Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Port Excursions Release question

We are doing the 12 day Mediterranean cruise next June. I was wondering when they release what the shore excursions are? Right now it is just saying something about they are not operated by Disney. Just wondering how far out they release them. We are wanting to start looking them over in order to pick what we really want to do. We can't wait.

MichaelH
Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Right now DCL is probably still negotiating with the local vendors. They open shore excursion booking to Platinum passengers 120 days before the cruise, so they generally announce the shore excursions before then.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it would be a little sooner to help pass the winter months away.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Disney often uses the same vendors as other cruise lines. You could search out the shore excursions for other cruises to get ideas.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
detroitdad
Mouseketeer

Was going to ask the same question and you beat me to it. Are you doing the Greece cruise or the Venice one? We are doing Greece. Can't wait!
detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Go to another cruise line or shoretrips.com to see what is out there. DCL's offerings will be very similar.

In Alaska, we found that booking thru Shore Trips saved us about 30% over cruise line booking prices using the same vendor.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
We are doing the 12 day Mediterranean cruise next June. I was wondering when they release what the shore excursions are? Right now it is just saying something about they are not operated by Disney. Just wondering how far out they release them. We are wanting to start looking them over in order to pick what we really want to do. We can't wait.

MichaelH
What I did was to buy the PassPorter 9th Edition and that has some of the excursions that were available for the last time DCL was in the Med! It gives you some but not all. We went on the cruise to Mexican Riviera and were anxious as we were on the first one out back in 2011 and it was crazy trying to get an idea. Then they cancelled Mazatlan days before we left! Everything worked out in the end though. Enjoy!
BTW, we are on the 7 night on 6/8 so I am hoping we will find out soon! But probably not for a while as they do thorough checks on the companies they use.
Later,
Sue
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #8
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
What I did was to buy the PassPorter 9th Edition and that has some of the excursions that were available for the last time DCL was in the Med! It gives you some but not all. We went on the cruise to Mexican Riviera and were anxious as we were on the first one out back in 2011 and it was crazy trying to get an idea. Then they cancelled Mazatlan days before we left! Everything worked out in the end though. Enjoy!
BTW, we are on the 7 night on 6/8 so I am hoping we will find out soon! But probably not for a while as they do thorough checks on the companies they use.
Later,
Sue
This works if you are doing one of the "old" cruises....but if you are doing one of the new ones (Croatia, Venice, Greece, etc), they won't be in the old passporter.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: