DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #2371
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxePrincess View Post
Hello! I'm not a DVC owner, but was lucky enough to be upgraded from AOA Little Mermaid to a 1 bedroom villa at SSR. I'm very excited to stay here! If you book through Disney, do you think it's best to have a section request on your reservation or just ask at check in? We will be there over Christmas.
Have it put on your reservation so when they are assigning rooms, they can deal with it.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #2372
DannysMom
DIS Veteran

Hey folks, my brother & his GF will be staying at SSR the week after Thanksgiving. I just put in a room request for them. I requested Congress Park, upper floor, Downtown Disney view, if possible. So how do the experts think I did?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #2373
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom View Post
Hey folks, my brother & his GF will be staying at SSR the week after Thanksgiving. I just put in a room request for them. I requested Congress Park, upper floor, Downtown Disney view, if possible. So how do the experts think I did?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos.
Hey, based on this I would let you book my vacations! It's our favorite area of SSR! Good Job!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #2374
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran

Question our 1st stay @ home resort

This will beour 1st stay at SSR, and taking Mom to her 1st
MVMCP. We will be checvking in on a Wedenesday for two days.
Want to show Mom how great DVC is....

Question:

Where should I request to stay?
Not sure about SSR. I have been there, but never stayed there.
Any hidden secert places to stay.....Remember, this is Mom's 1st stay @ a DVC resort.
booked a Studio

Please help

Thanks

Robin & Angel "D"
Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0] After PODCAST 5:Coronado Springs DEC '14
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Old 11-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #2375
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin"D"

Question:

Any hidden secert places to stay.....Remember, this is Mom's 1st stay @ a DVC resort.
booked a Studio

Please help

Thanks

Robin & Angel "D"
Hi

I hope you all have a lovely time. We have stayed in most of the blocks now, we also have a studio and no kids just me and DW. Whilst they are all nice our favourite is The Grandstand. It has a lovely quiet pool, its near the artist palette ( main building with reception and the food court etc ) and near bus stops. Also for me being disabled the walk up to the artist pallet is not as steep as it is from the approach of blocks like the springs. I think the worst block is the carousel but thats just my personal view.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #2376
TheDalys
Mouseketeer

Has anyone used the Magical Express from the airport to SSR? any tips? How long does it take and how many stops are there?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #2377
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDalys View Post
Has anyone used the Magical Express from the airport to SSR? any tips? How long does it take and how many stops are there?
Magical Express builds buses based on who is in the airport waiting. There isn't necessarily a set route for those buses. I can tell you that if you're ever on the bus with me, my resort will be the last one they go to.

It really isn't too bad on the DME bus. Plan on about an hour after you leave the airport, give or take. I do have to say, though, the first time we rented a car after having used DME for many trips, we both turned to one-another and said, "Wait... how did we get here so quick?"

My only DME tip is to not put things in the overhead compartment unless the bus is crowded and you have to. Out of sight, out of mind. I lost a very nice hat by putting it up there. Didn't even think about it until hours later, and it never showed up at lost and found.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #2378
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin"D" View Post

Question:

booked a Studio

Please help

Thanks

Robin & Angel "D"
Which section to stay in is a very subjective question. The sections are very different, and the things that are important to you will influence which you like best.

I've attempted to come up with some pros and cons for each section as a tool in choosing. You can find them in this FAQ I posted way back on page 139.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #2379
CRobin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave
Which section to stay in is a very subjective question. The sections are very different, and the things that are important to you will influence which you like best.

I've attempted to come up with some pros and cons for each section as a tool in choosing. You can find them in this FAQ I posted way back on page 139.
Having stayed at all sections, my only advice is that if you would like to walk to DD (versus taking the bus or boat) then request not to be at Carousel. It is a LONG hike to DD from there.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 11-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #2380
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

A little sad, the SSR spa will be closed for refurb when we come down for our February trip. Was looking forward to using spa services at SSR. Saw that Senses will open January 16th at Grand Floridian, and then SSR spa will close until summer. Bummer.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #2381
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcterry
A little sad, the SSR spa will be closed for refurb when we come down for our February trip. Was looking forward to using spa services at SSR. Saw that Senses will open January 16th at Grand Floridian, and then SSR spa will close until summer. Bummer.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29
Thats a shame. It was the other way around oddly enough when we were just there. The GF spa was closed and guests were using SSR. We havent used the GF but understand it is a similar quality. Hope it works out for you. You could always sneak in a 3 night cruise on the disney Dream. We did a last minute deal got a really good price even kept out room at SSR whilst on it. The ship had a lovely spa! Expensive way around it though lol. Worth every penny!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #2382
Robin"D"
DIS Veteran

HOLY CATFISH!!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Great Job on this....answers alot of questions

Robin & Angel "D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post

Polynesian: 1992
Dixie Landings: 1993
Shades of Green (opening weekend): 1994
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2004/ retired from U.S.Army
PO/ French Quarter: 2009 (became DVC owners BLT)Bay Lake Towers: 2010
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village: DW 1st MVMCP DEC 2011/1st stay@ SSR/ taking Mom to her 1st MVMCP NOV 2012
DisneyLand: 1st Visit "EVER" / GC/ April 2012/ VWL SEPT '13/Jan '14 GFV: Animal Kingdom 1BR/FEB'14 [before the Dream Cruise]
NOV '14 SSR/ DW 1st visit [heading to Podcast 5.0] After PODCAST 5:Coronado Springs DEC '14
DCL:
EC/Magic: 2002 WC/Magic: 2009 EC/Magic: 2010
LA ~ Vancouver repo: April 2011Vancouver ~ Alaska (Maiden Alaska Cruise) May 2011 added pts. to SSSR
/
Hawaii Maiden Cruise APR 2012 / 4~day Bahama's "Wonder" Cruise May 2013/
WBPC May 6th 2013 Wonder/ EC & WC 1st & 2nd Cruise on "NEW SHIPS" Fantasy SEPT 7th & 14th
1st time as a Platinum member Cruise/ WC FEB 1st ~ 8th/ 2014 Fantasy FEB 9~13 1st time on the Dream/Completing the "Grand Slam Of DCL Ships!"
EBPC SEP 12-26 '14 bring the Wonder home WC / Magic on Pod Cast 5.0 NOV 30th ~Dec7th '14/ EBTA May 15th 2015, “our 25th" Wedding anniversary b2b Cruise/ Magic 1st N. Europe Cruise, May 30th 2015/ Magic
Old 11-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #2383
Paticake
DIS Veteran

We love SSR more each time we visit. So glad it is our home resort!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #2384
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Hi everyone! My DH and myself are thinking about adding another small contract and we are looking at SSR as our 2nd home resort (we own at AKV now)

Can everyone tell me what they love about SSR? I would love some opinions from some loyal fans
Old 11-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #2385
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Hi everyone! My DH and myself are thinking about adding another small contract and we are looking at SSR as our 2nd home resort (we own at AKV now)

Can everyone tell me what they love about SSR? I would love some opinions from some loyal fans
We own at SSR, BLT, & BWV. We like BLT & BWV for the close park proximities. We like SSR for the relaxation, the resort style, and proximity to DTD. And, one day we hope to stay at THV and use that booking window to get it.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: