Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
michcook
Earning My Ears

New Years on the Magic?

I'm looking for any information on being on a Disney Cruise on New Year's Eve? What to expect and how to plan? Thank you!
michcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
slg4crzn
Mouseketeer

We have been on a few NYE cruises and had a blast. They have parties all over the ships. We also got party hats and favors. It's been a few years so hopefully it's the same because we are on the Fantasy for NYE. I'm hoping a deck party again so we can all be together as a family unless the "edge" boys find more excitement in their club and my granddaughter can't make it till midnight.
slg4crzn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Belle4
Mouseketeer

We were on the Dream for NYE last year. It was awesome!! We had a special dinner menu plus a party up on deck for the whole family. They show the ball drop on the big screen, play music, pass champagne and a few appetizers. They also have noise makers, party hats for the boys and tiaras for the girls. Oh and the champagne was passed out in special glasses just for our sailing. We had a great time! Hope to sail again on a NYE cruise. And when we got back to our room we had a small box if chocolates waiting for us.
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
jlynch924
Mousin' Around

I don't have an answer for the OP, but I'm excited to read what the responses are. We will be on the Magic for NYE this year (and celebrating DD's 10th bday on 1/1)... So excited!!
Old 11-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slg4crzn View Post
We have been on a few NYE cruises and had a blast. They have parties all over the ships. We also got party hats and favors. It's been a few years so hopefully it's the same because we are on the Fantasy for NYE. I'm hoping a deck party again so we can all be together as a family unless the "edge" boys find more excitement in their club and my granddaughter can't make it till midnight.
DH and I were just on the Magic for this last NYE cruise. If your granddaughter can't make it until midnight, she won't be the only one, and doesn't even have to miss out on the countdown fun. They do an earlier one (9 or 10pm, IIRC) for the littles who just can't do midnight!

There was a fantastic deck party with all the characters dressed up (Goofy was Father Time, Donald was Baby New Year and everyone else was in formals). Fireworks were at midnight after the countdown INSTEAD OF on pirate night, there was a champagne toast for the adults and you got to keep the glass (plastic flutes, but printed with DCL NYE 2012 design).

We had a special box of truffles (YUM!!!) on our bed at turn-down, and every room was also given a lithograph by Ducky Williams in honor of the New Year. We were even lucky enough to have Ducky onboard, so we got it autographed! Of course, you can't count on that one - he can't be on all 4 ships at once!

Also, the decorations from Christmas will still be up. They take them down at the end of whichever cruise includes NYE. You might, in fact, even see them starting to work on it the last day of your trip. We had to make a last minute stop at GS on Castaway Cay day and they were just beginning to dismantle the gingerbread house.

All in all, we had a fantastic time on the NYE cruise. I usually refuse to travel over a holiday because of the cost, but this time we had a timing issue so we just sucked it up...I don't know that I would pay that much again (I'm a horrible cheapskate but a Disney fanatic ) but it certainly was a GREAT trip.

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: