Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

How Much $$ For One Weekday Night at BW, Mid Oct?

Thanks to a wonderful DVC member we met here we have 7 days in Oct '13 in a standard view studio at BW, we wanted 8 but got shut out of the first day, a Thurs. On the Disney site, a room at BW, not part of the DVC I take it is $500 plus for one night. I assume this may be had for less somehow as the date nears and codes are available, are codes still offered? Anyhoo, I'd appreciate any info as to what we might actually have to pay at BW for one night if the Waitlist thing doesn't work out.

Thanks,
BillFromPA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUGuy View Post
Thanks to a wonderful DVC member we met here we have 7 days in Oct '13 in a standard view studio at BW, we wanted 8 but got shut out of the first day, a Thurs. On the Disney site, a room at BW, not part of the DVC I take it is $500 plus for one night. I assume this may be had for less somehow as the date nears and codes are available, are codes still offered? Anyhoo, I'd appreciate any info as to what we might actually have to pay at BW for one night if the Waitlist thing doesn't work out.

Thanks,
BillFromPA
Discounts aren't out yet for October 2013. I think they're released closer to late summer/August. I'd go ahead and book it if you can to make sure you get what you want and toss on a room only discount later if it's available

With the latest room only offer I believe BW was getting 30 - 35% off. It was a tiered offer, so it may have been a bit less. I'd guesstimate low at 25% to get an idea.
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

If it were me?? I would just stay at a value for that first night and move. You're going to have to move anyway. You can't book a standard view villa with cash...at least that's what I understand. You can only book the preferred view. Book Pop, or AoA, then get up bright and early the first day of your BWV stay, and get a cab over to BW first thing in the morning. That way, you can have your bags with you, rather than waiting until dinnertime.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
staceyeileen
Mouseketeer

I'd call you crazy if you paid $500 for a night in a hotel. But hey, that's just me.
staceyeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeileen View Post
I'd call you crazy if you paid $500 for a night in a hotel. But hey, that's just me.
I could never justify that for us, afford it or not!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeileen View Post
that is why joined DVC back in 93 - it is much cheaper to stay at nice places with DVC than w/o it.

I would agree book at Pop century - next morning take the first bus to any park (although it is definitely easier from studios) - then switch to bw bus.

now you can't take Epcot bus - there is no bus stop for BW at Epcot - you are surpose to walk or boat. - but don't think you would want to spend any of your tickets on just getting to the hotel.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
Candlelady
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Since flights are less expensive mid-week, we always arrive on Thursday and check into either a value or moderate resort and then move over to a villa early on Friday morning. Of course, we rent a car so it makes moving easy.

We get to try out different resorts and usually end up with an AP discount. I never ever wanted to stay at POP Century, but did so for $85 last month. We enjoyed it and will stay again next October for one night prior to checking into DVC on Friday morning.

Another idea is to secure a reservation at the Swan or Dolphin for one night. The beds are 'heavenly', and the restaurants are very good.

Either way, you can use the money saved to have a few extra brews at the pub.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Candlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlelady View Post

Another idea is to secure a reservation at the Swan or Dolphin for one night. The beds are 'heavenly', and the restaurants are very good.
This.

JustBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Thanks for all your helpful ideas. A day after getting shut out, the 'waitlist thing' came through, we've got the whole 8 days in a BoardWalk standard view studio for less than what 2 days at rack rate would cost on the hotel side.

Bill From PA

PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: