Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #451
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
We just booked yc cl standard view for Jan. So excited!
Any ideas or tips. We have never stayed there before.

Also we are celebrating dd 6 birthday!
Congrats on YC CL. I can't help with any tips as we are trying YC CL for the first time next summer, so I will be waiting for answers/opinions about it along with you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhhi View Post
Hello this is my first post ,

Looking to see what is the difference between staying at BW at Concierge/Club Level Information levle or just satying at regular levle. Stayed at BW many times and I am happy, just was wondering if it is worth the extra money. Just me this trip to do some Tours I did not get to go to last time.

Thanks
Welcome

I can't answer specifically about BWI CL as we've never stayed there, but I have read nothing but great things about it as far as the atmosphere, the CMs, and food offerings . We have stayed other CLs and for us, CL overall is great not only for the snacks, drinks, etc. throughout the day, but more importantly having a lounge to go to to just relax or get away from the hustle and bustle of the resort. Worth is subjective and is different for everybody, but we think the extra expense is worth it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Just returned from my first stay at club level. We choose Yacht Club because that was the only resort where CL was available. We had a very early flight and arrived at 9:00am for check in. A CM was there to take us up to the 5th floor. Then a group of FABULOUS CM's took over and checked us in. Our room wasn't ready so we had breakfast in the lounge and headed out to AK for the day. The lounge was small but we never had a problem getting a table. We enjoyed all the selections they had to offer in the lounge. We asked the CM's for water to take back to the room and also water for the parks. They were always very happy to provide this for us. I cannot say enough good things about the CL staff. We really enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return!
Glad you had a great stay . We've stayed at the BC before and are trying YC CL next summer and can't wait .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #452
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Just returned from my first stay at club level. We choose Yacht Club because that was the only resort where CL was available. We had a very early flight and arrived at 9:00am for check in. A CM was there to take us up to the 5th floor. Then a group of FABULOUS CM's took over and checked us in. Our room wasn't ready so we had breakfast in the lounge and headed out to AK for the day. The lounge was small but we never had a problem getting a table. We enjoyed all the selections they had to offer in the lounge. We asked the CM's for water to take back to the room and also water for the parks. They were always very happy to provide this for us. I cannot say enough good things about the CL staff. We really enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return!
Was it (plastic) bottled water to take with you? And was the lounge still open 24 hours for smaller items like sodas and fruit? Thanks!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #453
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Are there big differences between the 2 CLs? We are looking at the CR for a December 2013 trip and after I thought we decided on a regular TPV, the more I look into club level, the more want to try it .
We've only stayed Atrium Club, but from my research and talking to CMs, it looks like Atrium Club has more updated/renovated rooms, a larger lounge area and (importantly for our boys) overlooks the CR atrium.

It seems that Tower Club is a mix of suites and regular rooms, but that they have not been renovated as recently. Although the lounge is smaller, it looks like they have tables outside on the lounge balcony. And it's entirely closed off from the atrium and the other floors, so you can't see the monorail, Chef Mickey's, etc. from the hallways like you can from Atrium Club and all other CR floors. Again, that's a big issue for our boys, and one of the reasons that they said they would always prefer Atrium Club over Tower Club.

I understand that the breakfast, snack, appetizer and dessert offerings are the same at both, but again, no personal experience with Tower Club.

And I'd absolutely recommend BLV CL over regular TPV. Just loved the bay view from the room and the TPV from the lounge. It really made CR "cozy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhhi View Post
Hello this is my first post ,

Looking to see what is the difference between staying at BW at Concierge/Club Level Information levle or just satying at regular levle. Stayed at BW many times and I am happy, just was wondering if it is worth the extra money. Just me this trip to do some Tours I did not get to go to last time.

Thanks
Welcome!!! We love BWI CL. If you are happy with regular BWI, I bet you would be thrilled with BWI CL. It's so convenient to have drinks, snacks, breakfast, and a place to relax outside the room. That's particularly important for us at BWI because it means we have no need to refill mugs on the Boardwalk or head outside for breakfast. And the CMs there are really amazing - makes the stay feel more personal. Although I always prefer to stay CL, I'm OK without it at BC or Poly. But at CR or BWI, I think CL is an important part of our stay and makes it much more comfortable - so convenient!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #454
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
We've only stayed Atrium Club, but from my research and talking to CMs, it looks like Atrium Club has more updated/renovated rooms, a larger lounge area and (importantly for our boys) overlooks the CR atrium.

It seems that Tower Club is a mix of suites and regular rooms, but that they have not been renovated as recently. Although the lounge is smaller, it looks like they have tables outside on the lounge balcony. And it's entirely closed off from the atrium and the other floors, so you can't see the monorail, Chef Mickey's, etc. from the hallways like you can from Atrium Club and all other CR floors. Again, that's a big issue for our boys, and one of the reasons that they said they would always prefer Atrium Club over Tower Club.

I understand that the breakfast, snack, appetizer and dessert offerings are the same at both, but again, no personal experience with Tower Club.

And I'd absolutely recommend BLV CL over regular TPV. Just loved the bay view from the room and the TPV from the lounge. It really made CR "cozy!"
Thank you for all of your input . The CR has never appealed to me, but the more I look at pics, the more I want to stay there (and try CL). From your description, I like the idea of Atrium Club over Tower Club and being able to see the monorail, Chef Mickeys, etc .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #455
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Joining in- I just booked AKL CL last week. I can't wait!

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
POP/AKL - June 2014; Disney Dream June 2014;
Disneyland - DLH July 2014;
**Coming soon*** ASMu October 2014
Old 11-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #456
renes
Earning My Ears

Innkeepers Club

I want to comment on the Innkeepers Club at BWI. We stayed there Oct 14th-29th, 3 rooms, 9 people, 6 adults, 3 kids all under the age of 3. We loved it, DH, DD and myself have stayed there before (upgrade to Steeplechase Suite) years ago. 6 of us checked in around noon, our rooms were ready, check in was smooth and we went right to the parks. We later found out that our charging privileges to our rooms were not set up, but it happened the same time our DD and her family were checking in and Pete took care of it immediately. One of our DSIL had to fly back half way through the trip and the CMs took care of everything for him. The CMs were great, helpful and very patient with 3 little ones and their "moods". We have stayed CL at WL, Poly and YC. BWI is our favorite and we will definitely return (maybe just DH and I next time). The CM's, food selection, lounge, mousekeeping, everything was great.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #457
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by renes View Post
I want to comment on the Innkeepers Club at BWI. We stayed there Oct 14th-29th, 3 rooms, 9 people, 6 adults, 3 kids all under the age of 3. We loved it, DH, DD and myself have stayed there before (upgrade to Steeplechase Suite) years ago. 6 of us checked in around noon, our rooms were ready, check in was smooth and we went right to the parks. We later found out that our charging privileges to our rooms were not set up, but it happened the same time our DD and her family were checking in and Pete took care of it immediately. One of our DSIL had to fly back half way through the trip and the CMs took care of everything for him. The CMs were great, helpful and very patient with 3 little ones and their "moods". We have stayed CL at WL, Poly and YC. BWI is our favorite and we will definitely return (maybe just DH and I next time). The CM's, food selection, lounge, mousekeeping, everything was great.
Thanks for the report - we love Pete! We have another BWI CL stay coming up in January and our boys (ages 5, 12 and 13) were just asking whether we would be able to see Jackie and Pete during our stay.
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #458
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyredraider View Post
Joining in- I just booked AKL CL last week. I can't wait!
Congrats . We've stayed at AKL but not CL, although that is one I want to try as I have heard great things about it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by renes View Post
Thanks for your report. We are trying YC CL and Poly CL next summer, with BWI CL next on the list .

Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #459
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Was it (plastic) bottled water to take with you? And was the lounge still open 24 hours for smaller items like sodas and fruit? Thanks!
The room water was a large glass bottle of Evian and the park water was 20 oz dasanti. The lounge was open 24 hours and the frig is stocked with sodas. However, I don't think the fruit was left out.

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #460
ksoehrlein
Once (and Future?) CM

Location: Previously seen at POFQ, BC, WL, CSR, OKW, BWV, VWL, POR, SSR, PC, BCV, ASMu, CR, YC, PPH, AKV, ASSp, ASMo & CBR

Thanks for the recent report on YC CL, summersalt! I just booked a last-minute stay there for me and my kiddos. I'm thrilled the lounge will be open 24 hours since I'm running the Wine & Dine Half Marathon and may want a beverage when I get back to the room in the wee hours of the morning. Did you happen to notice if Powerade was available as well?
2011: Goofy Challenge / Wine and Dine Half Marathon
2012: Goofy Challenge / DL Half Marathon (Coast to Coast) / Wine and Dine Half Marathon
Old 11-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #461
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

anyone recently returned from yacht club level that could tell me the lounge hours?? ( breakfast, evening and deserts??)
Thank you!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #462
baler31
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to comment on our excellent experience with Poly IPO. We are staying at Poly CL over the holidays and while they did not contact us first they have been very helpful and knowledgeable with booking our events.

I hope this bodes well for our stay as we have taken a break due to cleanliness and other issues we experienced several years ago. We have friends that we travel with over the holidays that wanted to do Poly this year so we went along with them and so far are pleased.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #463
NicoleK1974
Mouseketeer

SO excited for our first CL experience next month.
We picked the Poly to try out and hopefully we won't wish we had picked somewhere else.

Thus far the IPO have been AMAZING!
I have made a few "out of the box" requests and they seem to have it all under control.

Should things go as well as I am anticipating, I'd like to give the staff a gift of so,e sort, especially the "runner" who will be sneaking surprises into room each evening for my daughter.

Any ideas as to what would be great, or something you may have given that was very well recieved?

Any recent experiences from the Poly anyone wants to share?

Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #464
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
anyone recently returned from yacht club level that could tell me the lounge hours?? ( breakfast, evening and deserts??)
Thank you!
We stayed YC CL in March. I would assume their hours are the same now as they are on the first page of this thread, they've been the same for years.

Club Level - YC

Regatta Club
7:00 am - 10:00 pm 5th Floor, Main Building

PH: 407-934-1448
FX: 407-934-1487
Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.co m
(Please do not contact the IPO until you have a confirmed reservation.)

Lounge offerings
Morning:
7:00am - 10:30am
pastries, fruit, cereal & beverages

Snacks:
11:30am - 4:00pm
chips, cookies & beverages

Evening:
5:00pm - 7:00pm
hot item samples, children's corner, crudites, cheese tray, beverages, wine & beer

Cordials & Desserts:
8:00pm - 10:00pm
assorted desserts and cordials

All Day:
7:00am - 10:00pm
whole fresh fruit & beverages
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2015, 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #465
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

I have a friend who is booked for a deluxe club level room at the Beach Club. Does anyone have suggestions of room requests for them? It will be their first trip to Disney.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: