Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #61
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennywife View Post
In fact, I love S Bucks and am a regular customer. However, it doesn't match the theme of Main Street.
And Nescafe does?

I think some folks may benefit from looking into the Nestle company a bit.
vacationer1954 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #62
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationer1954 View Post
And Nescafe does?
Nescafe isnt the brand which is going to have a store on main street and epcot like Starbucks will. There's a huge difference.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #63
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Nescafe isnt the brand which is going to have a store on main street and epcot like Starbucks will. There's a huge difference.
What difference? In addition to coffee drinks, the bakery will sell some starbucks baked goods and breakfast sandwiches. Otherwise, there really isn't any difference. Hilarious that we are upset that the Edy's store is being replaced by a Starbucks store because it's too corporate. lol.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #64
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No but it's no different to stores in WDW selling bottles of Coke Or selling ice cream sandwiches made with Nestle Toll House Cookies and Edy's Ice Cream.

Starbucks isn't going to have a store like you see outside of the parks, it's will be themed to fit the area (MSB will remain MSB and serving Starbucks)

I find it hilarious people are going to Disney and complaining about multi million dollar corporations. Disney isn't exactly a not for profit organisation.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #65
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
What difference? In addition to coffee drinks, the bakery will sell some starbucks baked goods and breakfast sandwiches. Otherwise, there really isn't any difference. Hilarious that we are upset that the Edy's store is being replaced by a Starbucks store because it's too corporate. lol.
We posted the same basic points.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #66
ChimneysweepGeorge
Mouseketeer

I'm going to remain guardedly optimistic. I've not yet seen anything official showing how it will look (and if it's out there, please correct me) so I can't judge. I do know that I've seen some very effective co-branding within Epcot and don't see any reason they can't do similar amazing work with a Starbucks.

The prospect of reasonably decent coffee inside the parks makes me quite happy.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #67
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimneysweepGeorge View Post
I'm going to remain guardedly optimistic. I've not yet seen anything official showing how it will look (and if it's out there, please correct me) so I can't judge. I do know that I've seen some very effective co-branding within Epcot and don't see any reason they can't do similar amazing work with a Starbucks.

The prospect of reasonably decent coffee inside the parks makes me quite happy.
Nothing available about the WDW locations but google the DCA Starbucks location and you'll get the general idea. It's 100% in keeping with the area it's in there. Very well themed

Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #68
ChimneysweepGeorge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Nothing available about the WDW locations but google the DCA Starbucks location and you'll get the general idea. It's 100% in keeping with the area it's in there. Very well themed
I had seen that but never a direct and official "It will be like this." It's likely it will be but Disney has a long standing tradition for looking for ways to improve an idea when it decides to reiterate. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the new locations will be themed even better.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #69
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChimneysweepGeorge View Post
I had seen that but never a direct and official "It will be like this." It's likely it will be but Disney has a long standing tradition for looking for ways to improve an idea when it decides to reiterate. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the new locations will be themed even better.
Disney hasn't released any information about the new locations look but it will be the similarly themed into the location. The outside of MSB was fully refurbished this year so I doubt the outside will change at all, except for the well blended Starbucks sign.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #70
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
No but it's no different to stores in WDW selling bottles of Coke Or selling ice cream sandwiches made with Nestle Toll House Cookies and Edy's Ice Cream.

Starbucks isn't going to have a store like you see outside of the parks, it's will be themed to fit the area (MSB will remain MSB and serving Starbucks)

I find it hilarious people are going to Disney and complaining about multi million dollar corporations. Disney isn't exactly a not for profit organisation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
I was simply making a point to the comment "and nescafe does?": As I said, nescafe not matching the theme of main street isnt an issue because theyre not the ones planning on opening a store, starbucks is. So that comment made no sense at all.

The pp said starbucks theme doesnt match, but I guess we cant judge until the store opens cause we might be pleasantly surprised. Never know. Judging by the starbucks in DL Cali, it might be good. im hoping they incorporate starbucks into the bakery rather than the bakery into starbucks. Im hoping they keep a lot of the same treats as before. We shall see. The only worry i have is the icecream sandwiches they use to make. Im losing sleep over it! Will they get rid of this altogether? or maybe they will get the plaza ice cream shop to make them?

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #71
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

MSB isn't closing, Disney clearly said that in their statement. It will be themed to match Main St and it's doubtful the exterior will change at all, with the exception of a small Starbucks sign. They spent 7 months of renovations, they're not going to rip it all down and start again. The Starbucks items will be integrated into the MSB, with Disney treats and Starbucks treats.

Quote:
I was simply making a point to the comment "and nescafe does?": As I said, nescafe not matching the theme of main street isnt an issue because theyre not the ones planning on opening a store, starbucks is. So that comment made no sense at all.

The pp said starbucks theme doesnt match, but I guess we cant judge until the store opens cause we might be pleasantly surprised. Never know. Judging by the starbucks in DL Cali, it might be good. im hoping they incorporate starbucks into the bakery rather than the bakery into starbucks. Im hoping they keep a lot of the same treats as before. We shall see. The only worry i have is the icecream sandwiches they use to make. Im losing sleep over it! Will they get rid of this altogether? or maybe they will get the plaza ice cream shop to make them?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #72
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher

Quote:
MSB isn't closing, Disney clearly said that in their statement. It will be themed to match Main St and it's doubtful the exterior will change at all, with the exception of a small Starbucks sign. They spent 7 months of renovations, they're not going to rip it all down and start again. The Starbucks items will be integrated into the MSB, with Disney treats and Starbucks treats.
Will it still be called Main St Bakery thou? Probably not. It will be themed to match main st, thats fine. But what will they be selling? Thats what everyone is worried about. If they keep most of the same treats, that would be great. But until it happens, I wont get my hopes up too high. Im keeping my fingers crossed until then thou.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #73
drsanvil
Earning My Ears

I'd be happier if it was going to be a Dunkin Donuts - their coffee rocks!

BCV - 12-2012
BCV - 10-2010
BCV - 12-2009
BCV - 9-2008
BCV - 2-2007
SSR - 10-2005
BCV - 12-2004
drsanvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #74
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Will it still be called Main St Bakery thou? Probably not.
We don't know yet. If I had to guess, I'd say probably yes. Why do you suspect not?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #75
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

there is not a black and white difference between "sponsorship" and "opening a store". There is a spectrum of levels of sponsorship along a bunch of dimensions including: the range of products being served, signage, exclusivity, operating control, etc.

i'm not sure what you mean by "opening a store" vs what nescafe did. it seems to be that the starbucks deal is much less far reaching than the nescafe one (which was essentially all coffee in all parks and many resort locations with a few exceptions).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: