Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #1651
ja23k
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24mouseketeers
Im not looking forward to the QS there either to be honest! But we shall see - there's always hopping available! Is starring rolls where the carrot cake cookie is?? I really want to try that!
I think that is the place with the carrot cake cookie. Carrot cake cookie for breakfast, massive cupcake for lunch? (actually I believe they have sandwiches there that might be good. I am going to look into that...)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #1652
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23k

I think that is the place with the carrot cake cookie. Carrot cake cookie for breakfast, massive cupcake for lunch? (actually I believe they have sandwiches there that might be good. I am going to look into that...)
I think the carrot cake cookie is at Writer's Stop but I could be wrong

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #1653
ja23k
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel

Yes! You are totally right. I was thinking of the carrot cake cupcake at starring rolls. Oops.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #1654
Jays2013
Mouseketeer

I made an ADR for Hollywood & Vine (lunch) because DS2 LOVES Jake and The Neverland Pirates. Now, with all these tales of bad experiences .... I'm rethinking it.

Is it that bad? Or just not great? I'm more than willing to deal with one not-so-great meal for the character interaction, but right now I'm going in with a great deal of trepidation!

Me DH DS1 (9) DS2 (5)

---
April 2013 Art of Animation Nemo
Feb. 2006 Pop Century
Nov. 2003 Coronado
Sept. 2002 Animal Kingdom Lodge (honeymoon!)
Three trips as a child,
including one stay at Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM   #1655
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2013 View Post
I made an ADR for Hollywood & Vine (lunch) because DS2 LOVES Jake and The Neverland Pirates. Now, with all these tales of bad experiences .... I'm rethinking it.

Is it that bad? Or just not great? I'm more than willing to deal with one not-so-great meal for the character interaction, but right now I'm going in with a great deal of trepidation!
We've done H&V twice, once for breakfast and once for lunch, and while the food is definitely nothing to write home about, we are doing it again simply because the character interaction is so good. They do a fun parade around the restaurant and the characters tend to take more time here with the kids than most places, probably because it isn't as popular or busy. Plus, the characters here aren't ones you can meet at every other character meal.

I'm usually pretty easy to please, especially at a buffet, so for me to say the food is not great is saying a lot, lol! BUT, it's not that it's totally gross or inedible, it just isn't really "good", compared to the other TS restaurants at WDW. (Although as many have mentioned, the TS options at DHS in general are very lacking, so it's not like you're missing some other great experience to go here instead).

Overall, I would say that the breakfast food was a little better than lunch, although the chocolate chip cookies at lunch were the one redeeming quality of the meal, it's almost worth it for those alone!

If your kids are into Disney Jr, I definitely wouldn't skip it because of the food, just go with low expectations knowing you're there mostly for the characters and just eating "something" so you aren't hungry later. Then you won't be disappointed

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly, Hilton GVC | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA
Upcoming Trips: Oct 2014: POR | Dec 2014 - WL | July 2015 - ASMusic | Nov 2015 - FW Campground
Old 11-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #1656
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Sci Fi is the only TS restaurant we will eat at in DHS. We had bad experiences at both 50's PT and H&V.

At Sci Fi, we stick with the burgers...but beware...the burgers in combination with the delicious milkshakes is a lot of food!!!! We can never finish it all!

ETA: our girls were not scared at all at Sci-Fi, they found most of the clips to be very silly (and they are)
I like Sci-Fi the best too because the themeing is fun. Well, I like 50's PT themeing too but I'm actually not a big fan of that homestyle cooking (plus DH says he doesn't like to go to a restaurant where they yell at him for not finishing his vegetables! )

The food we had at Sci-Fi was decent... I had a pasta dish that was pretty good, and DH had a salad that he really liked. The milkshakes are the bet though!

I was also there as a kid, and I was one of those "absolutely terrified of everything" children, but Sci-Fi didn't scare me. It was much more exciting to be eating in a "car" than scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23k View Post
It's definitely just an added bonus. I don't think it has ever changed my park experience except that the parks are covered with gorgeous flowers. It definitely makes it feel like spring. I know there are events going on, but you have to look for them so they are definitely not in the way of normal experiences there. I found it to be way less crowded than going in Feb, and about the same as going in May.
Yay, this is good to hear! I can't wait to see all the flowers, I'm sure my family will start to get annoyed with me for stopping to take so many pictures!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #1657
cherylsmike
Mouseketeer

My dates have changed. I needed to move my cruise dates up, so the Disney ones got moved a little too. And we lose a day.

We will be at Bonnet Creek April 14-21. We moved our cruise to April 7th. Now if I don't like the cruise I know I will have my happy place to go to afterwards. That is not the reason we switched dates, but it is a bonus.

I have to reschedule my flights and will lose my $107 arrival flight. It will probably go to about $180. I haven't bought the return flights yet. I think I may hold off until the 90 day window. I check a couple times a day though.

I am still sad that we aren't staying at a Disney resort OR doing a Disney Cruise. But I guess my DD15 would call those "rich girl probs".

I guess I need to change my tickers now,
March 2004 Disneyland Hotel, March 2006 Port Orlean's Riverside, February 2008 POP Century, May/June 2009 Port Orlean's French Quarter, August 2010 Wilderness Lodge, February 2011 POP/Coronado Springs, December 2011 Port Orlean's Riverside, April 2013 Port Orlean's Riverside, June 2014 Port Orlean's Riverside
Old 11-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #1658
mom24mouseketeers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23k View Post
Yes! You are totally right. I was thinking of the carrot cake cupcake at starring rolls. Oops.
Ok so Writer's Stop it is!!! I am really wanting that cookie! lol I saw a pic of it in a TR from a foodie that went last year and let me tell you my mouth was watering just seeing it on my computer screen!

T
Old 11-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #1659
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsmike View Post

I am still sad that we aren't staying at a Disney resort OR doing a Disney Cruise. But I guess my DD15 would call those "rich girl probs".

yes, those are First World Problems, lol. Here's some more:

and one for all of us here:

*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 AM   #1660
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
yes, those are First World Problems, lol. Here's some more:

and one for all of us here:

OMG!!!! These are hilarious!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #1661
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

that last one should be the photo for our FB group, lol.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013 - 2nd Family trip: AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ Yacht Club
*NEXT UP: 8/2014 - 2nd Kid-Free trip - WL *4/15 - 3rd Family Trip - CSR?*
Old 11-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #1662
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

those pics cracked me up!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!! Where did you find them????
DS (14)
Lily
Old 11-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #1663
JillianSam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama
that last one should be the photo for our FB group, lol.
This made me realize that this time last year I was in Disney! ... Hurry up April!
Old 11-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #1664
USAND3KIDS
Mouseketeer

Wow 40 more pages since I posted last! Boy am I a procrastination queen or what???? I need April to hurry up and get here, but first I need an April discount to come out.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #1665
Britta1
Earning My Ears

Its official!

DH and I will be be staying at POFQ from April 16-22 then off to HRH at Universal for 3 nights!

Can't wait for April to get here!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: