Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #31
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Haha, she is adorable! I included her in my PTR but forgot to put her picture in this one.
"Awwwww!" <- That's what my DD and I said in unison at Lola's pictures. So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Nice bright cute room. I don't see myself staying at Pop Century again if I can get a similar discount at AoA.
I really liked the new safes with no key, just type in your code and lock it.
The fridge was nice although we didn't even use it.
I am glad to hear you would still choose AoA despite the walk to LM. I have read enough to be worried about that distance. Sure, we walked almost 3 miles yesterday, and there's a lot of walking at the parks, but walking far to a room seems like too much! But it might not be all THAT bad.
I like that kind of safe also. It's especially good when you have more than 1 adult, and you both might want to open the safe. I wonder if it is a secure as the card-swipe kind, but it sure is more convenient!

Looking forward to more. The color on your pictures seems off, but otherwise they look nice to me. Keep them coming!
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #32
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I always love safari pictures! It's cool to see all the zebras now!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #33
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Devine is Beautiful!

After we rode the Safari we were going to head to Expedition Everest to get fastpasses for Emily and I.

Well, we ran into DeVine! I was super happy about that. I love seeing her! She is so beautiful! It was on my to do list, so that is why I was excited. Sorry for the ridiculous amount of pics, I just was picture happy!

After we were graced by her presence we headed to Expedition Everest for our fastpasses. Corey doesn't ride this anymore so the FP was for Emily and I. When we got there the ride was down so we got the FP for 1:10-2:10.

I think the area around EE is so beautiful! It is one of my favorite parts of the park. With those tattered flags and those awesome strands of lights a little further away, it makes for awesome pics!

After our fastpasses I wanted to see the characters at Camp Minnie Mickey. Minnie was my main priority because of her adorable orange Halloween costume, but I wanted to see Mickey scarecrow too.

Unfortunately Minnie's line went all the way to the end of the path. That was too long, especially because Emily would be arriving soon.

We decided to wait in line for Mickey instead. Corey was just going to wait on a bench but then I urgently texted him to come because he had the photopass card. Then I gently "forced" him to stay for the pic! He obliged.

On our way out of Camp Minnie Mickey we got a text from Emily: Her bus was taking off from the airport! YAY!!! She was almost here!! I couldn't wait.

On our way back we had a completely empty bus! How nice!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #34
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Awww I love the 2nd giraffe pic!
I like that one too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
"Awwwww!" <- That's what my DD and I said in unison at Lola's pictures. So cute!

I am glad to hear you would still choose AoA despite the walk to LM. I have read enough to be worried about that distance. Sure, we walked almost 3 miles yesterday, and there's a lot of walking at the parks, but walking far to a room seems like too much! But it might not be all THAT bad.
I like that kind of safe also. It's especially good when you have more than 1 adult, and you both might want to open the safe. I wonder if it is a secure as the card-swipe kind, but it sure is more convenient!

Looking forward to more. The color on your pictures seems off, but otherwise they look nice to me. Keep them coming!
We never even had a card swipe one, just the lock and key safe.

The walk definitely is not THAT bad. It was far but not really far. It def wouldn't deter me from staying there.

I think I must have had some sort of light setting on the beginning of my trip! That or I had an ISO level too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I always love safari pictures! It's cool to see all the zebras now!
It was cool! I liked them. They were pretty!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #36
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Wow! DeVine is amazing. I don't think I have ever seen her at the park - or maybe she blended in so well. Yay that your friend is almost there. Looking forward to reading more!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #37
FancyNancy
Princess

DeVine is gorgeous! I didn't spot her on my last trip to AK but I am going to keep a better look out for her next time for sure!

Old 11-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #38
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I know I'm in the minority, but DeVine creeps me out a little! I saw her once and I was slightly frightened. You got some great pics though!

I bet it was so cute to see the characters in their Halloween costumes!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #39
Isthatyoutiger
DVC Member SSR Jan 2007

I am in. Great trip report! Can't wait to read/see more

We have never had breakfast at Boma before. We will have to try it sometime. Dinner at Boma is great and we try and eat there every trip.

August 1998 Offsite -August 2000 Wilderness Lodge - December 2001 CBR - June 2003 AKL - December 2004 WL - January 2007 WL (20 yr Anniversary) - Joined DVC SSR Jan 2007
-June 2007 SSR - June 2008 SSR - August 2009 SSR - August 2010 DVC AKL Kidani Village - November 2011 Family B-Day Celebration DVC AKL Jumbo House -
Upcoming Trip - August 2013 BCV & Vero Beach
Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #40
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985

We never even had a card swipe one, just the lock and key sa
Oops! I was thinking of the safe on a trip elsewhere w my parents. I can't tell you how many times my poor dad had to dig out his credit card for someone else to open the safe.
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #41
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Real life Update- Chicago!

I completed my first week of work! It is really great so far. They are light speed ahead of my old company. It will be a lot of work but I think it will be rewarding.

Anyways, Wed- Friday I got to go to Chicago for training and onboarding. I stayed at Hotel Sax which is right in the heart of downtown.

Why yes, i think I will order the $1200 bottle of champagne!

View from hotel

I had dinner at the Rockit Bar and Grill. The food was just average (I think I picked the wrong thing) but the drink was amazing! It was a blueberry margarita.

Office- It is the Tropicana HQ which is in Chicago. It is amazing there. I really could work in DT chicago. It would be fun. The premises were awesome. 17 Floors of only PepsiCo people!

Taste testing- from concentrate vs not from concentrate.

I even visited the Disney store.

I even got some goodies.

The other night I had some Flat Top Grill restaurant. Sort of like a Mongolian BBQ. It was fun but wasn't that great of food. I don't like those kind of restaurants because I feel like I can't make good choices. I actually ran into people from high school here that live in Chicago! How weird is that??

I found out that there is a Magnolia Bakery in Chicago. I went there in NYC and fell in love with the Red Velvet. I stopped here before Dinner and had a red velvet just in case they ran out.

Seriously the best red velvet ever. The frosting is what does it. It is superb.

I also got a pistachio with meringue and another red velvet. I had the pistachio after I got back and the other red velvet in the morning for breakfast.

Part two coming up...

Last edited by rachel09985; 11-17-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #42
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Chicago Part 2

Across from Magnolia Bakery was the really pretty Macys with the huge tree.

Macys even have hidden mickeys!

While it was pretty Macys doesn't have anything on Disney World at Christmas.

After Macys I got Garrett Popcorn. If you ever go to Chicago please get a bag. It is delicious.

The next day at work I had breakfast from their cafeteria. It is all PepsiCo products at a really cheap price. I got all this for 3 dollars.

I had sushi for lunch! It was a lot of sushi for only $12. I liked the tuna with avocado and spicy tuna. I love raw tuna!

I got a lot of goodies from work. I got a Tropicana bag and a Pepsi bag with fun stuff in it.

4 pack of Pepsi Cola nice glasses.

Computer sleeve

Coffee tumbler

All in all, it was a great time. I can see myself spending many years at PepsiCo.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #43
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Joining in !! I have enjoyed your dining reports, so I know I will enjoy your TR !! Congrats on the new job !! Looking forward to reading more.
thanks I am glad you are here. I love your dining reports as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Wow! DeVine is amazing. I don't think I have ever seen her at the park - or maybe she blended in so well. Yay that your friend is almost there. Looking forward to reading more!
Next time you go you need to see her! Your new to do list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
DeVine is gorgeous! I didn't spot her on my last trip to AK but I am going to keep a better look out for her next time for sure!
She is pretty! I can't imagine how long it takes for her to get ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but DeVine creeps me out a little! I saw her once and I was slightly frightened. You got some great pics though!

I bet it was so cute to see the characters in their Halloween costumes!
Lol, I can see how you would think she is creepy! It was cute, i love characters wit holiday outfits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isthatyoutiger View Post
I am in. Great trip report! Can't wait to read/see more

We have never had breakfast at Boma before. We will have to try it sometime. Dinner at Boma is great and we try and eat there every trip.
Thanks for reading! I have never had dinner there. I will have to try it too but I don't know if my BF would like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
Oops! I was thinking of the safe on a trip elsewhere w my parents. I can't tell you how many times my poor dad had to dig out his credit card for someone else to open the safe.
I see!! I hated to have to carry around the key and if you lost it you were charged a lot!

Old 11-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #44
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I didn't know you worked for PepsiCo! How cool!

Sounds like a fun trip! I've only been to Chicago once and didn't really have a great time, but I feel like I need to give it another change!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #45
MEK
DIS Veteran

Not sure how I missed your Devine pictures, but they are lovely. You got some great shots.

Oh - and your trip to Chicago looks like a blast. I'm not quite ready to see Christmas decorations yet, unless they are in the Disney store. Good luck with your new job.

That margarita looks amazing. I want one!!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: