Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
mindy10
Earning My Ears

Where To Stay In Disney

Hi everyone, we are taking our 8 year old for the first time to Disney and want to stay in the park. Would like to spend around $100 a night for a hotel. Do not know much about the hotels there so was wondering if you could tell me the best one to stay at. My daughter loves pools!! I know we will be spending most of the time at the parks but at night we would probably be by the pool. Can you please give me some suggestions. Thanks everyone. Mindy
mindy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindy10 View Post
Hi everyone, we are taking our 8 year old for the first time to Disney and want to stay in the park. Would like to spend around $100 a night for a hotel. Do not know much about the hotels there so was wondering if you could tell me the best one to stay at. My daughter loves pools!! I know we will be spending most of the time at the parks but at night we would probably be by the pool. Can you please give me some suggestions. Thanks everyone. Mindy
Your budget will depend on the time frame you plan on going and what deals you can get.

But for 'around' $100 you'll be looking at a value resort to put you nearest that amount. Depending upon season and deals you might be able to swing a moderate depending upon room type and discounts.

A value on a room discount is going to be the least expensive.
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

I agree,you'd be looking at a value resort. Either the All Star resorts- music, sports or movies, or Pop Century, and AoA Little Mermaid section.
Have a look at resort pics on the Wdw web site, and all ears.net has a ton of pics in the Accomodations section, along with fact sheets on each resort.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
Your budget will depend on the time frame you plan on going and what deals you can get.

But for 'around' $100 you'll be looking at a value resort to put you nearest that amount. Depending upon season and deals you might be able to swing a moderate depending upon room type and discounts.

A value on a room discount is going to be the least expensive.
Agree with above poster. A value room will be your best bet. Check out the official site, allears.net and mousesavers.com for room info, pics, discounts and rates for the time you are going to WDW.

All WDW hotels have pools, Value's have pools with no slides-but well themed and good sized. We love to swim and pools are important to us too.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
abner1776
DIS Veteran

Your budget will limit your choices to the value resorts only, but another possible choice if you insist on staying "on property" is to rent points from the DVC member.
Depending on time of year and resort, it is possible to get a studio for $100 per night and you will end up staying at a deluxe resort for the cost of the value resort.
I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but I have seen it happen. You will need to check out the Disney Vacation Club boards and get up to speed on renting points.
Good luck
Old 11-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

As everyone else posted a value resort is your best bet. They are themed very brightly and have fun activities at the pool. There are no slides however. I've had family and friends stay at Pop Century and All-Star Movies and they loved them.

Check out Allears and DIS resort links. They will give you pictures and info. Also don't forget to get a planning video from Disney.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #7
DisneyGal24
Always dreaming of Disney!

We have stayed at the values three times (Pop, Sports, and Movies). I think your daughter would love any of them. My kids (dd6 and ds3) still talk about being at All-star Sports this summer. The pools at the values don't have slides but they have great themes.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #8
Dixiemom
DIS Veteran

Mindy, you already know me so you know we have stayed at Pop and Coronado. I think it mostly depends on your budget (which you have already determined) and what you want out of your vacation. Certain times of year are more expensive than others. I would go ahead and request a vacation planning dvd. That way you will be in the system (I think) and can start receiving offers via snail and e-mail.

Lynn, mom of 2

DS 14, DD 10
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: