Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
disneyred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney ambassador View Post
But you need to give your Social Insurance number.

what is so great about this red card ??? is it worth it if we only shop there about 3 times a year ?? coming from Canada... I can hit a target in the states..
disneyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyred View Post
what is so great about this red card ??? is it worth it if we only shop there about 3 times a year ?? coming from Canada... I can hit a target in the states..
It is a Target store credit card that allows for a 5% discount on all purchases.

We go to Target often, so we have a card.

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #18
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

When I've been in Target they have asked if we wanted to apply for a Red Card at the register. We were told that Canadians can apply but they'll only be given a debit card which requires US based bank account for immediate withdrawl. We were told that Candians could no longer get the credit card but it sounds like this isn't the case.

For those of you that have a Red Card is it the credit card that doesn't require immediate payment from a US based bank or is it the debit card? The debit card doesn't work for us but we'd jump on the credit card as we do have a Canadian based US account.

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #19
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs14 View Post
When I've been in Target they have asked if we wanted to apply for a Red Card at the register. We were told that Canadians can apply but they'll only be given a debit card which requires US based bank account for immediate withdrawl. We were told that Candians could no longer get the credit card but it sounds like this isn't the case.

For those of you that have a Red Card is it the credit card that doesn't require immediate payment from a US based bank or is it the debit card? The debit card doesn't work for us but we'd jump on the credit card as we do have a Canadian based US account.
We have had a Target Credit Card since 2010. We pay our Target balance out of our US account (it is based in Georgia/RBC). We have autopayment scheduled, so it takes the balance out of our account.

Not sure if things have changed due to Target entering Canada?

Hope this helps, Tiger

Last edited by Tiger926; 05-29-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:20 AM   #20
rjan67
Mouseketeer

I have had one for many years as I work in Michigan and am at Target weekly. I do pay it from my U.S. debit account at the end of the month while in the store, but I can also pay it by U.S. check by mail which I do sometimes. It is not a debit card -it is a VISA card.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #21
Tinetine
Earning My Ears

The Red card is either a credit card or a debit card. Both give 5% cash back on purchases.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #22
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinetine View Post
The Red card is either a credit card or a debit card. Both give 5% cash back on purchases.
Part of your statement is incorrect. The card does not give cash back, but gives an automatic 5% discount on your total purchase at checkout, once you swipe your card for payment.

Tiger
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
potzie2
Father and Husband to Mickey Fans

Target Red Card in Canada will be issued by RBC

http://pressroom.target.ca/pr/tgt-en...ry-238447.aspx

We have a Red Card credit card now and yes we did need to give the SIN at the time of application. I think I even needed to show them it they wouldn't just take the number from me. Either way I figure if Target miss uses the information they have a bigger privacy headache and they want to avoid that with coming to Canada.

Last edited by potzie2; 11-02-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Added Text
potzie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #24
stefanospops
DIS Veteran

I saw this thread before we left for our trip. We just got back Saturday night. I applied for the Red credit card and had to give them my SIN number. I did not need to show them the card though. They instantly approved me for an initial limit of $200. I am still waiting to receive the official card in the mail, but they gave me a temp card that was good for two weeks.

you only get the 5% discount on the amount you put on the card. So in our case our first purchase was almost $300. I put $200 on the card and got 5% off on that amount, but the amount that was leftover did not get the discount. I then went immediately to customer service and paid the balance off. It takes at least 24 hours from when you make a payment (assuming it is cash) before it becomes available again on your account.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: