DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #2356
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLaholic-mom View Post
Curious! Are the door's at the resort magnetic?
Since they are exterior doors.. YES!!! I decorate our door every trip at SSR!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 11-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #2357
gmg1999
Earning My Ears

SSR Suite?

Hello SSR Lovers!! We are very close to finishing a deal to get SSR thru resale, and I was hoping you guys could give me some idea of how the suites are? We are a family of 4--right now, me, my husband, and 2 sons--2 and 4 years old. Is the suite a decent size for us? Unfortunately, it looks like that is all we would be able to afford based on the points we have purchased. The resort looks very nice, but I'm hoping the room is a decent size for us and a step up from our usual stay at Pop Century or All stars? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #2358
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmg1999 View Post
Hello SSR Lovers!! We are very close to finishing a deal to get SSR thru resale, and I was hoping you guys could give me some idea of how the suites are? We are a family of 4--right now, me, my husband, and 2 sons--2 and 4 years old. Is the suite a decent size for us? Unfortunately, it looks like that is all we would be able to afford based on the points we have purchased. The resort looks very nice, but I'm hoping the room is a decent size for us and a step up from our usual stay at Pop Century or All stars? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!
The studio sleeps 4 with a queen size bed and a sleeper sofa. My family is 2 adults and 2 dds (10 & 8) and we still stay in studios. Having stayed at all 3, the studio is slightly larger that the All Star and POP rooms.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #2359
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmg1999 View Post
Definitely nicer than Pop and a much bigger room plus it's actually soundproofed and the place is so nice and quiet.

My 4 kids share the studio side of our room at SSR and it is way more space than they need.

My boys always take the pull out couch when we use the lock off style and they are 8 & nearly 7 and they still have quite a few years before they outgrow sharing the pullout.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 11-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #2360
PrincessMom4
DVC member-SSR

Our countdown is getting smaller
ALK-Jambo-August 21-29/11; AKL-Kidani Villas-March 13-17/11;1st DVC trip-Kidani Villas-September 5-11/10; Space Ranger Mission - August 16-22/09;DS4th WDW birthday trip - March14 - 20/09;Pirate adventure-August 26-Sept 2/08;1st family trip-August 23-Sept 1/07
Old 11-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #2361
moose615
DIS Veteran

I wasn't going to post on this thread till the contract on our SSR resale was fully done but I'm really excited and can't wait till I can book our first stay
Old 11-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #2362
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615
I wasn't going to post on this thread till the contract on our SSR resale was fully done but I'm really excited and can't wait till I can book our first stay
Howdy neighbor to be. Bring a bacon rum cake by when you get the deed
Old 11-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #2363
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL

That actually sounds good haha, I will do, I knew Norm has an SSR , didn't know you did too.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #2364
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615

That actually sounds good haha, I will do, I knew Norm has an SSR , didn't know you did too.
Yup. 110 points. Bought this summer. Haven't used yet
Old 11-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #2365
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL

Yup. 110 points. Bought this summer. Haven't used yet
I'm not sure when we will stay there, we have 2 vacations in planning state and neither are for SSR, I'm gonna shoot for the 3rd lol, oddly enough we almost rented points for a trip next month at SSR but that got put on hold for now , thought it would of been funny to stay there before the contract closes
Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #2366
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Looks like the thread has been invaded. Make sure you plan to try out the rockers at SSR.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-11-2012, 07:48 PM   #2367
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Looks like the thread has been invaded. Make sure you plan to try out the rockers at SSR.
That's a great tip, I tend to overlook the little things sometimes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #2368
yankeepenny
YANKEE Sock Crocker

Hello !

I posted a few weeks back. I just rented points from a member, and had my first stay at a DVC, and first stay at SSR. I arrived at midday on a Tuesday. The stay at a place on the other side of Orlando the previous 5 nights left me exhausted, irritable and very tired. IT was noon, and my NSSMHP was that nite.
I thought, this is not going to go well. I got to the check in, and calmly told the lady I was very tired, and wanted absolute quiet- impossible at disney, I told her, but close to it would be nice. I did not care where, just quiet- and may I please go and rest and recoup. Two ladies helped out, and I got a room in the Grandstand , section 85. Turns out there were like just a couple of us there, IN THE WHOLE BUILDING. I never, ever heard a thing the entire 10 days, maybe saw 5 people total at the pool, and very few at the bus stop. Someone delivered me to the door, made sure I could work everything in the room, and I went into a coma. When I awoke I went out and went to the party(very nice) the entire stay was fantastic. When I got sick, bell service drove me two miles to instacare, and offered to come back and get me. I had them come early the day I was leaving. The artist palatte staff and all others were great. The room was very clean, and I had no complaints. I got a box to send back home UPS, and used a lot of services. TOP TEN STAFF!
I raved so much, my DH said he would go next trip!
I amy not be a DVC owner, but this resort is my home now.

Gleeker in every sense.

Thing 1 & Thing 2
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #2369
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeepenny View Post
Hello !

I posted a few weeks back. I just rented points from a member, and had my first stay at a DVC, and first stay at SSR. I arrived at midday on a Tuesday. The stay at a place on the other side of Orlando the previous 5 nights left me exhausted, irritable and very tired. IT was noon, and my NSSMHP was that nite.
I thought, this is not going to go well. I got to the check in, and calmly told the lady I was very tired, and wanted absolute quiet- impossible at disney, I told her, but close to it would be nice. I did not care where, just quiet- and may I please go and rest and recoup. Two ladies helped out, and I got a room in the Grandstand , section 85. Turns out there were like just a couple of us there, IN THE WHOLE BUILDING. I never, ever heard a thing the entire 10 days, maybe saw 5 people total at the pool, and very few at the bus stop. Someone delivered me to the door, made sure I could work everything in the room, and I went into a coma. When I awoke I went out and went to the party(very nice) the entire stay was fantastic. When I got sick, bell service drove me two miles to instacare, and offered to come back and get me. I had them come early the day I was leaving. The artist palatte staff and all others were great. The room was very clean, and I had no complaints. I got a box to send back home UPS, and used a lot of services. TOP TEN STAFF!
I raved so much, my DH said he would go next trip!
I amy not be a DVC owner, but this resort is my home now.
Sorry you were ill but glad you had a great service at the resort.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #2370
DeluxePrincess
Humming the Farm Town song...

Hello! I'm not a DVC owner, but was lucky enough to be upgraded from AOA Little Mermaid to a 1 bedroom villa at SSR. I'm very excited to stay here! If you book through Disney, do you think it's best to have a section request on your reservation or just ask at check in? We will be there over Christmas.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: