Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #3436
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Just curious, since every time we go to BC (6x) we have gotten a juliette balcony, we never asked to get a full or requested one though, not that we have had a problem with that. Our pending May 2013 trip, we will request for one. In anyones experience, at least on this thread, has this request been not fulfilled? We still won't have a problem if we DO get another juliette balcony, because we LOVE BC, just wondering what our chances are I suppose. Thanks!!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #3437
em36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deebeck View Post
Hi all. We are new to the Beach Club. We have stayed at the Grand Floridian for 3 years in a row. We were just there during Halloween and had such Disney withdrawal, I (somehow) convinced my husband to take a road trip back to Disney. We will be there for 4 nights before Christmas.

I am such a creature of habit. Are the rooms/property feel much different than GF? I think the only diff. I will feel is not being on the monorail. Can you tell me your good experiences there? (especially if you switched resorts from something you were used to)

thanks
d
We stayed at the Yacht Club last May and were former GF patrons. I love the GF and the feel of being on the monorail, but I honestly enjoyed Yacht Club a little bit more. The CM's were great and the pool was unbelievable. We had milkshakes and icecream sandwiches at Beaches and Cream. We ate lunch most days poolside at Hurricane Hannah's. My daughters are big Magic Kingdom fans, so even though we were staying at an Epcot resort, we traveled by bus each day to the MK. The buses were very prompt on our trip and we found transportation really easy and convenient.

At first I thought we would miss the luxury of the GF, but I found the ease and laid back atmosphere of the BC/YC was really nice. The only place that I felt this resort did not match up to the GF was mousekeeping. They were good, but not great. There were no problems that would keep me from staying again, I just felt like they sometimes missed the small details that were always seen to at the GF. I think you will enjoy the resort and although you will find differences when compared with the GF, I think you will truly feel like you have made a great choice.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #3438
deebeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by em36 View Post
We stayed at the Yacht Club last May and were former GF patrons. I love the GF and the feel of being on the monorail, but I honestly enjoyed Yacht Club a little bit more. The CM's were great and the pool was unbelievable. We had milkshakes and icecream sandwiches at Beaches and Cream. We ate lunch most days poolside at Hurricane Hannah's. My daughters are big Magic Kingdom fans, so even though we were staying at an Epcot resort, we traveled by bus each day to the MK. The buses were very prompt on our trip and we found transportation really easy and convenient.

At first I thought we would miss the luxury of the GF, but I found the ease and laid back atmosphere of the BC/YC was really nice. The only place that I felt this resort did not match up to the GF was mousekeeping. They were good, but not great. There were no problems that would keep me from staying again, I just felt like they sometimes missed the small details that were always seen to at the GF. I think you will enjoy the resort and although you will find differences when compared with the GF, I think you will truly feel like you have made a great choice.

Thanks for the response. I was nervous... but staying at the GF again in such a short period of time was not in the budget. The Beach Club looks really nice and we love Cape May Cafe.

One last question... any idea what the Garden View is like? Will we be over a parking lot? Do they ever upgrade views when you get there?
d
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #3439
Nole95
Mouseketeer

Just finished our stay this past weekend. We were in town for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon, and could not have asked for a better location.

We had reserved a standard room and did only check in last week. When we arrived, we were upgraded to a water view room which was great.

Bus service for the race was efficient, and being able to walk to and from Epcot for the festival was definitely a plus as well.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #3440
em36
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I was nervous... but staying at the GF again in such a short period of time was not in the budget. The Beach Club looks really nice and we love Cape May Cafe.

One last question... any idea what the Garden View is like? Will we be over a parking lot? Do they ever upgrade views when you get there?
d
We stayed in a lagoon view room in May, so I am not sure what your view will be like. I just made reservations last night for a garden view club level YC room, so I am hoping we won't see a parking lot. Hopefully someone else can answer this for you. Have a wonderful time!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #3441
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

d
A garden view is a view of something green: courtyard, garden, overgrown woods, trees, etc.

A standard view is a view of parking lots and/or roofs.

A water/lagoon view is a view of "water".
Old 11-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #3442
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

anyone recently back from Yacht CL?? I would love to know the lounge hours please. (ex.. breakfast, snacks, appetizers, desserts)
Thank you very much for the info in advance!!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #3443
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
anyone recently back from Yacht CL?? I would love to know the lounge hours please. (ex.. breakfast, snacks, appetizers, desserts)
Thank you very much for the info in advance!!
Please see post #11 from the first page of this thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=11
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #3444
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I would do a little thinking on that. Sure BC is great, but so are a lot of other wdw resorts. We also love WL, AKL, and POR. We enjoy many wdw resorts, they all have something special to offer. And if it means a wdw trip or no wdw trip, you bet I'd stay at a moderate. POR is a beautiful resort. We've had wonderful stays there. We go twice a year to wdw so they can't all be deluxe stays, and some January trips we stay moderate, and summer tends to be deluxe. And we are just as happy at either.

We have definitely stayed at other places onsite and off. The only way I can get my DH to WDW anymore is the promise that he will not have to drive a car or rely on Disney transportation on vacation. That leaves the Epcot area for us. We spend 90% of our time at the resort, strolling the Boardwalk, SAB, Epcot and DHS. We go to BC for the resort and SAB as much as the parks. That is our lazy , relaxed style Disney. DH doesn't like WDW at much as me so BC is how I get him to go ( and the yummy restaurants). We have stayed at S/D in past and is still an option but we would miss SAB

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #3445
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Maybe you could check out David's DVC rentals and look at BCV or BWV as an option?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #3446
deebeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
A garden view is a view of something green: courtyard, garden, overgrown woods, trees, etc.

A standard view is a view of parking lots and/or roofs.

A water/lagoon view is a view of "water".
Great... thank you! I'm sold... looking forward to my trip!!
d.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #3447
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughjulia View Post
We stayed at the BC a week ago and left our camera charger/battery in the room. Does anyone know if there is an e-mail address we could write to asking if the charger was turned in? Has anyone had any experience with this?

I’m hesitant to contact them, since the cost of these items has gone down so much over the last two years.
We left our charger at the VWL last year before we stayed at BCV's. Stopped by WL before we left and the 'lost and found lady' brought a box of chargers out to our car to look through. It wasn't in there so imagine my surprise when I recieved my charger in the mail a couple weeks later with a note saying "I found it!"

Give them a call. Service is what WDW is all about.

Walt Disney World Lost and Found at 407-824-4321 between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Eastern time.

http://www.thedisneytraveler.com/200...-really-works/

Old 11-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #3448
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
ughhh.. no trip planned. This is the first time in a long time this is the case. Dh wanted a cruise for our 10th anniversary so he booked one for April for our anniversary. Unfortunately not Disney. Now we are looking at our 2 nd trip for the year and the WDW price is too high and I refuse to stay anywhere but BC I am so sad because all I want is to go to WDW
Plan a nice vacation somewhere else and enjoy yourselves! I know how you feel. I LOVE WDW so much that I feel like we are missing out on the rest of the world. I'm trying to plan something else next year to supplement my WDW obsession, but it is hard! The budget for a non-Disney trip is tighter so it is hard to figure out what would be fun and economical.

Ahhhhh.... such troubles to have, such troubles

Old 11-13-2012, 06:39 AM   #3449
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Teena!

My friend bought a Tastycake route!!!! Gonna load you up when I come in May girl!!! The peanut butter ones, right????

Old 11-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #3450
Nancyg56
DIS Veteran

online checkin

We are scheduled to arrive at the BC on Thanksgiving Day. We have a standard CL room and have not made any requests. We have checked in online and wonder if there are differences if we do this. Any one have any experience checking in online rather than at the desk and can give some guidance, which is better?

TIA! nancy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: