Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Bringing your own bedding?

Can you bring your own sheets/blanket/pillow cases? How is that handled?

Last cruise we went on my son broke out in a rash after laying on the bed, which lasted the rest of the trip. He is super sensitive to laundry soaps and there is only 1 kind we can use for him. For hotels I usually bring him a sleeping bag and he sleeps on the couch but thats always for just 1 night so it would be nicer if he had actual bedding. We are driving to port and don't have much luggage to begin with.
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Sure, you can bring your own...obviously you'd have to be responsible for it. You might want to mark it with a permanent marker or bit of embroidery to ID it as yours.

They also have an "allergy clean" that they will do on the room before you enter if needed, and I believe they have "allergy safe" special sheet packs. The big question is whether they will work for your son.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
Can you bring your own sheets/blanket/pillow cases? How is that handled?

Last cruise we went on my son broke out in a rash after laying on the bed, which lasted the rest of the trip. He is super sensitive to laundry soaps and there is only 1 kind we can use for him. For hotels I usually bring him a sleeping bag and he sleeps on the couch but thats always for just 1 night so it would be nicer if he had actual bedding. We are driving to port and don't have much luggage to begin with.
Have you noted the allergy on your reservation?

You certainly can bring your own bedding, however I would think you would be responsible for laundering/bed changing yourself, in that case.

I could be wrong.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Have you noted the allergy on your reservation?

You certainly can bring your own bedding, however I would think you would be responsible for laundering/bed changing yourself, in that case.

I could be wrong.

No we haven't noted allergies yet - we finalize everything monday and will do it then, we have to make note of his food issues as well.

Its only 4 nights so I don't need to wash it or anything in that short of a time in particular. I'm thinking he will sleep on the pull-down bed (twin size??). Can I just leave it down or does it have to be folded every day? We won't be in the room much at all.

His bedding is bright orange sheet/pillowcase and purple blanket, so it should be obvious its our own!
Old 11-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
No we haven't noted allergies yet - we finalize everything monday and will do it then, we have to make note of his food issues as well.

Its only 4 nights so I don't need to wash it or anything in that short of a time in particular. I'm thinking he will sleep on the pull-down bed (twin size??). Can I just leave it down or does it have to be folded every day? We won't be in the room much at all.

His bedding is bright orange sheet/pillowcase and purple blanket, so it should be obvious its our own!
Do you mean the pull down bed that's over the couch? It can make it a bit troublesome (sitting on the couch) to keep it down, but the room host will certainly do it if you request it.

You could leave the bed that's in the sofa down, if you wish, instead of the upper one.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
Candy Apple
DIS Veteran

What about a sleep sack that he could use like a sleeping bag but on the bed. It would be less bulk for you to carry than a whole set of sheets. You could try it at home first to see if he likes it. Here is one on Amazon. They have a few different ones made out of different materials, if the type of fabric is important for your son.

http://www.amazon.com/Hammock-Bliss-...ep+sack+travel
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

I always bring my own sheet, quilt and pillow. We have had no problem with our room stewards removing them. Sometimes we take them off the bed and fold them and store in the closet. No one has ever said a word.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner
Sure, you can bring your own...obviously you'd have to be responsible for it. You might want to mark it with a permanent marker or bit of embroidery to ID it as yours.

They also have an "allergy clean" that they will do on the room before you enter if needed, and I believe they have "allergy safe" special sheet packs. The big question is whether they will work for your son.
It would be great if they had allergy safe sheets. The bedding is amazing and it would be sad not to enjoy those Frette sheets! Of course, boys may not mind...or know what they are missing
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Apple View Post
What about a sleep sack that he could use like a sleeping bag but on the bed. It would be less bulk for you to carry than a whole set of sheets. You could try it at home first to see if he likes it. Here is one on Amazon. They have a few different ones made out of different materials, if the type of fabric is important for your son.

http://www.amazon.com/Hammock-Bliss-...ep+sack+travel

He has one similar which I made for him that we have used for hotels, but he flails about in his sleep so always ends up half out of it face down on the fitted sheet. In hotels, he usually sleeps on the couch in his sleep sack so he won't come in contact with the stuff washed in harsh laundry soap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san View Post
I always bring my own sheet, quilt and pillow. We have had no problem with our room stewards removing them. Sometimes we take them off the bed and fold them and store in the closet. No one has ever said a word.
Good to know, thanks.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
leighi123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
It would be great if they had allergy safe sheets. The bedding is amazing and it would be sad not to enjoy those Frette sheets! Of course, boys may not mind...or know what they are missing
The kid is 5, he will sleep on the floor, in all his clothes, with a towel as a blanket and not care! I don't think he'd notice even if they were the best sheets in the world. The bedding he has now is actually not as nice as what I was trying to get him to choose, but he chose what he has b/c it was his favorite color, purple.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123

The kid is 5, he will sleep on the floor, in all his clothes, with a towel as a blanket and not care! I don't think he'd notice even if they were the best sheets in the world. The bedding he has now is actually not as nice as what I was trying to get him to choose, but he chose what he has b/c it was his favorite color, purple.
Yeah, my kids are the same . They actually like sleeping on the floor at home. But for adults it would be nice to know they have allergy-safe sheets.
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: