Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #121
AuroraRora
Princess

I'm new to the Dis Single lady here and planning my first solo trip in April! I've been with the family plenty of times and as my siblings and I got older, we'd all wander off and do our own thing, and I've done a day at Disneyland alone. Flying down there alone and having hotel reservations for one is a little more intimidating though, but I'm determined to get over that! I prefer traveling places alone and I refuse to let the fact that I'm single hold me back from going "home" to WDW!
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #122
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I'm new to the Dis Single lady here and planning my first solo trip in April! I've been with the family plenty of times and as my siblings and I got older, we'd all wander off and do our own thing, and I've done a day at Disneyland alone. Flying down there alone and having hotel reservations for one is a little more intimidating though, but I'm determined to get over that! I prefer traveling places alone and I refuse to let the fact that I'm single hold me back from going "home" to WDW!
NEVER let single hold you back sweetie. . .to quote my friends today. . .Single is Special without the headache. . .enjoy.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #123
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Hi guys just wanted to check in and say hi. I have been crazy busy. There has been lots going on here and it only going to get busier. I am looking forward to the holidays. They will be here before we know it. Hope all is well with everyone.

And a Happy Veteran's Day to all that serve and have served.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #124
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Hi guys just wanted to check in and say hi. I have been crazy busy. There has been lots going on here and it only going to get busier. I am looking forward to the holidays. They will be here before we know it. Hope all is well with everyone.

And a Happy Veteran's Day to all that serve and have served.
GF, we need and out of town experience together. . .miss you and your best buds. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 11-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #125
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
GF, we need and out of town experience together. . .miss you and your best buds. . .
Absolutely! We need to figure something out. It will have to be after the first of the year. We miss you guys too, we need another day.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 AM   #126
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
Absolutely! We need to figure something out. It will have to be after the first of the year. We miss you guys too, we need another day.
Okay, we are busy till after the first of the year anyway. Works for us. Renewing my passport and making Tony get one. . .maybe we should all hook up in Germany. . .lol. I am thinking I need to visit Erik's bar. . .lol.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #127
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

I'm Baaaaccckkkk!

ok I go away for 2 weeks and you start a new thread without me!
So yes I did miss you all, looks like you've started the party without me, no worries...I'll catch up.
just wanted to drop a quick note to say hi, we've been working non-stop since the hurricane hit so I have very little time to myself.
I will tell you that I had an awesome time in Europe, even with the rain and rough waters. I met some really cool people from the UK and it was awesome seeing the extinct volcanos that created the Canary Islands. I did go to London for the day, didn't see the Queen Mum, but I saw the crown jewels which I thought I would look fabulous in.
Anyway, when my world slows down a bit I will share more...

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #128
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Okay, we are busy till after the first of the year anyway. Works for us. Renewing my passport and making Tony get one. . .maybe we should all hook up in Germany. . .lol. I am thinking I need to visit Erik's bar. . .lol.
Germany sounds like a great place to meet. I have seen Erik's bar. It is always fully stocked and he makes a great host and bartender. I'm sure he would make you and Tony a drink or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
So yes I did miss you all, looks like you've started the party without me, no worries...I'll catch up.
just wanted to drop a quick note to say hi, we've been working non-stop since the hurricane hit so I have very little time to myself.
I will tell you that I had an awesome time in Europe, even with the rain and rough waters. I met some really cool people from the UK and it was awesome seeing the extinct volcanos that created the Canary Islands. I did go to London for the day, didn't see the Queen Mum, but I saw the crown jewels which I thought I would look fabulous in.
Glad you checked in. How did you fare from Sandy? I am looking forward to hearing about your trip and who knows maybe the next time you are in the UK you can have tea with the queen and try on the jewels.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #129
DIS_MERI
Mouseketeer

As I posted in the old thread....

Hello All!
Just dropping in to say hi I managed to stay away from the boards for a whole month, almost! Just 2.5 weeks until the wedding, and then another 2 weeks until my classes end and I can breathe again Hope all is well with everyone!

ETA: Looks like I dropped in at just the right time....congrats DC!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, because I probably won't manage to surface before then
Old 11-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #130
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousecreant View Post
Hello everyone,
It has been sometime since I have posted on these forums be it from moving multiple times to the difficulty in finding stable employment. But now that I am settled living in Orlando and have an annual pass I wanted to get in touch with you guys again and see how everyone was doing. Too many pages to read everything so if there are any key points I've missed please feel free to update me.
back! I see that Darcy gave you a quick update rundown, so I'll avoid the repeats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
to the SSC! We always love having new people join us, so feel free to pull up a stool, order up a drink, and jump right into the conversations around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDiva View Post
Glad to hear you are doing ok. Figured you'd be busy with the storm cleanup. Guessing it's an environmental mess with lots of stuff for you guys to do. Hopefully things will get a bit slower for you soon since the SSC hasn't quite been the same without you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIS_MERI View Post
As I posted in the old thread....

Hello All!
Just dropping in to say hi I managed to stay away from the boards for a whole month, almost! Just 2.5 weeks until the wedding, and then another 2 weeks until my classes end and I can breathe again Hope all is well with everyone!

ETA: Looks like I dropped in at just the right time....congrats DC!

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving, because I probably won't manage to surface before then
Thanks for the congrats! Hope things calm down for you soon so you can enjoy the new marriage!
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #131
jnoble82
Mouseketeer

So after much back and forth, I'm heading down Dec. 2nd-Dec. 10th and staying at POFQ! A bit expensive for a single person but since Pop Warner comes in during my stay, it will at least be a bit quieter. And, honestly, I love slides into pools so I'm looking forward to that (and a boat ride to DTD). Need to start my count down! I'm excited!!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #132
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

So. I decided to come down for a quick trip. I'm having lunch at BOG right now with dinner a little later. The West Wing is so cool. Really wanted to eat there. But I had to settle for the Rose Gallery. It's ok. Has a bunch of pictures of Belle and Beast. For some reason Beast is wearing a bonnet in one.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #133
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Hey guys. Sorry I've been absent a lot. School is kicking my a$$. Hope everyone is doing well! DW and I are heading to So Cal this weekend to visit some family and then on Sunday we're heading to DL to check out the Christmas Decorations and Carsland!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #134
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
So. I decided to come down for a quick trip. I'm having lunch at BOG right now with dinner a little later. The West Wing is so cool. Really wanted to eat there. But I had to settle for the Rose Gallery. It's ok. Has a bunch of pictures of Belle and Beast. For some reason Beast is wearing a bonnet in one.
Hey Josh! How are you? Ok racking my brains what is BOG? How is the job search going?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #135
jennyjones78
Earning My Ears

Hi i am planning a Disney cruise on May 2, 2013 for myself and sons. I was wondering if there are any activities for singles on the cruises?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: