DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
GR36
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 9

Vero Beach as home resort

Hi. I am new to this. I bought into Vero Beach as my home resort via resale. Will it be an issue to book 7 months out and get a stay at a DVC in Disneyworld? Thanks for your help.
GR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
juncker
Mickey Mouse for President
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 276

I think that it really matters for the time of the year that you are after and where you want to stay. I would expect that 95% of the time if you call at the 7 month mark, that something in the World would be available.

Exceptions to this if you were targetting holidays like Easter, Christmas, New Years.

You may end up in some of the bigger resorts such as OKW or SSR, but there is nothing wrong with these. I wish I were there now.

There are certain resort rooms that are more difficult to book (AKV Concierge or Value, BLT Standard view, SSR Treehouses, ....) I don't think that you'll have those available very often, but as long as you plan at the 7 month mark and are flexible as to where you stay that there will be a place available.
__________________
juncker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Cap

DIS / DVC Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Mount Dora, FL, U.S.A.
Posts: 783

It won't like be an issue at 7 months unless you are booking for a peak demand period (e.g. Christmas) and / or want a specific location / view (e.g. Boardwalk Studio with Boardwalk view). If you are willing to take most of the studios / one / two bedroom units, then you should be able to book.

The home resort privilege (11 - 7 months booking) allows the more desirable units to go to those who own at those resorts.
__________________
Cap
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
GR36
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 9

Thank you both very much. This is helpful information. We are always very flexible. I also plan way in advance and will know 7 months out when we want to go. I have stayed at OKW and it is beautiful.
GR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
GR36
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 9

Thank you. So it isn't an issue that the DVC is purchased via resale either?? I appreciate your help. I doubt we would go the peak holiday times and we are flexible on views etc...
GR36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #6
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 8,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36 View Post
Thank you. So it isn't an issue that the DVC is purchased via resale either?? I appreciate your help. I doubt we would go the peak holiday times and we are flexible on views etc...
resale is a non-issue (you just can't trade out of DVC resorts for cruises or disney hotels) but be aware that all of the period from thanksgiving to new years is very busy for booking DVC.

i would not recommend buying vero beach if you primarily intend to stay at wdw. 95% of the time you will be able to get something at 7 months out...it's that 5% of the time when you might get locked out that can bite you.

VB also has the highest annual dues so that will chew up a lot of the savings that you'd get by buying offsite. as a coastal resort, VB is also at a higher risk of getting hit with a special assessment (extra dues) IMO. and if any of the DVC resorts were spun off and out of the DVC system, it would be VB.

if you find a great deal for a VB contract and you don't mind the risk, go ahead and buy. but for slightly more money, you can get a contract at SSR or OKW and be able to book onsite at wdw at 10-11 months out...and SSR contracts also have a longer expiration date...til 2054 (some OKW contracts last till 2057.)
__________________
-Charles

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
mousefan1972
DIS Veteran
 
mousefan1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
resale is a non-issue (you just can't trade out of DVC resorts for cruises or disney hotels) but be aware that all of the period from thanksgiving to new years is very busy for booking DVC.

i would not recommend buying vero beach if you primarily intend to stay at wdw. 95% of the time you will be able to get something at 7 months out...it's that 5% of the time when you might get locked out that can bite you.

VB also has the highest annual dues so that will chew up a lot of the savings that you'd get by buying offsite. as a coastal resort, VB is also at a higher risk of getting hit with a special assessment (extra dues) IMO. and if any of the DVC resorts were spun off and out of the DVC system, it would be VB.

if you find a great deal for a VB contract and you don't mind the risk, go ahead and buy. but for slightly more money, you can get a contract at SSR or OKW and be able to book onsite at wdw at 10-11 months out...and SSR contracts also have a longer expiration date...til 2054 (some OKW contracts last till 2057.)
Pretty sure the OP already bought VB... see bolding below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36 View Post
Hi. I am new to this. I bought into Vero Beach as my home resort via resale. Will it be an issue to book 7 months out and get a stay at a DVC in Disneyworld? Thanks for your help.
mousefan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,380

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR36 View Post
Hi. I am new to this. I bought into Vero Beach as my home resort via resale. Will it be an issue to book 7 months out and get a stay at a DVC in Disneyworld? Thanks for your help.
The problem with HH or VB as home resort for WDW is that you lose the 11 month option which might or might not be an issue now but DVC, esp WDW, is getting increasingly difficult to book. IMO, there is a price difference that makes it worth the risk but I haven't seen that price difference in play yet. The dues are also higher, esp for VB, which will erode part of the savings. OTOH, one that wants to stay at HH or VB routinely but also try for WDW part of the time might very well consider a purchase at one of those 2 options.
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

We have had VB for 7 years and have never had an issue staying at WDW. We do call right when the window opens and there are times we have to be put on a wait list for the resort we want, but we always end up with what we want.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
jaeyee
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOHFan View Post
We have had VB for 7 years and have never had an issue staying at WDW. We do call right when the window opens and there are times we have to be put on a wait list for the resort we want, but we always end up with what we want.
we are interested in VB, if you dont mind pls advise the resorts that you've booked within the 7 mos window @ WDW
thank you!
jaeyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeyee View Post
we are interested in VB, if you dont mind pls advise the resorts that you've booked within the 7 mos window @ WDW
thank you!
Wilderness lodge
Boardwalk
Beach Club
Old key West
Animal Kingfom (Jumbo)
Saratoga

In some cases we had to wait list but never had an issue getting a room.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #12
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeyee View Post
we are interested in VB, if you dont mind pls advise the resorts that you've booked within the 7 mos window @ WDW
thank you!
Any stays of a week or more at BCV or BWV from Oct 1 thru mid-Jan can be hard to get at seven months out. BLT can also be hard to get at seven months out - lake view might be possible, but not standard or Themepark view. OKW, SSR and AKV should be available. VWL is harder to get the closer you get to the holiday season.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 17,945

Here is the bottom line. If you don't care where you stay buy anywhere.

New owners are being added every day. So far this year alone Disney has sold over 15,000 contracts and many of the 450,000 members are looking to make reservations at 7 months. Most will get the reservation they want but many won't and IMO spending this kind of money hoping to get a reservation doesn't make sense.

Yes you can try to waitlist but I like to know where and when I'm going on vacation.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #14
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel
 
CarolAnnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 13,532

I purchased a Vero Beach resale contract a number of years ago, but it was to supplement my other contracts which are all at WDW resorts.

Personally, I would not purchase a single contract at VB and expect to only stay at WDW. It may work fine now, but things can always change down the road..
__________________
CarolAnnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
jaeyee
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnnC View Post
I purchased a Vero Beach resale contract a number of years ago, but it was to supplement my other contracts which are all at WDW resorts.

Personally, I would not purchase a single contract at VB and expect to only stay at WDW. It may work fine now, but things can always change down the road..
we are now leaning to buy resale for BLT or VWL then will add smaller contract later with VB

thanks everyone for ur input
jaeyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
points., vero beach



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.