Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Well, it happened!...the Dream 2/7/13.

Just realized there are separate pre and post TR sections here. I'll start a TR there!

It was a dark and stormy night.

No no. I don't even remember the details of how this all started; I just know that my Floridian cousins started talking about their Dream cruise Feb '12 (they were allowed to talk about it, considering we went to visit them at their home the DAY they disembarked!), and how they are taking one in '13, and I'm fairly certain they asked if we wanted us to join them. We took it as such, at least, and so we are. Cousins, my aunt, altogether, and it won't be around the time of an election (we have some diametrically opposed views that aren't discussed)...it's should be fun.

We were going to bring my MIL, who said she wanted to cruise. Just after getting the go-ahead from her doctors (she has a few pre-existing conditions) and of course getting the expensive pre-existing condition waiver insurance (not available through DCL b/c of the waiver AND because we're in WA), she started having a series of strokes. Oh FABULOUS. So now, along with everything else we're all worried about with her, she can't go. No one, including her doctors, is comfy with that. At least for the next year or so. If everything has stabilized by then and her doctors say OK, then OK. But for February? No, not happening.

So now it's back to the cousins and our little family 'o 3. I'm Molly, the DH is Robert, and we have an 8 year old named Eamon. (said with a long "A", then "mun"...it's Irish)

So that's the partially bare-boned, partially too-much-random-information, rundown of the cruise plan.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 02-25-2013 at 05:50 PM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: