Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
eetravel
Earning My Ears

Printing boarding passes

Haven't seen this anywhere else so here's my question. We're getting a rental from port canaveral to mco right after we get off the ship. We're flying Southwest. Is there a way to print out boarding passes on the ship the day before or do we just have to do everything at the airport? I've heard you're able to print boarding passes the day before on Royal Carribbean but haven't found anything with regards to DCL. Thanks in advance.
eetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Yes, I borrowed a laptop from guest services, used it in the cove coffee lounge where it is preprogrammed to print, and downloaded/printed boarding passes... Only downside is the $.75/minute for Internet and how slow the connection was.
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
aliron
Mouseketeer

Post Pay the additional money

I have flown southwest a couple of times. I just pay the additional $10 for them to check me in at 36 hours. I do not have to worry about getting on the internet on the ship just to check in. I can get the passes printed at the airport.

Makes the vacation that much more enjoyable.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
katienaps
Earning My Ears

Thanks.....Had the same question as we are on SWA! My thought was either to have my brother (at home) check me in and I would just reprint boarding pass at airport. I don't think it changes, once your boarding position is assigned, I think it sticks? Alternatively (A), I may just pay the early boarding fee for 1/2 our family and hope that no one chooses to sit near them. Alternatively (B), when I spoke with SWA, they said family boarding is available after group "A", and was told I really shouldn't have a problem sitting together.

Still interested to see what others have already done in similiar situation.
katienaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

We've found the easiest thing is to ask someone at home to check in for us. Alternatively, you can use the ship's internet to check in. While you can pay to print the passes on the ship, there is no need--you can print them free at the airport (yes, you advance check in is still good).

Family boarding on SW is between groups A and B, and is reserved for families with kids 4 and under. It doesn't matter what boarding they have--if you have a 4 or under with you, you get to bump all the people who did advance check in but have a B or C.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #6
aliron
Mouseketeer

Graduate of SW Boarding School?

Note that SW only is supposed to allow familys with children 4 and under to preboard once all the A passegers have boarded.

I leave Thursday on SW and just went through boarding school.

http://www.southwest.com/html/custom...oarding_school
Old 11-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

OP, for your situation I would probably just do Early Bird. My next option would be to have someone do it for me at home (if I had someone incredibly trustworthy and SW-savvy at home), and the last option for me would be to pay for internet time and printing onboard.

I wouldn't do it for half the group HOPING no one sits near those people; they have no policy on sharing seats, which means if someone DOES want to sit there, you can't do anything about it.

I wouldn't count on family boarding, because if (like many Disney-based flights) they are chockful of children, they can and sometimes do forgo having family boarding.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
tajz90
Mama D

We purchased early bird on flight home for that exact reason. Turns out, we didn't need it. There were only 10 people on plane.

For some reason, I thought Disney had printed out boarding passes for us one year when we sailed to the Med with them. Was hoping they still practiced that.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: