Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #16
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

Our DD 12 saves her money for vynalmations, ears, pins, packpacks, jewelry and TShirts, mostly.

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
The Fox Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #17
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

My DD insisted on buying a caricature - she's been fascinated with them for the last 2 years. That was about $30. Then she bought an Ariel coin bank. Her fave princess - which is super pretty.

She bought her first pair of dangly earrings - Mickey ones of course! I liked how the clasp worked - easy and comfortable for her (not just the conventional hook). I haven't allowed her to wear dangly earrings before.

At the end of the trip - I also bought her a drawing book on Disney characters. one of the surprise discoveries of our trip was how much she loved the animation classes. We did one at DHS and then she did another 3 more at DisneyQuest.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #18
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran

Hi
I have two teenagers and twin 10 year olds. They love all that was mentioned plus I would tell your daughter that all my kids love autographs. All the characters will sign autographs. You can buy a book and a special pen before you go.

Also the pick a pearl will cost you more than $20 if you want to put it in jewelry.

My kids most favorite thing to do is not that expensive - it is the penny presses. All throughout Disney they have machines that press pennies with different designs on them. Make sure you bring many quarters and shiny pennies. It cost $.51 and they love it. My kids came home with a dozen pennies.

Enjoy your trip!

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #19
snowcupid
Mouseketeer

My 12 DD is doing penny presses, pick a pearl, ears, adding to her charm bracelet (if this is still available) and most likely adding to her Mr. Potato-head collection. We got a lot of pieces last time, but want to add more. She doesn't really play with him - but likes to have all the different accessories.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #20
candielips
DIS Veteran

We took my niece when she was almost 12. She liked the Sammy Duvall (sp?) shop at dtd as they have a lot of the brand name stuff.
There is also a shop near the alladin magic carpet ride that carries some billabong and other brands.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #21
no capes darling
I never look back, it distracts from the now

My DD has the most fun peeking around at the department store in Japan- all kinds of hello kitty, etc. It's her go-to spot for her vacation treasures. The last trip she got a tote bag featuring a popular 80's era video game.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #22
wfbnancy
Mouseketeer

My daughter and nieces have enjoyed shopping at TrenD in Downtown Disney it is near the Team disney store. They have gotten jewlery that is subtle disney and other items. They like the large disney store at dtd. They also bought a personalized sketch at the Art of Animation and drawing books there.
wfbnancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #23
Northstar
DIS Veteran

Keep in mind that every ride ends in a gift shop.

My DD used to buy stuff related to her favorite rides in the gift shop after getting off the ride. We put time into the touring plan to allow for this, lol.

She particularly like to get little stuffed animals and those big button/pins with slogans.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #24
tinkerbelletreasure
Mouseketeer

My girls end up spending a lot of their money on pins. I think one of them got a purse last time...and mickey ears.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #25
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Another item my DD likes is to have her hair wrapped at DTD. It lasts a few weeks and you pick the color wraps that you want.

Last edited by islandtimect; 11-03-2012 at 11:39 AM.
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
Swirly girls
Mouseketeer

we did pick a pearl, it was $55 --pearls were put in necklaces.
Very pretty, and a nice keepsake.
They each got Ear headbands $ 20
We did penny pressing. Tried to get a penny from each ride, world - came home with a lot. But, they are a nice little souivners.
DW sweatshirts.
Disney Crystal figurines
Candy!
Christmas ornaments ( 1 or 2 each, and 1 " family" ornament.
Small things, like key chains, mugs, stationary, cute pens
Ice cubes
Tumblers
Pillow pets
Large Minnie Mouse plush
2 different souivner popcorn buckets from MNSSHP
Photo album
Miniature character packs

Everything at DW is so cute! We love the shops, especially at magic kingdom and downtown Disney.
Prices are usually the same at all the DW shops. Another words, if you see something, just buy it. There won't be a sale or anything at another store down the street
Swirly girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #27
shellytc
Earning My Ears

Watches

Love all the suggestions. My DS (15) started pin collecting as a tween and still enjoys it now. he will be bringing his with him this Thanksgiving trip.

Might I also suggest a nice watch? Mickey, Minnie or princesses. They are very nice memento's! You can find nice ones on Main Street. We usually spend quiite a bit of time there. Call me old fashioned, but I love a mickey mouse watch with the hands of mickey as the hands of the watch!

shelly
Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #28
nonzerosum
DIS Veteran

Anything with the characters dressed as "nerds". Backpacks, pins, clothes etc. with Fab 5 in their nerd attire. DD tells me nerd is longer a derogatory term, but one that "you own". The nerd items are actually super cute and very tween oriented.
nonzerosum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: