Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #3691
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,742

Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the Princess Half Marathon Expo is now going to be held at the CSR.

Disney's Fit for a Princess Expo

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
9:00 a.m.  7:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2013
9:00 a.m.  6:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 23, 2013

There may be more than normal sightings of grown women in Tiaras. The Half is on Feb 24 really early in the morning. I suppose with this new change there could also be more people moving resorts to be closer to the expo, but that's a guess. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking at end of Feb!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

Join me in my DietBet starting May 5! http://www.dietbetter.com/noguiltnogut

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #3692
vellamint
DIS Veteran
 
vellamint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: L.I., New York
Posts: 3,735

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the Princess Half Marathon Expo is now going to be held at the CSR.

Disney's Fit for a Princess Expo

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
9:00 a.m.  7:00 p.m. on Friday, February 22, 2013
9:00 a.m.  6:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 23, 2013

There may be more than normal sightings of grown women in Tiaras. The Half is on Feb 24 really early in the morning. I suppose with this new change there could also be more people moving resorts to be closer to the expo, but that's a guess. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone looking at end of Feb!
OMG....what will this mean for people that arent there for the marathon?

I am staying there the night of the 23rd post-cruise for just the one night. I picked CSR because of my personal goal of eventually staying in every resort....

Before anyone suggests switching...Deluxe is too expensive and the only one I havent stayed at is the Poly and the Yacht club. Already stayed at CBR and POR. POFQ will be in October for Halloween!!!
__________________
02/13 Disney Fantasy & CSR -- 05/13 AKV Mothers Day!! -- 06/13 WL -- 08/13 OKW --10/13 POR F&W/MNSSHP -- 12/13 ASP MVMCP/Candlelight! -- 02/2014 Disney Fantasy
01/13 -- Disney College Program!! - SSR
02/12 Disney Dream -- 08/11 BLT - Kids 1st Trip "Home" -- 09/11 POR F&W/MNSSHP
11/2010 Disneyland Paris For My GIRLS SWEET 16!! (Sequoia Lodge)
08/09 All Star Sports -- 11/09 BWV & Disney Wonder -- 2/2010 The Disneyland Hotel -- 10/10 BLT F&W/MNSSHP
01/09 Grand Floridian & Disney Wonder -- 8/08 Hard Rock Hotel & Cypress Pointe & Pop Century --
2/08 Animal Kingdom Villas --
8/06 All Star Movies & Venetian Villages -- 4/06 Grand Californian
3/05 Wilderness Lodge Villas -- 8/04 Disneyland & DCA -- 2/04 Boardwalk Villas -- 8/03 HIFS & Marriott Cypress Harbour
1/03 Beach Club Villas & Old Key West -- 4/02 Radisson Twin Towers & Caribbean Beach -- 8/00 Holiday Inn Sunspree
vellamint is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #3693
TennHokies
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 64

Disney Dollars @ CSR?

Heading to CSR for the first time in just 4 weeks . . . wow just 4 weeks I can't believe it's that close now. VERY EXCITED about the trip and thanks in large part to this thread for helping me choose CSR.

Does anyone know if I can purchase Disney Dollars at CSR and if so where?

Thaanks!
__________________
Me DW DD7 DS5

Next trip December 2012 - CSR (Free Dinnig)
First Family Trip - Sept 2009 - All Star Movies (Free Dining)
TennHokies is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #3694
sau418
Mouseketeer
 
sau418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellamint

OMG....what will this mean for people that arent there for the marathon?

I am staying there the night of the 23rd post-cruise for just the one night. I picked CSR because of my personal goal of eventually staying in every resort....

Before anyone suggests switching...Deluxe is too expensive and the only one I havent stayed at is the Poly and the Yacht club. Already stayed at CBR and POR. POFQ will be in October for Halloween!!!
I would not worry about it one bit. The race on the 24th starts at 5:30 am, racers will be turning in to bed early on the night of the 23rd. It may be a little busier at the convention center but should not impact your stay. Most racers will not change hotels just because the expo is there, all hotels are hosts for he race.
__________________
sau418 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #3695
KMarston
Mouseketeer
 
KMarston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 200

I was thrilled to have found this thread last night as I have been second guessing most every choice I've made, from resort to ADR's. After reading here I feel much better about the CSR! We will be there for 7 nights around Easter with 2 15yo. We plan to be busy in the parks day and night and will be driving. My biggest concern is to be fairly close to parking for quick changes to make evening ADR's. We'll probably keep quick breakfast food in the room. I have booked a water view. Reading here makes me think I should change that to a preferred. Any thoughts, if I remember the price was comparable. I read that someone was told they were put in Rancheros because of their 7 night stay. I do see where a convention starts toward the end of our stay. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
KMarston is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #3696
tmbowers
Mouseketeer
 
tmbowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 174

Hey DIS experts, I have a quick question. I paid off our Disney trip on October 31st and received an email confirmation of that payment. Then yesterday a received an email with an "Invoice" from Disney that shows our package as "Coronado Springs-B9F/Magic Your Way Free Dine.

Anyone know what B9F means? I'm just curious!
__________________
Tina

tmbowers is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #3697
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran
 
ADisneyQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,541

Usually the letters/numbers are a code they use to show what package you are getting like free dining.
__________________
Our Family DH Me DD17 DD13, DC 18 RIP, DC 2
Dec.2001-First family trip to WDW, ASMovies
Nov.2003-CSR,Oct. 2004-Offsite at HIFS(now Nick Hotel)March 2006-POP,Easter March 2008- POP
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #3698
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennHokies View Post
Heading to CSR for the first time in just 4 weeks . . . wow just 4 weeks I can't believe it's that close now. VERY EXCITED about the trip and thanks in large part to this thread for helping me choose CSR.

Does anyone know if I can purchase Disney Dollars at CSR and if so where?

Thaanks!
I just saw them in Panchito's Gift Shop 4 days ago. I didn't purchase them but I saw them in the register.

Have a great trip!
that's nice is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #3699
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMarston View Post
I was thrilled to have found this thread last night as I have been second guessing most every choice I've made, from resort to ADR's. After reading here I feel much better about the CSR! We will be there for 7 nights around Easter with 2 15yo. We plan to be busy in the parks day and night and will be driving. My biggest concern is to be fairly close to parking for quick changes to make evening ADR's. We'll probably keep quick breakfast food in the room. I have booked a water view. Reading here makes me think I should change that to a preferred. Any thoughts, if I remember the price was comparable. I read that someone was told they were put in Rancheros because of their 7 night stay. I do see where a convention starts toward the end of our stay. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Just got home from 9 nights at CSR (&1 at POP) We stayed in Cabanas 8B and I love that location. We had a standard view -AKA parking lot- but I really didn't care. The bus stop was a 30 second walk. The Dig site was about a 3 minute walk and El Centro was about a 5 minute walk. Even the water view rooms (in Cabanas anyway) are close to the parking lot. It isn't far at all.

There were numerous conventions going on while we were there- that leads to a few things. 1) Not many people on the busses 2) People in meetings which leads to less people around the resort and empty pools.

Have a great trip!
that's nice is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM   #3700
CarolinaMomOf3boys
I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it wasn't any greener, just different.......A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle......I wasn't born a princess, but if the tiara fits......
 
CarolinaMomOf3boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,001

countdown is on....

Ugh and i am scattered trying to get everything done
Quick question:

I have the Table Service down pat ...what is the best options for Counter Services? My ADRs are below....also, can QS be used at breakfast?

we have Table Service ressies for:
San Angel Inn
Chef Mickeys
The Crystal Palace
Sci Fi Dinner Cafe
California Grill
__________________




My Magical Surprise of a LIFETIME POST trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936235
T-shirts, invitations and goody bags I have made for my surprise trip!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1864352
Epcot Passports Completed!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1882833
CarolinaMomOf3boys is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #3701
KMarston
Mouseketeer
 
KMarston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Just got home from 9 nights at CSR (&1 at POP) We stayed in Cabanas 8B and I love that location. We had a standard view -AKA parking lot- but I really didn't care. The bus stop was a 30 second walk. The Dig site was about a 3 minute walk and El Centro was about a 5 minute walk. Even the water view rooms (in Cabanas anyway) are close to the parking lot. It isn't far at all.

There were numerous conventions going on while we were there- that leads to a few things. 1) Not many people on the busses 2) People in meetings which leads to less people around the resort and empty pools.

Have a great trip!

Glad you had a great trip! Beautiful princess in your avatar! Can you tell me you requested the Cabanas or just took luck of the draw?
KMarston is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #3702
DarthMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 150

We just got back from a 7 day stay at CSR -- loved it! The 2 queen beds in the room were great, really comfortable. We were in 7B (not our first, second or even third choice) but it was not bad, a short walk to the bus stop and not that far from El Centro. Kids adored the pool and I was happy to put the 4 year old in a life jacket (provided at the pool) so she could enjoy the water slide too. We were there only 1 afternoon but enjoyed the campfire and marshmallows that day, and saw part of 1 movie in the evening by the mail pool. Loved the food at Pepper Market and everyone who waited on us there was very nice and attentive. Our room was on the 1st floor, right by the quiet pool, and it was really quiet -- never heard any outside noise inside the room.
DarthMama is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #3703
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 12,383

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMarston View Post
Glad you had a great trip! Beautiful princess in your avatar! Can you tell me you requested the Cabanas or just took luck of the draw?
Thank you!

We requested 8b ground floor (connecting rooms) and we got it. First time we ever got all our requests!
that's nice is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #3704
Peonyfan
Earning My Ears
 
Peonyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 14

I'll be at the CSR in 10 days!

This is my first stay there, I usually stay at POFQ or Pop. I'm happy to see a lot of good comments for it. I booked it on the suggestion of two of the attorneys I work with.
Peonyfan is offline  
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #3705
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 7,509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peonyfan View Post
I'll be at the CSR in 10 days!

This is my first stay there, I usually stay at POFQ or Pop. I'm happy to see a lot of good comments for it. I booked it on the suggestion of two of the attorneys I work with.
My guess is that you'll love it!! It's a beautiful resort!

I love the colors!!



IMGP7053 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

And the gift shop - Panchito's


IMGP7849 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

And the CMs (Carlos and Raymond are 2 special ones ...)


CarlosRaymond by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

And the pool(s)


IMGP0454 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr


IMGP0523 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

And the room decor ...


IMGP7034 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

You get the idea ....


.
__________________
Kris
Ilivetogo is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: