Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #886
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandsMostWantd View Post
I've never heard of such a thing, but I am intrigued!
I have participated in two in my 14 cruises. The premise is the same, regardless how it is handled at the event. People offer to open their cabins so others can wander through and check out the space (no food, no drinks, just let your fellow passengers through) and the group travels together to do that. On one of our trips, they started on deck 2 and just wandered through as a group and our Wonder sailing started in the Promenade Lounge and again, they traveled through the ship together. Those that are willing to open their doors, can travel with the group and then get their door open for everyone, closing when everyone has gone through and then you just move on to the next cabin.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #887
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
I have participated in two in my 14 cruises. The premise is the same, regardless how it is handled at the event. People offer to open their cabins so others can wander through and check out the space (no food, no drinks, just let your fellow passengers through) and the group travels together to do that. On one of our trips, they started on deck 2 and just wandered through as a group and our Wonder sailing started in the Promenade Lounge and again, they traveled through the ship together. Those that are willing to open their doors, can travel with the group and then get their door open for everyone, closing when everyone has gone through and then you just move on to the next cabin.
I've never heard of this either (but this is only our fourth cruise). We have an 11A (inside with the magical porthole)!
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #888
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday, Everyone! It is 3 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to the ship rocking us to sleep.
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
RPR - December 2013
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #889
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Happy Saturday, Everyone! It is 3 weeks until we set sail. Looking forward to the ship rocking us to sleep.
Love thes post. They get better and better looking.

Just can't wait to get on the fantasy
Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM   #890
lucy0558
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ahhh that does sound wonderful. I'm thinking that this time will fly, now.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #891
tinkerbellRules14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
I've never heard of this either (but this is only our fourth cruise). We have an 11A (inside with the magical porthole)!
cabin crawl sounds fun... we are a cat 4A. on the port side of deck 10

I am so ready for this cruise....

Disney Vacation Club - Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom

Cruises: Western Caribbean on Magic 1-2008; Eastern Caribbean on Magic 2-2009; Bahama on Wonder 10-2009; Eastern Caribbean on Magic 2-2010; Mexican Riviera on Wonder 2-2011; Alaska on Wonder 6-2012; Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy 12-2012
Kim & Adam
tinkerbellRules14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #892
Disneynut64
DIS Veteran

We just booked this cruise. Where can we find out about the festivities this group is doing. It will be me and a friend. Husbands couldn't make it.
Disneynut64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #893
pjstevens
Had our DFTW Vow Renewal on the Wonder for our 25th!
Now the proud grandparents of Isabella Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut64 View Post
We just booked this cruise. Where can we find out about the festivities this group is doing. It will be me and a friend. Husbands couldn't make it.
Oh my gosh, how exciting to book so last minute. Come on over to the f/b page (link is on page 17 I think) or someone can post (I'm supposed to be paying attention in class now, lol)! Lots of fun stuff happening.
Our First Trip HOME (May 09) DFTW VR (Sept 08) Christmas 2007 August 2007
Off-site 1992; off-site 1999 (w/o the kids) off-site 2000; All Star Movies 2005; Pop 2006; Pop Aug-2007; All Star Music suites Dec 2007; DFTW – DCL – Pop 2008; Pop – Jan 2009; AKV – May 2009; Grand Californian Aug 2009; BWV – Jan 2010; AKV Dec 2010; AKV – Jan 2011; Disney Dream/AKV Sep 2011; Dec 2011 AKV; Magic-Canada June 2012; Fantasy-Eastern Carribean December 2012; SSR August 2013; Wonder-Alaska June 2014
pjstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #894
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut64 View Post
Welcome to the Group! See you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
Oh my gosh, how exciting to book so last minute. Come on over to the f/b page (link is on page 17 I think) or someone can post (I'm supposed to be paying attention in class now, lol)! Lots of fun stuff happening.
Yes, it is on page 17 with in a post.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #895
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

I posted this on the FB page but I wanted to post here incase you don't come over there.

I sent the 1st group FE list by floor out tonight. I had all the rooms. SO if you don't get by tomorrow and you are in the 1st FE group please let me know.

Also, please check your info to make sure it is correct.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #896
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camtheriot View Post
Yes, I did try that...and I've been checking every day. The only OVs available are too expensive to upgrade. We are already maxed out on our budget for this vacation. I really don't want to downgrade to an inside because it's alot less room and because my dad really wants an OV And, the only inside cabins left are more expensive than the OVs we have now!! So, I figured my only hope was to switch with cabin 7676... Or by chance someone upgrades their 2 connecting OVs. I'll keep my eyes opened till the end I guess. Lol
Hey there! So, I was just peaking around on the availability for our cruise and I found 2 category 9B (lower than you booked) cabins that are CONNECTED and are showing availability right now! They're down on Deck 2, rooms 2516 and 2518 - perhaps you could contact DCL and ask if they'd be willing to let you move to those rooms so you are connected, since you wouldn't be asking to upgrade rooms?
Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #897
WonderlandsMostWantd
Actively enhancing my muchness.

Scheduled events update for those who don't want to go back looking for it

Because not everyone has Facebook, or can’t access the full functionality, here are the events that are currently planned/finalized for our cruise:

Fantasy Cruisin’ with Mickey Group Meet
Description: Let's meet up on embarkation day to say hello to one another in person and start our fantastic cruise! Wristbands will be passed out at this meet also.
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2012
Time: 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM (before lifeboat drill)
Where: D Lounge on Deck 4 Mid-ship
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...lubs/d-lounge/

Royal Pajama Breakfast!
Description: Come enjoy breakfast with your fellow cruise mates in your jammies! Because nothing highlights the opulence and decadence of the Royal Court dining room like comfy flannel and feety pajamas!

The actual wearing pajamas is strongly encouraged, but is of course optional. The wearing of appropriate, family friendly clothing is NOT! (Dale, we're lookin' at you here kid)
Date: Sunday, December 2, 2012
Time: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Where: Royal Court Dining Room, Deck 3 mid-ship
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...g/royal-court/

Lady's Night
Description: Meet up with the ladies of the cruise at Ooh La La
Date: Mondayday, December 3, 2012
Time: 10:30 PM – 1:30 AM
Where: Ooh La La, Europa District on Deck 4 Mid-ship
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...nges/ooh-lala/

Guy's Night
Description: Meet up with the guys of the cruise at O'Gill's Pub
Date: Mondayday, December 3, 2012
Time: 10:30 PM – 1:30 AM
Where: O'Gill's Pub, Europa District on Deck 4 Mid-ship
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...es/ogills-pub/

Morning Strolls with Friends
Description: Let's take a walk, shall we? With all the talk of food and weight loss and whatnot, I got to thinking about the fact that I’m going to NEED to make sure I’m getting some exercise in to burn off some of the extra delicious calories I’m going to be enjoying on this cruise. My plan has been to make sure I get some walking time in down on the walking track on deck 4. Trouble is, I KNOW how easy it is for me to talk myself out of exercise! So, I thought maybe, if anyone else was interested, we could plan a few “Strolling with friends” meets on-board. If other people are expecting me to arrive, I will be more likely to honor my commitment to others than I am to just doing what’s good for me on my own. Does this appeal to anyone else? Particularly on Sea Days when we won’t have excursions and such to get us off our butts?
Based on the general comments to the original post, we are proposing 2 times (sessions) to walk around the Deck 4 walking/running track: 6am and 8am. This will be very informal – just show up if you’d like to participate. We can meet up in/near the Vista Café on Deck 4 – it’s near both the walking track AND the “real coffee” Once the designated time hits, we’ll hit the track. Runners can run together, walkers can walk, whatever suits people’s needs and tastes. If you show up late, just wait near one of the doors until the group laps around and join in!

(I thought about making this Sea Days only, but not everyone is doing excursions, so if you WANT to participate on Port Days, the offer is out there)

Date: Daily, Sunday December 2 – Friday, December 7
Time: 2 sessions – 6:00 AM and 8:00 AM
Where: Deck 4 walking track – meet at Vista Café Deck 4
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...es/vista-cafe/

Those are the ones I know of official.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #898
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Happy Wednesday, Everyone! It is 17 days until we set sail, and I couldn't wait for the weekend to post a countdown. Looking forward to pre-dinner cocktails that first evening.
DCL Magic - March 2006
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
RPR - December 2013
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #899
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Wednesday, Everyone! It is 17 days until we set sail, and I couldn't wait for the weekend to post a countdown. Looking forward to pre-dinner cocktails that first evening.
I can't say I blame you!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #900
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Happy Thursday, everyone! It is 16 days until we set sail. Looking forward to seeing the view in Skyline.
DCL Magic - March 2006
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
RPR - December 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: