24 hours from now I will be at the airport...waiting for our flight to Pop! Packing and the pre-vacation frenzy has begun!
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #575
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Did you book a package or a room only reservation? You don't get mail with a RO; just with a package. Your confirmation information is on the website should you need that for either type of reservation.

You would get an envelope from Magical Express if you booked ME. That typically arrives about a month before your trip, but I've received my ME stuff as close as 4 days before departure.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #576
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
24 hours from now I will be at the airport...waiting for our flight to Pop! Packing and the pre-vacation frenzy has begun!
Have a POPtastic time!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB3 View Post
Looks like I'll be in Pop Century the same time as you. We got our mail and luggage tags on thursday or friday of last week. Hopefully it comes tomorrow for you. And I'll be at MVMCP on the 13th too.
Have a wonderful time!!

glorania ... hope Mickey Mail arrives very soon... See the note from Sandi (who always on the ball ) ....

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #577
PrinceAdam
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone,

Fairly new to booking everything myself. Will be staying at POP and will be POPPING the question as a big surprise our first night at WDW. Is there a way to put in requests online or must I call.

I read in this thread about how there's no guarantee of a King but I would really like to try to get one lol.

Also can you request what era you're in. 60's looked fun but if it's better to only put in a King request to up my chances of it being honored than I would scrap that.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #578
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceAdam View Post
Hey everyone,

Fairly new to booking everything myself. Will be staying at POP and will be POPPING the question as a big surprise our first night at WDW. Is there a way to put in requests online or must I call.

I read in this thread about how there's no guarantee of a King but I would really like to try to get one lol.

Also can you request what era you're in. 60's looked fun but if it's better to only put in a King request to up my chances of it being honored than I would scrap that.

Thanks!
Call and request a King room. They are not plentiful, so if it is very important to you, I would make that my only request.

You can do on-line check in 10 days prior to your check in date. I do not believe that king rooms are an option to choose during the on-line check in -- someone will correct me if I'm wrong. You can make up to two selections from such things as decade section, ground floor, and lake view. Personally, if all you really want is the king room, I'd just call and ask for that and be done. I'm not sure on-line check in will help you. When you check in at the resort, ask whether the room you were assigned is a king room. If not, ask if they can reassign you to a king room. They'll try to accommodate you.

Good luck on your room assignment and on your proposal!

Old 11-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #579
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered before. Our reservations were made with a TA and they have taken care of our specific room requests,etc. My question is....can I still take advantage of online check-in? or will that not be an option?
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #580
derrickmom
DIS Veteran

TOMORROW and it is our turn at the POP

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #581
DisneyLover75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmom View Post
TOMORROW and it is our turn at the POP
Us too!!!! So excited!

Meanwhile does anybody know if there's an ipod docking station in the rooms? To charge the ipod touch? I'm not bringing a computer so I'll need somewhere to charge it. A usb port that charges? Something?
1983- Offsite,1987- Offsite, 1992-Dixie Landings(POR),1993-Dixie Landings(POR), 2005 -Pop Century,2006- All Star Movies,2007- Wilderness Lodge,2008 -All Star Music, 2009- All Star Sports, 2010- Coronado Springs, 2011- All Star Music, 2012-Pop Century, 2013- French Quarter 2014- Wilderness Lodge
Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #582
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover75 View Post
Us too!!!! So excited!

Meanwhile does anybody know if there's an ipod docking station in the rooms? To charge the ipod touch? I'm not bringing a computer so I'll need somewhere to charge it. A usb port that charges? Something?
Unless something has been added very recently, no, there's no USB charging devices in the Pop rooms.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 11-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #583
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Unless something has been added very recently, no, there's no USB charging devices in the Pop rooms.
We were there in August and there is no docking station or other charging device. The poster whose question you were responding to should bring his/her own charger for the iPod.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #584
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered before. Our reservations were made with a TA and they have taken care of our specific room requests,etc. My question is....can I still take advantage of online check-in? or will that not be an option?
As long as your TA gives you the Disney reservation number you can do online check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
We were there in August and there is no docking station or other charging device. The poster whose question you were responding to should bring his/her own charger for the iPod.
Nothing in September or October either.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: