Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues

I won't sleep in the same bed as my youngest. He tends to end up sleeping at an angle, partly sideways in the bed, and he kicks.
Thought of this pic when i read your response!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

That's about accurate. Lol....
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #18
BLTtinkerbell
DIS Veteran

PrincessAllegra, That is so funny!

OP: We need to know more info. As stated by others, how many people and are they friends or family?

You can look into 2 rooms, a cabin, a villa.....

BLTtinkerbell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

That pictorial with the baby in the bed cracks me up!! DD is still in crib, but on some weekend mornings we lounge in bed for a while and she flops around like all get out!
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #20
Collette
Mouseketeer

I mind, too. Our kids are now adults, but I think we started this in their early teens. Two rooms (hopefully connecting), four beds, four sinks, two bathrooms. It costs more, but has made for some very pleasant, fun vacations. Everyone needs their space.

Last edited by Collette; 11-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Collette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #21
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

We do the 2 bdrm villas at Disney and only stay in 2 bdrm suites in any other hotel. I cannot imagine not having a bedroom to shove the kids in at their bedtime so that DH and I can unwind, have a glass of wine, he watches TV while I am hopelessly addicted to my laptop. It's all good and if we were crammed into a single room all together it wouldn't be a vacation for me. I didn't start off as a hotel snob, but I think I got that way somewhere along the way. We also don't like to touch when we sleep.

Princess on the Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #22
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

you're not crazy! I hate touching other people while sleeping! I fell off a bed last summer while sharing with one of my friend.I was trying to keep cool, and trying to keep from touching her, and right off the bed i went . But i will suffer in silence if it means I can do disney for cheap!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #23
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

We will be at Riverside on our February trip. Since our last trip, my youngest has developed a nasty teeth grinding habit. It's ungodly. I can't even begin to explain the sound. Here's hoping I don't need to wear earmuffs while sleeping!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Two beds aren't enough? I don't really see how this is a Disney issue.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #25
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Thought of this pic when i read your response!
This is my youngest so no bed sharing for us! My oldest is exactly the same,but he's almost 13 so there's no way. I don't think it's appropriate at his age, but I've only shared a bed with him once in his lifetime and I got no sleep so that just isn't happening! On our last trip we only had one kid so not really an issue, although DH and I sleep on a king bed at home so a double was interesting, but it worked for a short period of time. This time, since our kids are 10 years apart we opted for a family suite at AoA. Our original choice was bunk beds at AKL, since we've talked about staying there next, but DS1 said we should stay in a Cars suite for DS2 so we jumped on the idea! I'm excited for a bigger bed and our own bathroom!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
lovingeire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #26
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

I will never, ever share a bed with DD12. God bless her future husband. She practically breakdances in her sleep.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #27
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
Our AKL savannah view room was TINY! I felt cramped with just Dh and me! And we were only there two nights! Our room at CSR for the 7 nights before was much more comfy. If budget isn't a concern the family suites or villas are a great option.
This seems strange to me since AKL rooms are larger than CSR rooms.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #28
Mitch_in_GA
Mouseketeer

Maybe we're the exception...

It seems that with two tweens and a teen, we're always heading in a hundred different directions all throughout the year. That's why I cherish the time when we're all socked away in a single room. Some of my best WDW memories are of my family blissfully catching those morning z's under my watchful gaze. Sure, the kids (and maybe even DW and I) will likely be fussing and fighting as we board the first bus, but having us all so close together reminds me just how blessed I am. I know that in the blink of an eye I'll be dancing at their wedding or bouncing a grandchild on my knee. A little extra noise (or some rather objectionable smells) is a small price to pay for having this type of togetherness.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #29
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_in_GA
It seems that with two tweens and a teen, we're always heading in a hundred different directions all throughout the year. That's why I cherish the time when we're all socked away in a single room. Some of my best WDW memories are of my family blissfully catching those morning z's under my watchful gaze. Sure, the kids (and maybe even DW and I) will likely be fussing and fighting as we board the first bus, but having us all so close together reminds me just how blessed I am. I know that in the blink of an eye I'll be dancing at their wedding or bouncing a grandchild on my knee. A little extra noise (or some rather objectionable smells) is a small price to pay for having this type of togetherness.
These are my sentiments exactly. I'm very happy to be crammed in one room with my family. I don't vacation with friends so that has been a nonissue for me. We don't vacation often, but I love having them close. I can understand the other side though. Normally, we like our space.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #30
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK

This seems strange to me since AKL rooms are larger than CSR rooms.
I know! But our CSR room was a king, and with the separating doors for the bathroom area it was MUCH more comfy. The AKL room was two queens and was cramped as all heck.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: