Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

If he doesn't like loud noises then definitely Garden Grill.

We love Chef Mickey's though and so did our 1 year old. She had a blast running around with Donald waving her napkin. I do think it gets a bad rap though. The food is not that bad in our opinion. And its a character meal and a buffet. I don't go thinking I'm going to get amazing world class food

We did Garden Grill too though on our 3rd night and it was a great way to ease her into character dining (I was afraid she would flip out if a character just popped up behind her because she cried our very first day when she met Mickey) because it wasn't so overwhelming.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV- October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!* UPCOMING: December 2015- BLT
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #17
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We have not eaten at Garden Grill yet, but have given Chef Mickey's 3 chances to impress us, or even be decent and really it only got progressively worse with each visit.

The food quality was poor and the food temperatures were not appropriate. The buffet area was disgusting. Not only that but we have even had issues with the silverware cleanliness....seriously, on our last trip, I unrolled the silverware from the napkin to find that a brownie?? had been rolled up with them...how does that even happen???

Also, we have found (and maybe this is because of the "party" atmosphere) that although the characters would be making their way to every table to visit, that doesn't stop people from going up to the characters when they are at someone else's table. We missed two characters last time because of this issue.

I don't think you could pay my DD's to eat there again, they were so disappointed the last time, which is fine because we don't like it and now we don't have to go back.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #18
Stitch381
Earning My Ears

Garden Grill here too. We have eaten at both and was disappointed with CM.

Cm - was bland and warm food. Nothing particularly enjoyable and was mediocre. The characters were ok, just felt like a conveyor belt madness. There was nothing private about it at all. Shame Liberty in MK stopped having characters. They were fantastic there.

GG - food was nice and loved the atmosphere. It felt private and no one was taking the character attention away. They sat at our table, pretending to eat dinner and draw with the kids. They even pulled me up to dance. I'm a huge GG fan. The staff were attentive too.
Stitch381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
OLIVIA'S DADDY
Mouseketeer

Chef mickey's!! The atmosphere is great and lots of fun, my daughters favorite place to go...i think the food is pretty good, not sure where all the hate and disappointment comes in for chef mickeys...its good food in my opinion and there is a bigger selection than garden grill...garden grill is quieter and nice as well but in comparing the 2 i woould take chef mickeys 10 out of 10 times...plus there is not much of a selection at the garden grill...both are good choices but we prefer chef mickeys...
OLIVIA'S DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: